Member under the Spotlight Jun 08 - Jun !...LDG!!!! =)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great Answers my friend!

Originally Posted by LDG

Can't imagine my life without music!
Same feelings here...

Hi
how is your day today?...I hope fine!....
let see for now
…The topic will be Movies!

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Movies?
2.- Do you collect DVD´s or VHS??,….How many do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Male?
4.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Female?
5.- Have you ever to participated in some Special Event of your favourite artist?
6.- Have you ever to saw in live to some artist? ( I mean is some restaurant, buying at mall or in some resort?)

7.- Do you like to watch the Oscar Awards?

8.- Have you ever to participated in a role in a Theather representation? ( maybe just for fun or when you was on School?) …

9.- If you could to meet to some artist wich one would be and say us why!...

10.- Would you like to live next at some artist (? ( I mean for example your neighboor would be a TV anchor or else?)…
…

Cheers my friend…

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

...Hi
how is your day today?...I hope fine!....
let see for now
…The topic will be Movies!
1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Movies?
I like so many! Comedy (Dr. Strangelove is my favorite movie), Action, SciFi, limited Horror, War, Documentaries, some Westerns.... If I had to pick just one, I'd have to go with comedy.
Also tend to love those old big productions from the 1950s and 1960s.

2.- Do you collect DVD´s or VHS??,….How many do you have?
We collected VHS before there were DVDs - we had hundreds of them (which meant constantly swapping out "active status" from storage for what we kept in the RV. Now we have FAR too many DVDs to count - but they still take up so much less space than even just the "active" VHS section we'd keep here.
(Gary has OCD, so having something playing in the background helps him concentrate - and I've gotten used to it so it's not too distracting).

3.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Male?
PETER SELLERS!
I also enjoy Robert Duvall, Roy Scheider (RIP), always enjoy Marlon Brando, and too many comedy actors to list!

4.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Female?
Love Faye Dunaway, Dianne Keaton, and recently Cate Blanchett.

5.- Have you ever to participated in some Special Event of your favourite artist?
Nope!

6.- Have you ever to saw in live to some artist? ( I mean is some restaurant, buying at mall or in some resort?)
Yes. Gary and I were in an elevator at a hotel with Jackie Chan, and Gary, of course, started chatting with him. (They were both wearing saddle bag type bags!
). Got to shake his hand - he was very nice.

We also met Dianna Ross and Barry Gordy. They were a bit upset that the restaurant (La Cote Basque in NYC) was holding table 1 for us.
We bought them a much more expensive bottle of wine than they were drinking, so we ended up talking with them for a while. She is still gorgeous!!!!!

I used to pass Paul Shaffer (Dave Letterman's band leader/side kick) on the street in NYC a lot. I hate him, so it was difficult not to give him a kick.

...and Gary hates it when I remind him of this, but he grew up next to and used to date Darryl Hannah.

7.- Do you like to watch the Oscar Awards?
No, I really don't.

8.- Have you ever to participated in a role in a Theather representation? ( maybe just for fun or when you was on School?)
I was forced to take drama class in high school. I'd lightly sprained my ankle one morning. That same day, one of the exercises in drama class was to walk across the stage as if our foot was hurt. I don't remember the exact words, but basically she told me I did a terrible job - and all I did was walk the way I'd been walking WITH a hurt ankle! So no, I never got involved in theater!

9.- If you could to meet to some artist wich one would be and say us why!
I'd be into meeting Jeff Bridges or Carrie Fisher, just because they seem like easy going, interesting people.

10.- Would you like to live next at some artist (? ( I mean for example your neighboor would be a TV anchor or else?)
I haven't met many famous artists, but I've met a fair number of famous people, so I wouldn't find the situation intimidating - and I really don't tend to be "star struck." So it wouldn't bother me - so long as they didn't throw crazy parties! We like our peace and quiet.

Cheers my friend…
Cheers, Rigel!

