Member under the Spotlight Jun 28 - Jul 05!...Misty8723!!!! =)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nice answers my friend!...
thanks a lot my friend for your patience...

Originally Posted by Misty8723

3.- Wich one is your favourite singer Male?
My all time favorite is Harry Chapin.
You going to forgive me my friend, but I don´t knew about harry chapin before you mentionate...

http://harrychapinmusic.com/chapin_s...pinhp_frm.html
Have you seen this before?..

I think his style seems like jhony cash...

How is your mother my friend?..
I see your worried....

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi!

OK let's see....

What's your real name? Is it Misty?

You mentioned it's been busy with people on vacation... what kind of work do you do?

Congrats on 29 years! Do you have any children?

You miss living near your family... is that siblings, or parents, or both? Do you live near hubby's family?

And one of your best friends is your sister - does she live close enough to see her a lot?

I LOVE the movie The Pricess Bride!
Being that you love Meryl Streep - have you seen the movie Defending Your Life? That one is also tops on my list of favorites.

Do you wear much jewelry? What's your favorite piece?

What's the oldest thing you own?

Do you know much about your family history? If so, when did they come to the States?

Were you born in CA?

What's your dream vacation?

What's your happiest memory?

And it seems like things have been kind of rough lately, so I'm sending lots of vibes that things pick up for you!

Laurie

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Laurie.
I was just about to head upstairs when I saw your questions and couldn't resist answering

What's your real name? Is it Misty?

My name is Linda. Misty is my ex-neighbor's cat who we became great friends with when they lived here. Misty visited us almost daily and sometimes (often) she would spend the night with us. Her parents were fine with this arrangement. We came to love her so much, it was kind of devasting when they moved. But, the happy ending is that we started looking for our own kitties and came home from the shelter with Swanie and Cindy. Using the ID Misty is my little tribute to her, and hopefully she's having a happy life in her new home.

You mentioned it's been busy with people on vacation... what kind of work do you do?

I'm an administrative assistant for an environmental company. I'm the admin for 3 different groups, so it can get hectic. I would rather be busy, though, because I kinda freak out when there is no work with the way the economy is lately.

Congrats on 29 years! Do you have any children?

No, we were never blessed with children. But now I have my fur babies

You miss living near your family... is that siblings, or parents, or both? Do you live near hubby's family?

Family for me is my parents and my sister. Hubby's parents are deceased. He has a sister (and her family), but we don't live near them either. Which is okay with me, because we aren't close due to some incidents that have happened over the years.

And one of your best friends is your sister - does she live close enough to see her a lot?

No, she doesn't, but we're always on Yahoo Messenger or texting. I'm going up to visit next week.

I LOVE the movie The Pricess Bride! Being that you love Meryl Streep - have you seen the movie Defending Your Life? That one is also tops on my list of favorites.

I haven't seen that movie yet, but it's on my list of ones to see "someday." Since I had today off and got most of my "chores" done, I might go over to Blockbuster tomorrow to see if they have it. We finally had a chance to see Doubt a couple weeks ago and it was awesome.

Do you wear much jewelry? What's your favorite piece?

I wear earrings and my wedding ring, and that's about it. I like jewelry, but for some reason I just don't wear it very much anymore.

What's the oldest thing you own?

The oldest thing I own is a planter that was given to my mother-in-law on the day that my hubby was born. It's not the same plant, of course. When she passed, that was the one thing I asked for that was hers. It meant a lot to her, and it means a lot to me, too.

Do you know much about your family history? If so, when did they come to the States?

I know a ton about my family history (it's one of my hobbies). One of my maternal lines goes back to the Acadians who came from France to Nova Scotia, and then expelled by the British. Some of them ended up in Louisiana and became the modern day Cajuns. My 6th great grandfather arrived in Louisiana around 1765 (he is famous), but sadly died of the plague shortly after arriving.

Another maternal line, my 2nd great-grandfather came to this country from France before or around 1851 (Kentucky, but later migrated to Louisiana).

On the paternal side, a 2nd great grandfather came from the Kingdom of Hanover, Germany to Pennsylvania about 1863. The other paternal line is connected to the "Ipswich Emersrons" and I think the first of my ancestors was in this country before 1657 (Ipswich, MA).
'

Were you born in CA?

