Member under the spotlight....16-22 november ...."Februa"...=)

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

I'm enjoying your answers. Here's another set I stumbled upon -- this time a somewhat random bunch...
Im enjoying your questions, this is fun

1. Do you like veggies? What is your favourite?I do like most veggies, and Id have to say cucumbers or green peppers are my favourite. I dont like any mushy ones though, so most "baked" ones dont agree with me.

2. Are your grandparents still alive? Do you know them well?My maternal grandmother is still alive, and I have not seen her in over 10 years. There werent any mother of the year awards for her, we can leave it at that. I was closest to my paternal grandmother, but she passed away close to 5 years ago now.

3. When you have a 'lazy' morning, how late do you sleep in?8am is about as late as I get :/ I cant sleep in too late, and I cant handle lying around in bed awake for more than half an hour or so!

4. Do you drive? Do you like to or is it a necessary evil?I drive, but not often as I sold my car a few years ago, so only drive occasionally. I like driving a lot, its just not worth the money and pollution given my current living/working situation

5. What is your first language? What others do you know - not necessarily fluently, but enough to be understood?English is my first language, and I speak french well enough to hold a conversation and watch french movies without subtitles. Its mostly a speed thing for me - french people speak fast, and sometimes I cant differentiate their words

6. How do you like your eggs cooked?Scrambled dry...Im not a big egg eater in all honesty. Sometimes I like overeasy for toast dipping

7. What is your favourite type of movie?Ones that are so bad they are good.

8. When you go to a movie do you stay to read the credits?No this takes way too long and Im not patient enough. ANything I might like to know, I can google later

9. What behaviour would you ask your cats to explain, if they could speak?I wouldnt ask my purrfect babies to explain a thing
but I would like them to be very specific about flavour likes and dislikes!
So glad its Friday! Im hoping for a smooth workday with no problems and a good weekend, where Ill either see 2012 or The Blindside.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

nice said Frannie!...mee too!...

I really like Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam as a male vocalist
Do you have all cd´s from Pearl Jam?...I like so much Even flow & Do the Evolution...
I do have them all
Im really liking the new album too. Good to see other Pearl Jam fans arounf!

What's your favorite hobby?...Stamp collecting! Its somewhat of a dark secret as most people arent interested in hearing about it
could you tell us some history about this my friend?...
how do you have organizate your collection? do you have some pics?...
wich one is your most valuable Stamp?....hahaah I could tell you lots....lets see, I have mint canadian stamps in an album, an album of cat stamps, an album of bird stamps, and 2 albums with United Nations (one of my favourite collections) stamps. I keep at least 10,000-15,000 stamps in envelopes sorted by country, I just dont have enough space to put them all into albums/organize them correctly! I have a significant amount of German inflation stamps that are very interesting, as in a couple of years postage went from something like 1 mark to 1,000,000,000 marks (read - printing more money doesnt actually make you richer!). I dont collect a lot of "first day covers" but I have about 30 or so of those in a little cigar box as well. My oldest stamps are American from the 1860s, not great condition, but still worth decent money. I have some old Canadian ones too that I like for postage history, and some of them are quite valuable too

I have ready this tiny set for you today!..

1. Have you ever to sleeped on satin sheets?
No, and I dont think I would want o
2. Can you whistle?..
Yes, but I dont have skills, not too musical, not too loud
3. Favorite color?...not surprisingly, Blue!
4. Would you be a Pirate? (Disguise for Halloween…..arrrrrrrrrrgh!)…
I dont think so, I dont like the scandalous lady pirate costumes much
5. What songs do you sing in the shower?...
Totally non existant made up ones, often about/to the cats
6. Favorite Girl's Name?...
Faith? I just made that up, as there isnt one that stands out in my mind
7. Favorite Baseball Team?..
umm...I dont watch baseball, but wold have to say the Toronto Blue Jays
8. Favorite boy's name?...
Michael, I know its traditional and not original, but I love Michael/Mike
9. What's in your pocket right now?...
Left - Keys, Right - student card and some change
10. Last thing that made you laugh?....
Labmates funny lab-disaster story...lets just say it involved something going in his mouth that should not be there lol
Hope youre having a great day, and are looking forward to the weekend. I sure am!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don´t think that is over for friday!...

...here´s your daily torment....

1. Can you drive a motorcicle?...

2 Worst injury you've ever had?...

3. Do you love where you live?...

4. How many TVs do you have in your house?....

5. Who is your loudest friend?...

6. Do you have any pets?(apart of your kitts of course
)…....

7. Does someone have a crush on you?...

8. Your favorite book(s)?

9. Do you collect anything?...
10. What song do you want played at your funeral?

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Don´t think that is over for friday!...

