Members Gallery - Next Update!

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey guys

I know I'm not around much these days, but I still do peek in and browse, and I noticed some talk about the Members Gallery.

I wrote Anne today and asked if it was okay if I gather up the next installment of pictures and send them along to her. Since she's been busy and the last bunch hasn't made it in yet, I'm going to submit all of the new ones, along with the ones from that batch all at once for her.

So...
If you want your picture in our Members Gallery, you have a couple options.

1 - You can post your picture in the Pictures, Pictures thread. I go through there and heist new pictures.

2 - You can email me at [email protected] with your photo. (Please include your TCS username so I can label your picture properly.)

Also, when I have more time, I will post the list of pictures from the last batch so you know if your picture is going in already. (There are quite a few.
)

Oh, and if you have more than one picture posted, please let me know which one it is that you want in the gallery. (For new members and those who want their members gallery picture updated.)

Any other questions, just let me know!

(And this time we'll have to keep on Anne's case to upload for me.
)

Update: Cutoff date to send in pictures will be April 30, 2004.

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long do we have to send you a pic for this new update? Close up images wont work right?

Oh and I have an idea for the gallery you can pass on to Anne if you think it's a good one. I'm sure it's already been thought of, but have a way to link to the profiles by clicking the pic or name above it. Some people have websites so members can get to know their cats or them more and also it's faster than doing a member search.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Cougar
Ill try to get one of me in the next few days.

Peace,
Brandon
Woohoo!

Originally posted by Gothic_Amethyst
How long do we have to send you a pic for this new update? Close up images wont work right?
I haven't yet figured out when the cutoff date will be... I figured I'd give everyone at least a couple weeks. It's going to take me at least that long to get through the Pictures, Pictures thread from where I left off. (One of the unfortunate things about having a job again - less time here.
)

And close up images will work, but they need to be square, and at least 110x110 pixels. If they're too close and not the right dimensions, then I can't crop them properly and they're off center, and the quality is usually poor.

Originally posted by Gothic_Amethyst
Oh and I have an idea for the gallery you can pass on to Anne if you think it's a good one. I'm sure it's already been thought of, but have a way to link to the profiles by clicking the pic or name above it. Some people have websites so members can get to know their cats or them more and also it's faster than doing a member search.
I don't think it's a bad idea at all. It would definitely be something Anne would have to look in to though, because as it is, once I do the cropping of pictures and putting together of the gallery page, I email everything to Anne to upload to the server. I don't have any access to maniuplate how the site works, and it might be a lot to ask to have it revamped, knowing how busy Anne is. But you never know, it couldn't hurt to bend Anne's ear about it.

If there's anything else I can answer, just let me know.

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, as promised, these are the people that I have pictures from, from the last batch. (I'm still accepting updates if anyone wants any replaced.)

aiko
annabelle33
auroraviva
bentaminal (from the current batch - heiested from Pictures, Pictures)
big_kat
blondiecat
blue
caprice (from the current batch)
ccdogmuffin (from the current batch - heiested from Pictures, Pictures)
creepyowl
chixyb (from the current batch)
dawnofsierra (from the current batch)
deb25
fastdak (from the current batch - heiested from Pictures, Pictures)
georgiagirl8 (from the current batch - heiested from Pictures, Pictures)
Gothic_Amethyst (from the current batch)
HouseofCats (from the current batch)
hydroaxe
jeeperscat (from the current batch)
jellybelly
kev
kitkatz (from the current batch - heiested from Pictures, Pictures)
kittenkrazy
lisalee (from the current batch)
lmj1954
loubelia
lynx (from the current batch - heiested from Pictures, Pictures)
maggie :0) (from the current batch - heiested from Pictures, Pictures)
matty&suma
meowzer-x- (from the current batch - heiested from Pictures, Pictures)
oava (from the current batch)
puffy_n_stitch
pumpkicoki (from the current batch - heiested from Pictures, Pictures)
rakka (from the current batch - heiested from Pictures, Pictures)
rapunzel47 (from the current batch)
rfox
rylee's mom (from the current batch - heiested from Pictures, Pictures)
Sammie5 (from the current batch)
scott77777 (from the current batch - heiested from Pictures, Pictures)
shadowfein (from the current batch - heiested from Pictures, Pictures)
shell (from the current batch)
sid_the_cat_man
skykitty
thh20
tonim68
yayi
Yoursleeka (from the current batch - heiested from Pictures, Pictures)

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah, its going to be interesting hearing what other thought I would look like.

Later,
Brandon

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wait until i've got a good hair day etc..then i'll post one

BRANDON: Fair hair(shaved?), quite fit(as i've seen your into weights like me?!).And you drive a Renault/Golf?

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jgaruba:

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I've been really busy.

A couple of weeks....good. Hopefully I'll have a good one by then. That old one is from august...about time I change it!

Ok I'll try to send some pics that fit that criteria, and then you decide which one's best to use.

I'm glad you liked my idea! It shouldnt be too hard to make links out of the words or the names, but it will take time and I know Anne's busy!

No more questions for now! You do a great job on these pics! Keep up the good work!

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by rosiemac
OMG is there a cut off date?. When?, because i'll have to go scratting around for a pic or find someone with a digi camera
It'll be in a few weeks, don't worry. I still haven't gotten through the Pictures, Pictures thread... I'm hoping to get a good chunk done this coming Sunday, but you'll still have a couple weeks.

And thanks Amber.

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by rosiemac
Wait until i've got a good hair day etc..then i'll post one

BRANDON: Fair hair(shaved?), quite fit(as i've seen your into weights like me?!).And you drive a Renault/Golf?
Yep this is going to be interesting
But yes I think Im in shape... ill spoil that little bit for you
Oh and I drive a Ford Probe GT, although I love the Renault Clio.
Im going to start a thread to see what people think before I reveal it. Anyway, I still have to take the pic, or rather have someone take it for me. Its hard to get a pic of yourself

Peace,
Brandon

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just wondering about that...I wrote an email to Anne about 2 months ago or so because I never heard from anyone about the member's gallery and I sent my pic way back in October. But, still no response...thanks for the update and NOW I know my pic was sent!

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh caprice, I'm sorry you thought it wasn't sent. I guess the timing was bad with the last update because of Anne going into labor a few days earlier. No worries though, your picture will be sent with the rest of them for the upcoming update.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ah that's ok...I knew that when the last time we had an update was when Anne was about to go into labor with her little one...no biggie, I just wanted to make sure someone had it. I took a really cute picture tonight at my friends birthday party...I'll send it to you soon...hopefully by the end of the week of next week when we all get back from Vegas. There are about 9 of us going!

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just in case anyone sends me mail this week or posts about the Members Gallery... my pc finally died, so I won't be online at all until my new one arrives. I just ordered the parts tonight, so hopefully by next weekend I'll have all of them and it'll be all loaded and ready.

I just didn't want anyone to think their pictures weren't being received or worked on. I'll let you know when I'm up and running again in case anyone did send me anything that didn't pull down from my email server.

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My new machine is somewhat functional, so I thought I'd BUMP this.
(When I have more time I'll update the list of who I received pictures from while my last pc was dead.)

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey caprice

I'm still having some... issues... with my new machine, but I haven't seen any email from you either on the new machine or on the server where my mail was being forwarded for the week. Would you mind resending it please? I'm sorry I missed it. Until my new machine is 100%, I can't be sure about where all my mail is going. *sigh*