Merlin's hurt...

dancemuse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A week after we adopted Ziv, we took him to the SPCA vet clinic to get his weepy eye checked out. On the way to the clinic (about 30 minutes driving), he really worked himself into a tizzy in the carrier, to the point where he scratched himself pretty badly on the nose and split one of his nails. As soon as we took him out of the carrier, the vet asked very sternly, "Who is fighting with this cat?!" At the time, Ziv was our only cat, and we never let him outside--we knew that we had done nothing wrong, but we still felt put on the spot!

Anyway, it seems to me that it really is a sort of procedural thing to pointedly ask if the human could be responsible for the cat's injury. While the idea of "torturing" our cats makes all of us here sick to our stomachs, I have to say that I'm glad vets are on the lookout for potentially abusive situations.

But most importantly, I'm glad that you got Merlin to the vet and that he's taking his meds easily. Best wishes to you both!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
G

ghostuser

MillyandDaisy, I had brought home a cat that had been exposed to ringworm two weeks ago, and I do daily checks of each cat to make sure they're not showing signs of it. Ear and face, and then I run my hands over their fur, and dig in, and check for any lumps or scabs. It wasn't there that morning. But I do agree it could have been a small injury that he picked at until it became huge. Andit's probably not ringworm. The vet said that he had never seen a cat react to having ringworm by rubbing it raw. But, I am checking on it a few times a day, and I'm still checking the rest of his body for ringworm spots.