Member under the Spotlight 13 to 19 July!...GOING NOVA!!!.... :)

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Thanks you for answering my questions my friend,
...The main topic of today would be Cats and also other stuffs...

1.- How many cats have you ever had in your enterely life?
Cats who were mine, and not my parents'? 3

2.- could you tell us the name of the list above?
1. Poy. I had him from when I was 8 to when I was 16. Toward the end of his life, I wanted to keep him indoors, but my mom didn't think he could adjust. He was either hit by a car or shot by a neighbor. I keep my cats indoors now, because I don't want to lose another in that manner.

2. Grim. A few months after Poy passed, I was at a park and this cat just jumped into my lap. I really missed having a cat, but I knew my mom would flip out if I brought another one home. I decided that if he followed me, I would lead him home. If he didn't follow me, I would leave him where he was. Well, he crossed 4 streets with me, stopping at lights and everything. I named him Grim because this all happened on Halloween.
Toward the end of college, I moved closer to my college campus with the intention of moving back home after I graduated. While I was moved away, the owner of my mom's apartment sold it and the new owner raised the rent. So my mom went to live at senior apartments, and I couldn't move back in with her. Grim had a hard time adjusting to new surroundings (and had bonded strongly with my mom) so when I moved to a place where I could have him with me, we decided that it was best to leave him where he was.

Recently, we discovered a tumor and it turned out to be cancerous. We had it removed, but he's since developed more tumors. Grim is 10 years old, and still plays with toys. He seems so young still, I'm not ready for him to go. He's my mom's companion and she's extremely heartbroken.

3. Nova. Miss Nova strayed into my ex-boyfriend's mom's yard and was hiding out in the bushes. Their resident cat didn't really want Miss Nova around, so they asked if I was interested in taking her. I went to meet her, and worried that nobody would adopt her from the shelter because she looked so sick. (Underweight, scraggly fur, runny nose and eyes.) So I brought her home, took her to the vet, and she cleaned up nice.
When I first brought her home, I didn't know if she was spayed and I actually thought she was pregnant (and the vet did too!)! That led me to join TCS, as I had never had a pregnant cat before and didn't know what to expect. I still never have had a pregnant cat. It turned out to be a false pregnancy.

3.- Do you have any preference about of Breeds of cats?
No, no preference for breed. As far as appearance goes, on my mom's side of the family, we've mostly had dark colored tabbies. Poy was a blue tabby, with a very pretty coat. On my dad's side of the family, it's been mostly siamese-looking colorpoints. I don't have a preference for breed or coat.

4.- Do you dream with cats when you sleeps?
Once, I had a dream that I found a box of kittens and took them to a shelter to be adopted out. The kittens weren't adopted out and when I went to the shelter to claim them, they wouldn't let me take them. Then, cats and kittens were running around everywhere and I had to try to catch them. It was a very sad dream.

5.- Have you ever to give catnip at your kittys to play?
Yes, both fresh and dry. Nova doesn't seem too interested in it, though. She'd rather eat cat grass.

6.- Wich brand do you prefer to give at your kitty in Wet and Dry food to eat?
They're all on a dry diet of Purina ProPlan. Nova is eating that because it doesn't give her diarrhea. The boys are eating that because we haven't settled on what their "adult diet" will be.

7.- Would you like to work like a volunteer on a Cat shelter?

another stuffs...
Yes, I would love to do that. If I didn't have to work to support myself, I'd spend my time doing volunteer work for a shelter.

8.- Wich one is your favourite colour to wear? Black.

9.- Do you have some earrings with shape of cat? Nope.

10.- do you have some blouse with stamps of cats? Yes, I'm wearing one right now. It's a PetSmart Charities T-shirt with two cats and two dogs.

11.- do you collect or you have handcraft of kittys? I don't really collect anything with cats, but I do have a little figurine carved out of quartz and a little ceramic figurine from Guadalajara.

12.- how many purses do you have? Two. They're both red.

.....I hope not boring you with my questions my friend...
..Cheers chick!...
You're not boring me with questions! I enjoy them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Linda,... your answers are marvellous, thank you for your time and thank you for believe in TCS...

as my last question of your week my friend I have this one...

Do you have a project in your life for short? to medium time or for long time? I Mean are you thinking to study something, improve in what you´re or maybe trip around the world soon?..
tell us as you so deep you want to tell us...

thanks again!

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Thanks Linda,... your answers are marvellous, thank you for your time and thank you for believe in TCS...

as my last question of your week my friend I have this one...

