Messy paws

mikes julie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im not sure this is the correct place to post this but here it goes......

My kitten is 11 weeks old and some of you may remember when he first came home with me he would not use the litterbox. Everyone on here was very helpful and some of you even suggested the kitten attract litter. I took that GREAT advice and bought some. It worked like a charm..he now uses the box everytime....Thank You for that advice. Now hopefully you will be able to help me with this next issue. When Calvin uses the litterbox he ends up stepping in the pee or poops and if i dont watch him everytime he goes in 9 out of 10 times he would be tracking it thru my house. Will he ever grow out of it? How do i prevent this from happening?? I hope there is a solution.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mikes julie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
am i the only one with this problem

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had 2 kittens that got messy paws like that. They grew out of it, eventually. They got pickier with cleanliness as they got older. It didn't take that long, but I cannot remember how long it did take. They were similar in age when they began to get better about it.

gen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitties don't have that problem, but they tend to step in all sorts of other stuff. (Paint, spilled drinks, spilled flour, makeup etc). I have learned to keep a pack of baby wipes on hand. As soon as I see the tell tale paw prints I grab a baby wipe and track down the perpetrator.