No, I was born in PA

What's your dream vacation?

Oh gosh, I can think of so many things I'd love to do. I think if I had the time and the money, it would be so much fun to drive across the country, just stopping wherever I felt like stopping, not necessarily the touristy things, just the everyday people and places.

What's your happiest memory?

I think my happiest memory is when I was a kid, one year our TV broke and we couldn't afford to have it fixed for a long time. My mother, sister, and I spent a lot of the the time that we would have been watching TV sitting at the kitchen table playing games, drawing our own cartoons, and just laughing and having fun.

And it seems like things have been kind of rough lately, so I'm sending lots of vibes that things pick up for you!

Thank you, Laurie, I appreciate it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks you for answering my questions my friend,
...The main topic of today would be Cats and also other stuffs...

1.- How many cats have you ever had in your enterely life?

2.- could you tell us the name of the list above?

3.- Do you have any preference about of Breeds of cats?

4.- Do you dream with cats when you sleeps?

5.- Have you ever to give catnip at your kittys to play?

6.- Wich brand do you prefer to give at your kitty in Wet and Dry food to eat?

7.- Would you like to work like a volunteer on a Cat shelter?

another stuffs...

8.- Wich one is your favourite colour to wear?
9.- Do you have some earrings with shape of cat?
10.- do you have some blouse with stamps of cats?
11.- do you collect or you have handcraft of kittys?
12.- how many purses do you have?

.....I hope not boring you with my questions my friend...
..Cheers chick!...

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Linda, that's so cool you know so much about your family!
And it's so interesting!

I haven't seen Doubt - but we're not huge Meryl Streep fans, we're Albert Brooks fans.

But on the Meryl Streep vein.... have you seen Death Becomes her? Because if you also enjoy Goldie Hawn, if you ever need some smiles and laughs, that is a GREAT movie to watch!

You know, our TV never broke, but when I was really young before my brother and sister took off for college (they're 6 and 7 years older than I am), we used to play board games. One of the "games within the board game" was to make someone laugh while drinking so it came out their nose.
(We almost always got my sister
).

OK. So to the questions....

Are you older or younger than your sister?

Did you grow up in PA? Where? If not, where did you (grow up)?

Onion Rings or French Fries? What do you like on your burgers? (pickles, lettuce, tomato, etc)?

McDonald's, Burger King or Wendy's? (or something local - I forget some of the CA chains, but some of them were quite excellent!)

If you were going on a picnic, would you rather do the forest or the beach?

Do you believe in ghosts?

Think there's life other than on Earth out there somewhere in the universe? Intelligent life?

Ever been sailing, skiing, or ice skating? Enjoy any of them?

What are three words you'd use to describe yourself?

Long hair or short hair?

Do you go out without makeup? Regularly or rarely?

How do you like to celebrate New Year's?

Thanks!

Laurie

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1.- How many cats have you ever had in your enterely life?

I haven't have too many cats. We had two when I was a kid and one of them had kitten (I don't remember which one), and we had the kittens for awhile. Mostly, I've had dogs. I wasn't so much a cat person as I am now. Not that I didn't like cats, I just preferred dogs, but now I'm a bonafied crazy cat lady

2.- could you tell us the name of the list above?

Rosey and Posey, but I don't know about the kittens.

3.- Do you have any preference about of Breeds of cats?

No preference, I like them all. I would rather get my pets from a shelter anyway than from a breeder.

4.- Do you dream with cats when you sleeps?

Do I dream about cats? I have. I also think they give me dreams sometimes. One time I was sleeping late on a weekend and I had this silly dream that hubby came up the stairs with a big can of cat food in his hand and asked me "how do you open this thing?" I woke up right then, and there was Cindy sitting by the side of the bed staring right at me. I figured she must be hungry and I missed her breakfast time.

5.- Have you ever to give catnip at your kittys to play?

Yep, I provide catnip for my cats. Cindy really isn't interested, but Swanie will sniff it, roll around for a while with whatever toy the catnip is on, and then sleep it off. He doesn't get silly like most cats I've seen with catnip.