Laurie

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning Laurie, hope you had an ok night

1 How many tvs do you have?

2 What would you like to be doing 5yrs from now? What do you think you will be doing 5yrs from now?

3. Would you be willing to eat a bowl full of crickets for $40K ?

4. You are given $1 000 000 to donate anonymously to charity or to a stranger. How would you dispose of it?

5. In conversations, do you tend to listen or talk more?

6. If you decided to do something and your friends strongly advised you not to, could you do it anyway?

7. What, if anything, would you change about yourself? (emotionally or physically)

8. When/how did you figure out Gary was your soul mate?

9. Whatcha wearing?
(LMAO, that one always sounds perverted...not meant to be tho)

10. What is your dream vehicle?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

9.- If you could to meet to some artist wich one would be and say us why!
I'd be into meeting Jeff Bridges or Carrie Fisher, just because they seem like easy going, interesting people.
and Robert De niro are my fav actors!

Hi
It´s me again!...
...., how is your day today?...I hope fine!...I can see that someone had done their home work!...
..... let see for now
…Ready for another set?....
...The topic of now is of General stuffs around you life...

1.- Wich one is the most crazy thing that have you ever do it???? ( I mean for example, Jump in parachute, Take a Snake live, Jump in Bungee etc)
2.- Do you have indor plants at home?
3.- If you can travel in time and to meet to some historycal person WHO would be and Tell us why?...

4.- If you have the money power to move to some part of the world ( of course with your kittys) wich place would be and why.....
5.- What is the thing that really anoy you on the persons.......( for example: the hypocresy, the envy etc)

6.- Are you Religious?

7.- Favourite Salad?

8.- favourite pop soda?

9.- Choose one would you prefer to watch Sunrise
or Sunset and tell us why......
10.- Do you have a car? wich type is it?....

Have a nice afternoon my friend!....

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Good morning Laurie, hope you had an ok night
These days, nights are never long enough!

1 How many tvs do you have?
Two. Gave away the old ones that came with the RV, replaced them with larger flat panels a while back. Sold the third one we'd had in the house when we moved back into the RV.

2 What would you like to be doing 5yrs from now? What do you think you will be doing 5yrs from now?
Well, I would LOVE to have won the lottery and be just running the Feline Assistance Network - but since we don't play the lottery, I don't think it'll happen.

3. Would you be willing to eat a bowl full of crickets for $40K ?
I'm food adventuresome, but if they weren't cooked or spiced or coated in something, and it was a big bowl, I couldn't do it!

4. You are given $1 000 000 to donate anonymously to charity or to a stranger. How would you dispose of it?
We'd continue funding the battered women's shelters we've been involved with (including one in Israel), the no-kill cat rescue shelter we founded, research on cluster headaches, juvenile onset schizophrenia, and MS. If we were limited to just one..... I guess I'd achieve that 5-year dream then!

5. In conversations, do you tend to listen or talk more?
You can't tell from the way I post on TCS, but I probably listen more.

6. If you decided to do something and your friends strongly advised you not to, could you do it anyway?
If I decided to do something, they wouldn't have the chance to advise me not to do it!

7. What, if anything, would you change about yourself? (emotionally or physically)
Physically? While I would never consider plastic surgery, I wouldn't mind having been born with a stronger chin and with out the "fat thigh" gene.

Emotionally? I wish I had a better ability to deal with confrontation. I always come up with my thoughts on an uncomfortable situation after it's happened. To that same kind of end, I guess it would just be easier to say I wish I had an ability to sort my feelings out faster. I find I feel so much more comfortable writing than talking, because I have time to think things through. I have very strong empathy, and because it's too easy for me to understand someone else's perspective or points, I tend to short-change myself in the moment.

8. When/how did you figure out Gary was your soul mate?
December 25, 2003. We got married the next day. He knew it when we met in October of 1979 - which is why he looked me up years later. He was my boyfriend in 1979 until I left for college in 1981. I went to a Quaker College and he joined the IDF.
I went a little "right" and he went a little "left," and we met back around in the middle again 12 years later.

9. Whatcha wearing?
(LMAO, that one always sounds perverted...not meant to be tho)

Right now I'm wearing a blue/white pinstripe shirt and Khakis. Peace symbols in my ears, and other than the wedding rings on my right hand, no other jewelry. Nothing on my feet.

10. What is your dream vehicle?[/quote]
A 1994 Rolls Royce Corniche 4-door convertible - but in cream with mahogany interior!

