Meow Mix Market Select...how good/bad is it?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Naturestee

I was just at the grocery store, so I looked at the Meow Mix pouches. I noticed the fish flavors had vegetable oil added. I thought this was bad? I know you're not supposed to give tuna packed in oil to cats because it deprives them of Vitamin E.
Human tuna in oil is a NO NO //// all pet food tunas are corrected for that ... veggie oil is just non descript and most prefer to know what where and who

G

ghostuser

The only big concern I would have with this food is the inclusion of Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source Of Vitamin K Activity), which more and more pet food manufacturers are removing from their products as health consequences of this synthetic vitamin become clear. For more information, I encourage you to visit www.dogfoodproject.com. The information applies equally to cats and dogs. Personally, I won't feed a food with menadione in it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bastet

The only big concern I would have with this food is the inclusion of Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source Of Vitamin K Activity), which more and more pet food manufacturers are removing from their products as health consequences of this synthetic vitamin become clear. For more information, I encourage you to visit www.dogfoodproject.com. The information applies equally to cats and dogs. Personally, I won't feed a food with menadione in it.
I have read it and personally as long as it is not high in the ingrediant list I dont mind it ... I do not use foods with in high up in the ingrediants but then I have discussed this at length with my vet who also okayed it use( she actually studied and has a degree in animal nutrition)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missinthesouth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello my Name is Adrianne, and I am a MM inabler.

Hi my name is Carl and I am a Meow Mix Addict.

Oh, I tried to get him to eat the non-fish flavors as they have tons of fish, but Carl would have none. He will eat the fish and the beef, but nothing else! He loves his Nutra dry though, which is great b/c I have wasted enough $$ trying foods on him. Thankfully we seem to have reached a comprimise!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Adrianne, I am going to try to break LuckyGirl of her Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys obession next week by switching her to the Nutro Max wet. I have already started switching their dry to the Nutro kitten, but the wet will be more challanging. She is a total Elegant Medley's addict. She goes around batting her eyelashes at Daddy in the middle of the afternoon, and crying begging for food. And my husband calls me at work & says "babe she's staaaaarving, can't I give her 1/2 can????"
Men, they fall for those "doe eyes" everytime!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MissintheSouth

Hello my Name is Adrianne, and I am a MM inabler.

Hi my name is Carl and I am a Meow Mix Addict.

Oh, I tried to get him to eat the non-fish flavors as they have tons of fish, but Carl would have none. He will eat the fish and the beef, but nothing else! He loves his Nutra dry though, which is great b/c I have wasted enough $$ trying foods on him. Thankfully we seem to have reached a comprimise!
well, they all have fish as the main ingredient, anyway - even the non-fish flavors. so it really doesn't make any difference!

freedom fighter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't see Taurine in the ingredients and from what I understand Taurine is vital for cats.. I'm surprised it's not listed, I thought all mfgs now put Taurine in their cat food...