Men! Why do they do the things they do?

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
You guys are so funny!
Mark is pretty terrible when he is looking for something. He'll say, where are my work trousers? All frantic like maybe the have left the flat and he's going to have nothing to wear to work, so without even saying a word, I walk to the wardrobe and pull them out. He says 'oh I totally couldn't see them!'. If he loses another item of clothing I just make him get out the way so I can find it because he will pull everything out of a drawer to find it.
He can never find anything, or he can, but he just asks me because it hasn't leapt out at him. He has a man look for things. And of course, I have a mental log of where everything we own is. It's what I spend my weekends doing, memorising everythings position

I did washing last night which is still in the machine because I slept in this morning, who thinks it's still going to be there tonight?

I shouldn't moan, he does everything else for me just none of the cleaning, washing, general domestic stuff.
If he were to post he would say 'She can't cook for toffee! so can't say a word about me!'

ashleyjade

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hahah, i guess I just got lucky. I leave for school at 4am, until 230pm, then head to work at 330pm - 630/7pm, then go home, check my email, and PASS OUT. Im playing hookie today, cause it's 416am, and i wanted to check the forums. But anyway, I come home, and dinner is made, my 2 year old is bathed, my cats are fed, my liter boxes are clean (most of the time, he hates doing this though, so i dont fault him if it's not done), and my house looks phenominal! Guess i just got lucky. He doesn't usually need reminded about anything, and if he does, it's ok with me, because he does so much. I kinda feel bad for him though, because I know it's a lot of work to ask him to do. It'll only last another year (maybe 2, depending on the advanced training i get from which car manufacturer), so he's just holding down the fort till im done with my education.

-Jade

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Originally Posted by AshleyJade

Hahah, i guess I just got lucky. I leave for school at 4am, until 230pm, then head to work at 330pm - 630/7pm, then go home, check my email, and PASS OUT. Im playing hookie today, cause it's 416am, and i wanted to check the forums. But anyway, I come home, and dinner is made, my 2 year old is bathed, my cats are fed, my liter boxes are clean (most of the time, he hates doing this though, so i dont fault him if it's not done), and my house looks phenominal! Guess i just got lucky. He doesn't usually need reminded about anything, and if he does, it's ok with me, because he does so much. I kinda feel bad for him though, because I know it's a lot of work to ask him to do. It'll only last another year (maybe 2, depending on the advanced training i get from which car manufacturer), so he's just holding down the fort till im done with my education.

-Jade
You are lucky, but if I was working as hard as you I would expect help like that too. He knows you would do the same for him. I do so much for Mark because he is almost finished his degree and has so much work on, cleaning is the last thing on his list. However if he see's the litter tray needs changing he will undoubtedly do it, I know it will be done when I go home because I mentioned this morning it was getting a bit smelly. We both equally hate to think of them walking around in that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never ask if I look fat in an outfit - I already know - plus the hubby refuses to go shopping with me for clothes!

Don't get me wrong, for the most part John is amazing. He cooks and cleans it is just the stupid questions he knows the answer to already. What does he expect me to say?

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Charmed654321

Why do men do the things they do, you ask?

It all has to do with chromosomes.

Women have two X chromosomes. Men have the X and Y.

So they do the things they do.

And we can only just sit back and say, "Y"?
My fiance has a different say on this matter. In genetics you find that the more X's you have (XXY, XXXY, XXXXY, etc) the more mental disability you have. So he says that men are the smarter of the 2 because they have less X's
riiiiight

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

And this thread is cracking me up - mainly because it would be Max joining in to complain about me! He does the most work around the house (although I cook) but he does more cleaning and washing than I do. WAY more....it annoys him but he loves me anyway...
Thats one thing I looove about my fiance. He does the wash, folding, and putting away of all clothes. And frankly he's a lot better at it than me
. I'm a *good enough* type person, hes a bit more meticulous than me. The way he folds...is so perfect! I can't even compare. So I let him do it!! No complaining with the way I do things if he is doing it himself. In return I keep the living room and bottom bathroom clean, and he dosen't really touch either of those.