Laurie

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

and Robert De niro are my fav actors!

Hi! It´s me again!...
, how is your day today?...I hope fine!...I can see that someone had done their home work!...
..... let see for now. Ready for another set?...The topic of now is of General stuffs around you life...
I'm having fun doing this! It makes me think.
Keep 'em coming.

1.- Wich one is the most crazy thing that have you ever do it???? ( I mean for example, Jump in parachute, Take a Snake live, Jump in Bungee etc)
I haven't done anything like bungee jump or parachute, but from a "risk" perspective, I think helping to smuggle political refugees from El Salvador into NYC probably counts.

2.- Do you have indor plants at home?
No - the cats try to eat them.

3.- If you can travel in time and to meet to some historycal person WHO would be and Tell us why?...
There are so many! But I'm also going to have to say Jesus.

4.- If you have the money power to move to some part of the world ( of course with your kittys) wich place would be and why.....
In 2003 we were seriously considering moving to Melbourne, Australia. We'd love to live there! Australians (and Kiwis!) are such NICE people and it is also a beautiful country.

5.- What is the thing that really anoy you on the persons.......( for example: the hypocresy, the envy etc)
I am a total Aquarian that way. I absolutely cannot stand hypocrisy - in myself or anyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6.- Are you Religious?
Spiritual, not religious.
I believe religions as institutions are divisive, and I see so much of the same message of unity delivered by most prophets.

7.- Favourite Salad?
Fruit salad with lots of berries! If you mean a lettuce-based type, then a mix of romaine with field greens with carrot, kirby cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and a balsamic-blue cheese dressing.

8.- favourite pop soda?

Izze's Blackberry!

9.- Choose one would you prefer to watch Sunrise or Sunset and tell us why......
I love watching the sun rise or set over water, so if I'm in the Western US, it's sunset, and if I'm in the Eastern US, it's sunrise, but my favorite is the Florida Gulf, sunset. Here in NJ with the hills, it's sunset, because I can't wake up early enough these days to see the sun rise!

10.- Do you have a car? wich type is it?....

Gary and I always had a Saab. Our first was a 1989 Saab 9000 Turbo, 4-door black. We LOVED that car. She finally died after several hundred thousand miles. We replaced her with a used 2001 9-4, also 4-door. Someone hit us this past January, and totaled the car.
We're driving a car my parents gave us - a white 2004 Toyota Sienna van, and we're surprised at how much we're loving it!

Have a nice afternoon my friend!....
You too, Rigel!

Laurie

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Me again...

1. What's your favorite hobby?...

2. What's one trait you hate about yourself?....

3. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment:….

4. What do you read in the bathroom?....

5. Current worry right now?....

6. Hight heels or low heels are you wearing right now?....

7. Favorite place to be on weekends?....

8. Where would you like to go?.....

9. What´s your Favourite pop soda….

10. What colour shirt or blouse are you wearing right now?....

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations Laurie on being this weeks Spotlight Member!

I've been away for a couple days and haven't had a chance to gather up some good questions yet but have read your answers from others. Are you sure you haven't done this before? You're so good at it!!

I'll be back later to poke around in your personal life!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Me again...
OH NO!

1. What's your favorite hobby?
The cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Helping people with their cat problems on TCS.

2. What's one trait you hate about yourself?
Again, I'm going to have to say - just one? Rigel, you give me so much credit!
Really - "hate" is too strong of a word for how I feel about anything about myself (though I can use it for tripe and Paul Shaffer!). I find my passive-aggressive nature VERY annoying at times! I also tend to be a perfectionist, and that can make finishing projects a problem.

3. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment:….
Gary just left a message for someone, and I thought
1) "That was perfect!"
2) Gary needs to call Jim XXXXXXX.
3) Jim's number is XXX-XXX-XXXX

4. What do you read in the bathroom?
My dad always read in the bathroom and I never got that. I don't like paper, books, or magazines in the bathroom! And when I read, I want to be comfortable - and a toilet isn't a comfortable place to read!

5. Current worry right now?....

When am I going to catch up on my sleep? I am someone who needs my 8 hours, and 8 hours has been really hard to get for a while now. I'm worried about how our biz meeting in NYC is going to go tomorrow - especially if I don't get enough sleep tonight!

