Message from Steph (dawnofsierra)

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im glad youre back and that nothing happened bad during the storm

it is freezing right here in frankfurt at the moment. where i live which is further up north its all nice and sunny

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sure helps to snuggle with one's cat when there is no heat...I had to
when you said that Sierra had a lot to say about the lack of power and heat!

What a memory this gave me of an experience with Michaela<RB>, and our time up in the Rockies, in a house with no heat but a woodstove...that didn't give any heat to the attic room (where our window was stuck open the night it began to snow for the first time that year....) BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad she ate! I was worried when you told me she was refusing her food. Nice to see you back here again.

G

ghostuser

Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

Thank you, Susie, yes, we sure are glad, too!

Yes, Cathi, thank goodness! It's so nice to snuggle up in a warm quilt, isn't it!
So glad everything is OK now, Sierra. I have been lurking here, knowing that this was caused by my Dad, but embarrassed to tell you.

You see, the storm that caused you and your Mom, our beachside friend Stephanie, your power failure, was caused by my Dad, when he sent that big storm over to the East Coast from the Gulf Coast, where it hit us a couple of days ago. We lost power too, in the middle of the night. And it was dark dark. It was scary! And these human people think that we can see in the dark -- not in the dark dark, can we?

Anyway, this happens so often here on our Texas beach that Dad installed a generator down in the garage, so we got some power back in an hour or so. (Mom was gone off quilting on a sleepover with some of her buddies, and Dad sleeps so soundly with his hearing aids out, that he didn't even hear the thunder. I had to jump on him a couple of times to get him up and tell him I couldn't find my food dish).

I'm sorry my Dad caused this problem for you and your Mom. Maybe you need to cuddle up with Stephanie and ask her to get you a generator.

All the very best, from our beach to yours.

BTW - I had Dad hook on one of my latest photos for you. Sometimes you have to put these people in their place. Occasionally they get real uppity.

Samwise

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey hey hey JB!!

I think some of that storm split off and came north. We had a huge ice storm yesterday up here. We had no power for awhile.

Steph: thnx for the PM hunny - was worried a bit - and now you can spend some time w/your parents. Sierra is turning into a most excellent and sophisticated traveler!