Merry Christmas...from Percy and me! :)

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Percy is one of my two indoor/outdoor kitties and he is the most loving cat I have ever owned.  Today he wanted in and he came straight to my lap.  Hubby snapped this picture and I just thought it said, "Merry Christmas..."

...and Percy was the 6 week old baby that the shelter was going to PTS this summer because he "wasn't friendly enough..."

LOL...I just noticed that you can see my dog's head and nose to the bottom right of the chair looking at me like, "mom!  Why are you holding him...not me?"  ;)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww! That sure does scream "Merry Christmas!"

He looks so content, and squishably soft!  My Abby looks a great deal like him and she is just as snuggly!  Though she wasn't always. She used to hate being held when she was a kitten and if she did let me hold her it was on her terms. I had to be sitting in a chair, and she had to be the one to initiate the snuggle. And when she did let me hold her it was only for a few minutes at most; often less.

Now she is 13 years old and she can't get enough snuggles! 

Is there anyway to squeeze your pup into the chair with you both so you can get a picture? Or would Percy not like that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Percy doesn't care much for the dog.  ;)  I don't want to make him too friendly toward dog since he spends a lot of his daytime hours outside (they have a flap in the garage and they come and go as they please - so food, fresh water, cat beds, toys, and litter box are available to them at all times through the day...then I lock the flap to keep them in and other animals OUT at night).  I definitely want him to react to dogs accordingly because not all doggies will be as loving as my cocker toward a cat...especially out here in farm country.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A 6-week old kitten is not friendly enough?? That reminds me of an incident several years ago when a woman took a litter of kittens to the local shelter. She left, but then she started thinking about what she had done and she went back to get the kittens the next morning. Every single kitten was put down because of "behavorial issues". The woman was appalled and started crying. She kept asking them how a kitten has behavorial issues! They wouldn't answer. It created a local furor and the newspaper even did an article about it.

Percy is gorgeous! And look how comfy he is in your lap! Bless his heart! Merry Christmas to you both!