Do you have a project in your life for short? to medium time or for long time? I Mean are you thinking to study something, improve in what you´re or maybe trip around the world soon?..
tell us as you so deep you want to tell us...

thanks again!
I hope to finish up my master's degree within the next few months. After that, I don't know. Maybe it's time to get an adult job.

I'm both afraid of and excited about the future. I don't have anything lined up for after I graduate. I have no idea what I'll be doing a year from now.

As long as I have a place to live, food to eat, and clothes to wear I'll be happy. The rest will follow.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh oh oh.....

Linda, I'm sooooo sorry I missed out.....

I still have today right? Can I bombard you with ?'s ? Or would you rather not be bombarded?

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

oh oh oh.....

Linda, I'm sooooo sorry I missed out.....

I still have today right? Yes.
Can I bombard you with ?'s ? Of course!
Or would you rather not be bombarded?
I don't mind. It'll give me something to look forward to when I need a break from learning!
You asked me questions about asking questions!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
K, I'll do my list all at once...... You may want to piece it out a bit LOL.... and I apologise for any repeats of questions you've already answered (just leave em out
) as I haven't read through you pages yet, I just caught the title, that today's your last day.

I'll even space em out into a couple posts

1. do you have any tattoos? If so, what and do they have meanings behind them that you are comfortable sharing.

2. do you have any piercings? aside from the ears.

3. Have you ever held a snake? If so, did you enjoy it or were you uncomfortable?

4. What is on your MP3 player right now? (or cd player, whatever fits)

5. How many tvs do you have?

6. What is your all time favorite bought chocolate?

7. Whats your favorite colour, least favorite colour?

8. What's the last movie you've seen?

9. What's the last book you've read?

10. Have you ever been anywhere on an actual holiday/vacation? (not counting any work trips)

11. What would your dream vacation be? (a cruise to some exotic island, a trainride across the country, etc.)

12. Do you believe in ghosts?

13. Would you accept $1 000 000 to leave the country and never step foot back in it again?

14. Do you prefer being around men or women? (as in are most of your friends male or female, which do you get along with better)

15. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be?

16. Given the choice of anyone in the world (alive or dead), whom would you chose to meet?

17. Is there any subject that you do not talk about? (for me, I don't talk politics)

18. Are you excited about anything right now?

19. What would you like to be doing 5yrs from now? What do you think you will be doing 5yrs from now?

20. Would you be willing to eat a bowl full of crickets for $40K ? How about 5K?

21. You are given $1 000 000 to donate anonymously to charity or to a stranger. How would you dispose of it?

22. In conversations, do you tend to listen or talk more?

23. If you decided to do something and your friends strongly advised you not to, could you do it anyway?

Canada

26. If you could visit 3 places in Canada, where would you visit?

27. Do you ever use the word "eh"... Welcome to Canada eh.

28. What animals do you associate with Canada? (ex.I think of coyotes in the US...)

29. Have you ever been to Canada? Where?

30. Have you ever heard of any famous Canadians?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Completely random:

31. What Is The Last Thing You Purchased?
32. Who was the last person to make you mad?
33. Do you sleep on your side, stomach or back?
34. Do you watch the news on a regular basis?
35. What time is your alarm clock set to?

Personality:

36. For the most part are you a happy person?
37. What is an easy way to cheer you up if you are down? (ex. something that always makes you smile)
38. Are you impulsive?
39. Are you early or late?
40. What do you do when you get angry? (yell, stomp away, isolation, etc)
41. Are you an organised person?
42. Do you get over things easily? Or do you hold a grudge?
43. Do you prefer a large group of people or a small group ( under 10) to hang out with?
44. Would others characterise you as friendly?
45. Was is your worst personality trait?
46. What colour is your hair?
47. Do you drink coffee/tea, if so what do you take in it?
48. Are you shy or outgoing?
49. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
50. What's your sign? (cancer, gemini, etc.)
51. Do you have any nicknames? If they have a story, please share.
52. Do you wear glasses?
53. How many hours, on average, per day do you spend on the computer? (excluding any work related computer job)
54. What is your most favorite food? (pick top 3 food, not candy or chocolate)
55. Do you prefer to cook or have someone else cook?
56. Are you a meat/potatoes person, or veggies/salad?
57. Do you have a sweettooth?
58. Sweet or salty snacks?
59. Full meals or snack type meals?
60. Are you allergic to any foods? (my SIL is allergic to tomato...which really sucks as its in ALOT of things...salad dressing, etc.)
61. What do you like on your pizza?