6. Hight heels or low heels are you wearing right now?
I'm barefoot right now! (I always am at home). I don't even own high heels - not coordinated enough.
In fact, I have 3 pairs of sneakers, 2 pairs of sandals, 3 pairs of flats - one blue, one black, and one tan & black. I own hiking boots, winter boots, and have 2 pairs of "dressy" boots to wear with skirts in the fall/winter (one black, one brown) that my MIL gave me, or I wouldn't have those.

7. Favorite place to be on weekends?
At home with the kitties and Gary, though weather permitting, I love sitting on the deck, bar-b-queing with Gary, and going for a nice, long walk, either in the park or one of the many hiking trails around here.

8. Where would you like to go?
I'd love to go on an Alaskan cruise, but Gary doesn't do ships, so that won't ever happen. And because of the kitties, we can't take the RV to Canada, so fishing in northern Wisconsin or Michigan is my current vacation dream!

9. What´s your Favourite pop soda….

Izze's Blackberry!

10. What colour shirt or blouse are you wearing right now?[/quote]
I'm wearing a blue and white pin stripe short-sleeve shirt.

Laurie

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lil maggie

Congratulations Laurie on being this weeks Spotlight Member!
You just have to volunteer!

I've been away for a couple days and haven't had a chance to gather up some good questions yet but have read your answers from others. Are you sure you haven't done this before? You're so good at it!!
Nah, I'm just a blab - and with few friends, probably "pent up demand" to talk about myself!

Laurie

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Hi Fran!

1. What would be your five Desert Island CDs? They don't need to come from your own collection. Why would you choose these particular ones?
1) Deep Purple Live in Japan
2) Thin Lizzy Live and Dangerous
3) Led Zeppelin BBC Sessions
4) AC/DC Powerage
5) Stevie Ray Vaughn - probably Live in Montreaux 1982
as well this nice answer your´s my friend....
I was wondering:
-How many vinils do you have? and
-what groups vinils do you have?
-Do you have where do you play it?...

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

as well this nice answer your´s my friend....
I was wondering:
-How many vinils do you have? and
-what groups vinils do you have?
-Do you have where do you play it?...
I actually haven't had any vinyl since I left for college in the Fall of 1981. I went to a school where I knew I'd be traveling and living in other countries for extended periods of time. I packed what I wanted/needed into one backpack, and gave everything else I owned away - except my pillow, and a comforter my grandmother made for me.
That's when I listened to the radio!

I didn't settle back down anywhere until.... um.... 1986. I bought tapes then.

Gary had an even larger collection of records than I did (and a much better stereo! ) - a surprising number of them signed by at least one member of the band (long stories). But, like me, he gave everything away when he left for Israel (also 1981).

We both, upon occasion, miss the "round" sound of vinyl. But we don't miss the skipping, crackling and popping!

Laurie

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi again
Since I've got sooo much time on my hands, I have a gazillion questions and hope you don't fall asleep answering so many

Oh, I've been a spotlight member already and it's fun and sometimes very thought provoking! Not only do people learn things about you but I found I learned a few things about myself doing it

Ok, ready??

Do you like to bake?
Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
While watching a good movie at home, what would you snack on?
Do you normally eat breakfast?
What's your favorite fast food place?
What's your favorite veggie?
What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?
How many different cities have you lived in?
Are you a lefty or a righty?
Do you wear glasses or contacts?
When was the last time you went to the movies? What did you see?
What's your favorite time of year?
What was your best subject in school?
At home, would you rather wear shoes or go barefoot?
Do you own any antiques?
Do you collect anything? ie figurines, plates, seashells.....
Are you superstitious?
Have you ever broken any bones?
Do you have short hair? What color is it?
Do you like watching any sports?
Have you ever played any sports?
How much jewelry do you normally wear?
What is the first thing you do when you wake up? (besides the obvious
)
What is your birthstone?
How many purses do you own?
Do you like to garden?
What's your favorite flower?
Do you like to swim?
Any summer plans?
Where did you go on your last vacation?
What was the last thing that annoyed you?
What was the last thing that made you laugh?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hi again! Since I've got sooo much time on my hands, I have a gazillion questions and hope you don't fall asleep answering so many

Oh, I've been a spotlight member already and it's fun and sometimes very thought provoking! Not only do people learn things about you but I found I learned a few things about myself doing it.
No kidding! You really do (learn about yourself!)