6.- Wich brand do you prefer to give at your kitty in Wet and Dry food to eat?

I prefer to give them wet food, but I also do put a little dry food down at night for them to nibble on. I learned to do that because Cindy is a grazer and only eats a little bit at a time. At first when I didn't give them the dry food, she was waking me up several times in the night to get fed.

7.- Would you like to work like a volunteer on a Cat shelter?

I would definitely volunteer at a cat shelter. In fact, if the shelter where we got out babies was closer phyically to us, I would volunteer there. Before I got my cats I was seriously considering being a foster for cats - but DH pointed out that if I got a cat in here, I would only let of him when someone pried him out of my cold, dead hands, so we decided to adopt instead.

another stuffs...

8.- Wich one is your favourite colour to wear?

I like to wear pastels mostly, light blue or pink.

9.- Do you have some earrings with shape of cat?

I'm pretty sure I do, somewhere.

10.- do you have some blouse with stamps of cats?

Yes, I have a black and white striped shirt with cats on the front that I got as a gift. I also have a sweatshirt with cats and a t shirt with a kitten and a puppy.

11.- do you collect or you have handcraft of kittys?

I don't collect them, but I have a bunch around we've gotten as gifts over the years.

12.- how many purses do you have?

I have about a dozen purses. I'm kind of like with purses the way some women are with shoes - you can never have too many

.....I hope not boring you with my questions my friend.....Cheers chick!...

You are definitely not boring me, CoolCat, I'm enjoying answering the questions

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laurie, genealogy is addicting, I've been working on it for many many years. Unfortunately, I still haven't found the information I originally started looking for - information on my grandmother's father.

Yes, I've seen Death Becomes Her, and I loved it. I do like Goldie Hawn a lot as well, it was a very funny, well-done movie.

That sounds like a fun side-game to your board games.
We were never that creative, but we definitely always laughed a lot.

OK. So to the questions....

Are you older or younger than your sister?

I'm 8 years older.

Did you grow up in PA? Where? If not, where did you (grow up)?

Yes, I grew up in Western PA. and that's still "home."

Onion Rings or French Fries? What do you like on your burgers? (pickles, lettuce, tomato, etc)?

Definitely french fries. I'm addicted. On my burgers - salt (I'm very weird).

McDonald's, Burger King or Wendy's? (or something local - I forget some of the CA chains, but some of them were quite excellent!)

Wendy's. They know me at the local Wendy's and what I'm going to order. The manager goes out of his way to greet me when he sees me, and the last time I was in there he gave me a discount.

If you were going on a picnic, would you rather do the forest or the beach?

Oh gosh, I like both places. I guess I'll say beach because if I was in a forest, I'd much rather be exploring than eating.

Do you believe in ghosts?

Definitely. I think I may have even "met" one once.

Think there's life other than on Earth out there somewhere in the universe? Intelligent life?

Absolutely. It would be pretty arrogant to think that in the entire universe, we were the only intelligent life.

Ever been sailing, skiing, or ice skating? Enjoy any of them?

I've been ice skating, and I loved it. The last time I went ice skating was probably about 4 years ago.

What are three words you'd use to describe yourself?

Open-minded, empathetic, casual

Long hair or short hair?

Short hair.

Do you go out without makeup? Regularly or rarely?

Occasionally. I wear makeup to work, but not so much on weekends, expect maybe I'll put on some foundation when I'm going out.

How do you like to celebrate New Year's?

Well, last year I celebrated by going to sleep

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Nice answers my friend!...
thanks a lot my friend for your patience...

You going to forgive me my friend, but I don´t knew about harry chapin before you mentionate...

http://harrychapinmusic.com/chapin_s...pinhp_frm.html
Have you seen this before?..

I think his style seems like jhony cash...

How is your mother my friend?..
I see your worried....
CoolCat, I'm not surprised you hadn't heard of Harry Chapin, but thank you for taking the time to look him up.
I never thought of him as having the same style as Johnny Cash (but I love Johnny Cash too), but I guess there are some similarities.