...here´s your daily torment....

My internet was broken yesterday, and I did not go into lab, so apologies for making you wait for my answers

1. Can you drive a motorcicle?...
No, and I dont want to learn! Ive been on a few rides, and thats enough for me!
2 Worst injury you've ever had?...
One time, while playing an ill-thought game of contact football/rugby/soccer randomness, I was accidentally knocked down by a very large male friend, and ended up with a nice compound fracture in my wrist. I could touch my inner elbow - gross. What hurt was when it was reset back into place
3. Do you love where you live?...
In some ways yes, but I am far (3000kms) from my family and friends, so in other ways, no
4. How many TVs do you have in your house?....
Just one, but I have a small one bedroom apartment and live by myself soooo
5. Who is your loudest friend?...
Celene! We make quite an interesting pair to sit near at a restaurant

6. Do you have any pets?(apart of your kitts of course
)…....
Nope, just Daisy and Manytoes
7. Does someone have a crush on you?...
Not sure, but I dont think so
8. Your favorite book(s)?
I read a lot, but I really like Macroscope by Piers Anthony, the Stand by Stephen King, and Divisidero by Michael Ondaatje
9. Do you collect anything?...Stamps, and free pens
10. What song do you want played at your funeral?
I dont want to have a funeral, I do not find them to be productive or "healing" in any way shape or form. If there was a celebration of my life, I would want the soundtrack to be a number of songs I liked throughout

Hope youre having a great weekend, We're back to the snow over here, with about 2" on the ground from Friday overnight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks you for answering my questions my friend,
...The main topic of today would be Cats and also other stuffs...

1.- How many cats have you ever had in your enterely life?

2.- could you tell us the name of the list above?

3.- Do you have any preference about of Breeds of cats?

4.- Do you dream with cats when you sleeps?

5.- Have you ever to give catnip at your kittys to play?

6.- Wich brand do you prefer to give at your kitty in Wet and Dry food to eat?

7.- Would you like to work like a volunteer on a Cat shelter?

another stuffs...

8.- Wich one is your favourite colour to wear?
9.- Do you have some earrings with shape of cat?
10.- do you have some blouse with stamps of cats?
11.- do you collect or you have handcraft of kittys?
12.- how many purses do you have?

.....I hope not boring you with my questions my friend...
..Cheers chick!...

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Thanks you for answering my questions my friend,
...The main topic of today would be Cats and also other stuffs...

1.- How many cats have you ever had in your enterely life?
From birth until age 6 we had a beautiful tabby named Alice - we had to give her away as we went to live with my ailing great-grandmother, and she was very against cats. At age 16 I got Rufus (female!) who was one of my best friends ever, she passed away about a year ago, but hadnt been with me since 2001 (University etc., she lived with my parents). At age 17, I conned my family into adopting Big Head (local stray who liked being fed and scratched on the head), and he still lives with my folks. I adopted Niles in 2001, and hes also still with Mom & Dad (due to anxiety issues and then a bout of meningitis, he couldnt come to AB with me). Manytoes joined me in 2004, and Daisy came in 2008. So I guess that makes 6!
2.- could you tell us the name of the list above?
oh, I already did lol
3.- Do you have any preference about of Breeds of cats?
Im a fan of visible genetic uniqueness in DSH cats. Manytoes is quite polydactyl and daisy is torbie as examples. I would adopt a male calico in a heartbeat (XXY), or a pure orange female tabby (XO)
4.- Do you dream with cats when you sleeps?
I dont remember having a cat in my dreams...doesnt mean theyre not there, just that theyre not the prime memorable part!
5.- Have you ever to give catnip at your kittys to play?
Yes, and often. They amuse me as they amuse themselves lol
6.- Wich brand do you prefer to give at your kitty in Wet and Dry food to eat?
I feed my kitties a special kind of Royal Canin due to digestive issues (dry) for wet, they get all different types, but they prefer store brand chicken and liver

7.- Would you like to work like a volunteer on a Cat shelter?
Couldnt do it personally, would be to emotionally trying. But I donate to them and profusely thank the people who do work at them (rescues especially, like the one I got Daisy!)
another stuffs...

8.- Wich one is your favourite colour to wear?I like black, but wear it too much so try to wear more colours, blue wins for sure
9.- Do you have some earrings with shape of cat?No, but i do have a very nice brooch
10.- do you have some blouse with stamps of cats?I have 2 t-shirts featurign cats yes

11.- do you collect or you have handcraft of kittys?Not specifically, but I do like them
12.- how many purses do you have?more than 10 at any given time

.....I hope not boring you with my questions my friend...
..Cheers chick!...
Not at all bored, Ive been having a very fun week!
Thank you for your curiosity!