Ok, ready??
Yup, ready!

Do you like to bake?
Yes, when we lived in a house. It's tough in the RV unless it's Winter because it heats everything up so much.
That said.... I make FABULOUS brownies from scratch. I use raw sugar, less of it, and they're like dark chocolate brownies.
(We like them chewy with the edges almost burnt and crunchy).

Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
Both. Coffee, not so much anymore. We've been on a green tea kick for about four years. It is the one thing we splurge on when money comes in - we buy high quality whole leaf tea. But every once in a while I love a turkish coffee (semi-sweet) - and every once in an even longer while, a good cappuccino.

While watching a good movie at home, what would you snack on?
Gary.
No, really - we watch WAY too many movies to snack every time we watch one, but I make a lovely ranch dip, and we get chips or fritos to dip. Mmmmmmmm!

Do you normally eat breakfast?
I'd have to say no. We usually get up and get straight to work (we principally telecommute) - and have tea, and often just toast.
The weekends I make breakfast - usually somewhere between 10:00 and 1:00.

What's your favorite fast food place?
Different for different things. Chicken? KFC! French Fries? McDonald's! Burgers? Burger King! Onion - things? Arby's!

What's your favorite veggie?
Asparagus or broccoli. Or Kirby cucumbers if I want something quick and cold!

What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Chocolate. I also love the "Snickers" ice cream bars.

How many different cities have you lived in?
If you define "Live in" as being there long enough to know some bakeries, the supermarket choices, a laundromat, a dry cleaners, and some of the restaurants... I'll have to just list them, because I don't know! Gary and I lived full time in the RV actively on the road for 10 years. We used to "hub and spoke," meaning we'd park in one place for a month to six months, and visit companies in the "area" by car. For example, we lived in Naples, but visited companies all over Florida. So, from that perspective, we've "lived" in:
Pittsburgh, PA
Lancaster, PA
Absecon, NJ
Blairstown/Hope, NJ
Elkhart, IN
Chicago, IL
Woodstock, IL
Kewanee, WI
Lake Geneva, WI
Woodruff, WI
Suburb (don't remember the name) of Minneapolis, MN
Brainerd, MN
Dillon, MT
Everett, WA
Seattle, WA
Petaluma, CA
Morgan Hills, CA
Newport, CA
Pasadena, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Big Bear, CA (The NICEST people in the country!)
Palm Springs, CA
Kerrville, TX
Lafayette, LA
Naples, FL
Brunswick, GA

We lived in homes in Sparta, NJ and Frelinghuysen, NJ

Canada:
Wells, BC
Dawson Creek, BC
Whitehorse, Yukon

Before Gary, I grew up in Winnetka, IL, and lived in Evanston, IL, and after college, moved to Queens (New York City)

I've also lived in India: in Bangalore, New Delhi,
Central America: Managua, Nicaragua and San Jose, Costa Rica

Think I got them all. I've traveled to a lot more.

Are you a lefty or a righty?
Total righty.

Do you wear glasses or contacts?
Glasses. I'm near-sighted.

When was the last time you went to the movies? What did you see?
Don't enjoy the movie theater thing for a long time now. The only movie I've seen in a theater in the last 24 years (!) is Volcano. That was... 1998? Gary and I were in Portland on business, and had four hours to kill before we had to be at the airport. It was raining, so just walking around was out, and that's what was playing.

What's your favorite time of year?
Spring. I love it when the world turns that lovely sunlight green.