Thanks for asking about my mother.
The doctors think they might know (finally) what is wrong with her (gastroparesis - a complication from diabetes where you're stomach is delayed in emptying), but they're still doing tests, and she's totally miserable, having a hard time eating. Hopefully, we can figure out something that will help and make her feel better. She's 79 years old yesterday.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy belated birthday to your mom! And lots of they get this figured out. Dad has type I diabetes since he was nine, and he turned 78 in October. All kinds of complications - but not that one.

My maternal grandmother's side of the family is from up near Erie, though she grew up just outside of Allentown. When I was growing up with my family (Chicago northern burbs), my paternal grandparents lived in the burbs of Harrisburg. We'd spend two weeks at each, and it wasn't such a long drive between them, so I think of PA as part of my "growing up" home.

Anything you really HATE?

Anyone you really hate?

Pet peeves?

Five things that make you smile?

Do you sew or knit or anything along those lines?

Do you like going to yard sales or rummage sales?

Collect anything (sorry if that one's been asked before, I don't remember
)?

Ever seen a rainbow? Shooting star? Tornado (in real life)?

Do you drink wine?

Enjoy local fairs?

Ever been on a farm?

Ever milked a cow or goat?

Apartment, condo or house? Have a garden?

Going to fireworks - or letting any off - tonight?

Happy Fourth!

Laurie

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. Pretty much everyone in my family (myself included) are type 2 diabetics. Lots of complications with that too, but this is a new one. And it's been going on for at least a year with doctors trying to treat the symptoms and not try to figure out the cause.

Erie is where I grew up, I know it well. I don't know anything about Allentown or Harrisburg, unfortunately. I was talking with someone recently who didn't even know there was a city called Erie in PA!

Anything you really HATE?

I hate cruelty, especially toward children or animals.

Anyone you really hate?

Well, there are some people I strongly dislike.

Pet peeves?

One of my biggest pet peeves is people who are habitually late. Since I'm the type of person who will get there early, it's doubly annoying.

Five things that make you smile?

Swanie, Cindy, listening to good music, watching the wildlife out my back window, getting a letter from an old friend

Do you sew or knit or anything along those lines?

I knit, crochet, and do counted cross stitch. It's not easy with Swanie around. The last time I tried to do any crocheting, every time I picked up the yarn and hook, I had a large tuxedo cat on my lap. And when he's on my lap, I can't do anything else (the boy is huge!) I wouldn't give that up for anything, though.

Do you like going to yard sales or rummage sales?

Yes, you can find some great stuff for cheap at both of those.

Collect anything (sorry if that one's been asked before, I don't remember )?

I have collections of thimbles, postcards, hotel stationery, and coins, but I'm not actively collecting anything right now. I also have some sheep stuff, because once I made a comment that sheep were neat, so it became a good thing to get me for gifts

Ever seen a rainbow? Shooting star? Tornado (in real life)?

I've seen a lot of rainbows. The most spectacular one was a few years ago when we had just gotten back from my mother in law's funeral. DH and I were at Walmart, and we came out of the store to the most incredible, complete rainbow either of us had ever seen. It wasn't even raining! We were/are of the opinion that it was a sign from his mom that she was okay.

I've seen a few shooting stars, but (thankfully) I've never seen a tornado. I hope I never do see a tornado, they freak me out. We went through a hurricane once, and my biggest fear was of it spawning a tornado.

Do you drink wine?

I've had wine, but it's not something I would go out of my way to drink.

Enjoy local fairs?

Yes, and State Fairs too

Ever been on a farm?

Not that I can remember.

Ever milked a cow or goat?

I've milked a cow, at least a little bit. They had one at a fair once you could milk. I haven't milked a goat, but we did have one when I was very young.

Apartment, condo or house? Have a garden?

House. I don't have a garden. We had gardens when I was growing up, everything from flowers to corn, to strawberries. Our last house I had a huge flower garden, but I didn't enjoy it all that much. Maybe if I had more time to spend on it, I might.

Going to fireworks - or letting any off - tonight?

Not going anywhere this year, but I love them. Our neighbors usually shoot some off, so I guess we might go out and watch.

Happy Fourth!

Thanks, same back at ya