Meow Meow Meowing

JadeMariaa34

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oliver is my charcoal grey cat. He was born November 9, 2017 (3 months and 2 days old). He likes my house already and will sleep on me or beside me. He even woke me up by licking and messing with me. :3

Anyway, he started to meow for something. I gave him food and water and attention, but he keeps meowing and meowing. What should I do when he does excessive talking?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Does he stop anytime? For example when he lies down?

I mean the first question is if he is in pain OR just talkativr.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JadeMariaa34

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does he stop anytime? For example when he lies down?

I mean the first question is if he is in pain OR just talkativr.
He stops, and I don't think he's in pain even though he came from the vet not too long ago.

flamesabers

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is there a pattern as to when he meows at you? Do these meows sound different from when he wants food or attention? If so, he might just be a talkative kitty.

Is he the only cat you have? Did he have other kittens to play with before you brought him home?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JadeMariaa34

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is there a pattern as to when he meows at you? Do these meows sound different from when he wants food or attention? If so, he might just be a talkative kitty.

Is he the only cat you have? Did he have other kittens to play with before you brought him home?
I just learned he's a very talkative kitty and that he just wants attention, so he meows and gets in the way. Also, I do have another cat. He's 6 now.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
From his long face it might be that he has a little Siamese in him. Sometimes they don’t look Siamese but inherit their talkativeness. In any case after a while you get used to a cat that meows all the time and actually learn to love it.