What was your best subject in school?
Math. I was always in advanced math, and in college I never got a single statistics question wrong. *pat myself on back* That said, in my third year of high school I joined the "Center for Alternative Education" offered by my school. We worked with advisers to create our own curriculum and our own way of earning equivalent credits. So science was working for Save the Chicago River, and gym was roller skating five hours a week (which we usually did on the campus of Northwestern University because those hallways were GREAT!) and ice skating.... "English" was about five of us getting together on Tuesday and Thursday evenings to discuss books we lined up for reading... And I went to a very similar college. Had "classes" in a three-month orientation where we learned how to document our learning and how to set up what we were going to learn and how. But when I finished that, I needed some basics, so I went to DePaul University for a year, and crammed in all kinds of finance, math, and economics stuff to supplement my VERY liberal socio-political education.

At home, would you rather wear shoes or go barefoot?
Always barefoot!

Do you own any antiques?
I own a corner cupboard from the late 1700s (that my grandparents refinished and my parents papered the shelves). Our friends who own a furniture store are keeping it for me in their warehouse.

Do you collect anything? ie figurines, plates, seashells.....
Limoges cat boxes.

Are you superstitious?
I'm not, but out of respect for Gary who is (his theory - better safe than sorry
), I "knock wood" all the time and observe all of his other quirky superstitious things.

Have you ever broken any bones?
No, I never have! Sprained my ankle lots, but thankfully never broke anything.

Do you have short hair? What color is it?
My hair is VERY long and brown with natural red highlights. I can just about sit on it now, which means it's time to head to a Locks of Love salon to get it cut - so it's still long once I've given up the foot of hair.

Do you like watching any sports?
Yup! Hockey! But we don't have "real time" TV for several years. Oh well.

Have you ever played any sports?
I was never someone that like participating in team sports. I enjoyed swimming and skating.

Earrings, a necklace, and my wedding rings (we got married several times). I have very little jewelry and almost never change what I've got on.

What is the first thing you do when you wake up? (besides the obvious
)Actually, the very first thing is give Flowerbelle water from a bottle cap, because I almost always wake up to her shoving her foot in my face asking for it. Then I go open the window shades for the kitties, and clean the litter boxes. Then I get to take care of "the obvious."

What is your birthstone?
Amethyst

How many purses do you own?
None! I used to have a Coach bag that I carried everything around in - but with the laptop, I started having real neck and shoulder problems - and the bag was falling apart. So 8 years ago I switched to a backpack, and that's all I've got.

See above.

Do you like to garden?
I love the idea of gardening, but I never actually enjoy it.

What's your favorite flower?
Corn flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you like to swim?
Love it!

Any summer plans?
No. Until we can afford to fix the RV if something goes wrong while driving her, we can't hit the road.

Where did you go on your last vacation?
The middle of NJ in a lovely, new RV park around Thanksgiving of 2007, for one week. Just went walking - really just needed a change of pace and a little get-away (we were living in a house at the time).

What was the last thing that annoyed you?
That a company we're writing up asked us to talk to Gene Marcial (who writes "Inside Wall Street" for Business Week) about valuation, TOTALLY taking advantage of our relationship with him, and TOTALLY out-of-line, because she (the CEO) should KNOW that we can't discuss research BEFORE it is published!

What was the last thing that made you laugh?
Gary mentioning once again that he wants to institute a new ratings system for bad companies, based on "Beers." (This company is SO BAD that you need to drink at LEAST a case of beer before even reading about it.... this one isn't so bad, you only need 3 beers before taking a look at it).
(He was on the phone, and that was about five minutes ago).

Laurie

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is so fun and fascinating to read. I'm a little intimidated about my lack of creativity with my questions but here goes.....

1. I know that you love all your kitties in your own way, but who is really special to you (don't worry we won't email them)? You know I love Flowerbelle but please don't let that influence your answer

2. Does Gary know how much you love him? He is very lucky.

3. What's the most exotic thing you have ever eaten?

4. I see you have "lived" many places, but I don't see Indiana? Are you scared of Indiana? Do you hate it for some reason?

5. You went to a Quaker collage? I have "Friends" in my family tree. Are we related?

6. Do you know any foreign languages?

7. Would you ever consider Lasik surgery? I'm only asking because I'm chicken.

8. Aging gracefully or going out kicking and screaming?

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm also curious...I saw all the cities you lived in
so what's wrong with Missouri?

Okies, more questions ...

