Meowing all night long, or trying to chase my resident cats around at night

therapy cat mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's about Keaton again - last night I actually caught him and kept him in the room with me so my other cats could have some peace.  He sleeps under the couch all day, and is up from 8:00 PM till dawn, when we want to settle down.  he meows loudly all night long, and if I don't close him in a room, he chases my other cats around all night.  Last night I put him on the bed with me and he actually trusted me enough to fall asleep for a half hour.  In the morning, when I let him out with the others, after he is fed, he chases my other cats like prey.  They are fearful to chase their toys, because he runs after them.  I work all day but know he basically sleeps all day.  at night, I play with Da bird to try to knock him out, but he is not sleepy at all.  I never had this problem with my other cats - they slept with me from the start.  The Rescue agency that I adopted him from will only say he was "on a farm" in south Carolina in a cat room.  He seems extremely nervous and feral.  I see my vet this weekend, but would appreciate any advice anyone could offer.  I am dead tired!  What about clicker training for the chasing?

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
have you tried the feliway oil burners? Maybe it would be calming for him?