Men and neutering!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some good points here, thanks for all the responses. John, by the way, is from Birmingham in the UK. I guess it will not calm down till I get all the cats on the hill neutered! Three more males that I know of, and I am not sure how many females. And there are some of this year's kittens whose sex I don't know yet. One point though that hadn't occurred tome - does getting them all done mean that more male cats might move in? We are a bit isolated up here, but there are plenty more cats at the bottom!

And Howard, thanks, Napoleon and Wellington are fine - playing with each other and sometimes with Persil. I have no homes lined up though - I am just resisting putting them in my siggy till I can accept totally that I will keep them!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Keep this up Jenny and you are going to wish you added more rooms to your remodeling !

Originally Posted by jennyranson

Some good points here, thanks for all the responses. John, by the way, is from Birmingham in the UK. I guess it will not calm down till I get all the cats on the hill neutered! Three more males that I know of, and I am not sure how many females. And there are some of this year's kittens whose sex I don't know yet. One point though that hadn't occurred tome - does getting them all done mean that more male cats might move in? We are a bit isolated up here, but there are plenty more cats at the bottom!

And Howard, thanks, Napoleon and Wellington are fine - playing with each other and sometimes with Persil. I have no homes lined up though - I am just resisting putting them in my siggy till I can accept totally that I will keep them!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't remodelled here - that is happening in France. I am still renting a 4 bed house in Sarajevo! But it confirms my desire to live alone, as far as humans are concerned anyway.

absolutchaos

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

"their own bits." I never heard that before.
Since we are here in Hawaii my boyfriend refers to the whole operation as the boys having their "coconuts picked."

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I think some men empathize too closely to the procedure. The guy who invented "Neuticles" did it because he thought his dog missed his "little coconuts" (I like that phrase, AbsolutChaos). I don't think the dog really knew any different but it really did bother the owner.

BTW if you don't know what they are, here's their site.

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I think some men empathize too closely to the procedure. The guy who invented "Neuticles" did it because he thought his dog missed his "little coconuts" (I like that phrase, AbsolutChaos). I don't think the dog really knew any different but it really did bother the owner.

BTW if you don't know what they are, here's their site.
Okay, the whole concept of Neuticles is a tad bizarre—and I would be very surprised if even 5% of their customer base were female—but what really weirded me out is that there are three different models with different levels of firmness.

Who out there is going around feeling their dog's testicles? WHO???

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

"their own bits." I never heard that before.
lol...yeah..we called all the horse boy parts "bits" infront of kids..lol so it applies to all critters now.

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just asked john if he had a problem with this.....

He says....
"After they are neutered they are more social, happier, less aggresive, not making tons of kittins....oh and yeah our house doesnt smell like pee...yeah I have a real problem with it
"

....I'm so lucky

kathylou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw Jeez. I just have my cats neutered because they are happier that way and they live longer, because they don't want to go outside where they would get killed.

If a man had testicular cancer I would still call him a man.

What bothers me is people that call cats "it" after the operation.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kathylou

What bothers me is people that call cats "it" after the operation.
What I've noticed among my husband's family is that dogs tend to be called "he" and cats "she" regardless of gender.

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BigKittenDaddy

Do you women ever feel odd about spaying female pets? Just wondering.
I never felt odd about doing it. I knew she needed it done. I was a little worried about her bahavior afterwards but nothing before hand.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am older now, of course, but when I was young I sort of envied cats who were spayed - no hormonal ups and downs, no being bothered by the 'wrong sort' of male, no pregnancies. But I had a couple of girl friends who had their tubes tied in their late twenties or early thirties because they decided they did not want children, ever, and to hear people speak, it was if they had actually murdered the children they were never going to have!