Have you ever seen a tornado other than on tv?
Are you afraid of storms?
Of all the gemstones, other than amethyst, which is your favorite? Diamonds, emeralds, sapphires ect.
Do you believe in ghosts?
Are you into astrology?
Are you religious or spiritual?
Do you believe in reincarnation?
Do you believe in the supernatural?

Thanks for all the great answers so far!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too, am thoroughly enjoying reading your answers....

and so I'm not repeating other questions, I am pulling out The Book of Questions.

1. If you could spend one year in perfect happiness, but afterward would remember nothing of the experience would you do so? If not, why not?

2. Do you think the world will be a better or worse place in 100yrs from now?

3. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the body or the mind of a 30yr old for the last 60yrs of your life, which would you want?

4. What would constitute a perfect evening for you?

5. Would you rather be given $10K for your own use or $100 000 to give anonymously to strangers? What if you could keep 1million or give away 20million?

6. If you knew there would be a nuclear war in one week, what would you do?

7. Would you accept twenty years of extraordinary happiness and fulfillment if it meant you would die at the end of the period?

8. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life? Is there anything you hope to do that is even better?

9. If you could chose the manner of your death, what would it be?

10. If you could have free, unlimited service for 5yrs from an extremely good cook, chauggeur, housekeeper, massuese or personal secratary which would you choose?

I hope these are not too personal, if so, please don't feel the need to respond to all of em....I tried not to pick any that I thought were overly personal.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and some light ones after my "thinking" ones...

1. do you type properly?
2. do you sing in the shower?
3. do you bite your nails?
4. have you ever going a speeding ticket?
5. do your friends tend to be older or younger than you?
6. have you ever met a person whom immediately you didn't like? ( just like a gut feeling )
7. have you had pets other that what you have now?
8. do you paint your toenails?
9. how many hours on average do you spend on the computer?
10. Boxers or briefs?
sorry, couldn't resist..... of course it goes without question that I mean Gary...hmmmm, although..... I could change it LMAO

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Laurie!

1. Do you have a favorite Asian dish?
2. What city in Asia would you like to visit? Why?
3. Remember that program in National Geographic about American families living experience with a different culture? Would you and your family be willing to do it? Why?

Unrelated question - if you play in the TCS Arcade, which is your favorite game?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

This is so fun and fascinating to read. I'm a little intimidated about my lack of creativity with my questions but here goes.....
Any question is a good one!

1. I know that you love all your kitties in your own way, but who is really special to you (don't worry we won't email them)? You know I love Flowerbelle but please don't let that influence your answer

I do love them all, but as to a special place in my heart it's really a tie between Flowerbelle, Sheldon, Billy, and Tuxedo. Tuxedo is just so cute, and SO loving.
Flowerbelle has the most personality, and about a million times a day we say "that is SO darling!"
No two ways around it - her personality is a cute as she is. Billy is a lap kitty and so playful, you can't help but love everything about him. And Sheldon has really become my baby boy. He sleeps every night curled up under my arm, and is just a cute, good boy. I'll miss all of them, but I think Shelly's going to be the most difficult one for me.

2. Does Gary know how much you love him? He is very lucky.
Especially now that he's so ill and in so much pain, he gets insecure and needs lots of reassurance - but yes, he knows.

3. What's the most exotic thing you have ever eaten?
I'm going to have to think about this today and get back to you on it! I've eaten a lot of "interesting" things.

4. I see you have "lived" many places, but I don't see Indiana? Are you scared of Indiana? Do you hate it for some reason?

You missed it! We lived in Elkhart several times for several months!

5. You went to a Quaker collage? I have "Friends" in my family tree. Are we related?
My family isn't Quaker, it was the program at the school that drew me to it. The family background on my mom's side is actually Menonite.

6. Do you know any foreign languages?
I can sort of speak spanish and french, but I can understand and read a lot more than I can speak. And my accent(s) are TERRIBLE!

7. Would you ever consider Lasik surgery? I'm only asking because I'm chicken.
Yup, I'm chicken too!

8. Aging gracefully or going out kicking and screaming?

Probably kicking and screaming! Right now the face in the mirror looks a little bit like a stranger to me. I looked so much the same for so many years, the effects of gravity are now taking their toll, and I'm not that happy about it!

They were great questions!

Laurie