62. If $ was not an issue, what would you get for your kitties?

63. What is the one beauty product you could NOT live without?

64. How much time do you spend on your hair? ( do you style it daily, or are you a ponytail girl?)

65. Do you wear makeup on a daily basis?

66. Are you enjoying being the Spotlight member?

67. Do you chew gum? If so, what kind?

68. What kind of unusual animal would you love as a pet? (assuming laws/price is not an issue... an animal/reptile/etc that you would never have, but think would make a nice pet)

(I left out my 25 question, question
)

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

K, I'll do my list all at once...... You may want to piece it out a bit LOL.... and I apologise for any repeats of questions you've already answered (just leave em out
) as I haven't read through you pages yet, I just caught the title, that today's your last day.

I'll even space em out into a couple posts

1. do you have any tattoos? If so, what and do they have meanings behind them that you are comfortable sharing. I don't have any tattoos. If I were to get one, it would probably be in honor of my cats, my family, or the way I'd like to live my life. I would have to do a lot of research about it beforehand to find a trusted artist and come up with a meaningful design.

2. do you have any piercings? aside from the ears.No secret piercings here.
I have a bunch in my ears, but none in interesting places.

3. Have you ever held a snake? If so, did you enjoy it or were you uncomfortable? I don't know if I've held a snake. I'm sure I've touched one, at least. I don't think I'd be uncomfortable, I enjoy looking at them when I go to the reptile store.

4. What is on your MP3 player right now? (or cd player, whatever fitsI've been listening to a Pandora station based on Mazzy Star, Nancy Sinatra, Cat Power, Cowboy Junkies, and the Cranberries. It also plays some Radiohead, the Beatles, Hope Sandoval, Roy Orbison, Billie Holiday,and Alanis Morissette. It's kind of folksy, with slight country influence and mostly female dreamy-type vocals.)

5. How many tvs do you have? Two. One in the livingroom and one in the bedroom.

6. What is your all time favorite bought chocolate? Sees raspberry buttercremes! I also like their almond clusters.

7. Whats your favorite colour, least favorite colour? My favorite color is red, I don't really like yellow.

8. What's the last movie you've seen? I went to see "The Proposal." It's a typical chick-flick, which I usually wouldn't go see in a movie theatre, but there are only two movies playing here and I needed to get out and do something.

9. What's the last book you've read? I think it was Dewey! The one about the library cat. I'm just starting to read American Gods by Neil Gaiman.

10. Have you ever been anywhere on an actual holiday/vacation? (not counting any work trips) Not counting work trips, I've been to Mexico to vacation. The beaches are beautiful, the weather is nice, and the food is good!

11. What would your dream vacation be? (a cruise to some exotic island, a trainride across the country, etc.) A tour of Europe! There are so many cultures in proximity, and so many historical landmarks. It would be fun and educational... and maybe tasty too.

12. Do you believe in ghosts? I want to believe in ghosts, but I'm extremely skeptical.

13. Would you accept $1 000 000 to leave the country and never step foot back in it again? If I had to decide right now, I wouldn't take it.

14. Do you prefer being around men or women? (as in are most of your friends male or female, which do you get along with better) I don't really have a preference. My problem with making friends with men is that they often would rather be more than friends. I wrote a haiku about it:

I make friends with boys
They want to take me on dates
Go away dumb boys

15. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? My external harddrive- it has pictures and work on it. It'd probably be worthless to anyone else.

16. Given the choice of anyone in the world (alive or dead), whom would you chose to meet? Maybe great-grandparents so I could ask questions about my family.

17. Is there any subject that you do not talk about? (for me, I don't talk politics) I'll talk about pretty much anything, but I really don't enjoy discussing politics or religion. Most of the time, that sort of discussion degrades to an assertion of one's personal beliefs and biases without considering what the other persons are saying.

18. Are you excited about anything right now? Unfortunately, no.

19. What would you like to be doing 5yrs from now? What do you think you will be doing 5yrs from now? I have no idea. I'm afraid to even dream.

20. Would you be willing to eat a bowl full of crickets for $40K ? How about 5K?For 40k? Yes, definitely. For 5k, it depends on how big that bowl is and how they're prepared.

21. You are given $1 000 000 to donate anonymously to charity or to a stranger. How would you dispose of it? Easy! I'd give it all to help homeless cats! Some kind of org for TNR, or a no-kill shelter.

22. In conversations, do you tend to listen or talk more? I think it's pretty even with talking and listening.

23. If you decided to do something and your friends strongly advised you not to, could you do it anyway? It depends on what it is, but in general, I probably could.

Canada

26. If you could visit 3 places in Canada, where would you visit? I'm not sure where I could do these things, but I would like to see polar bears, and the northern lights. I would like to visit Montreal because it seems like an interesting city.

27. Do you ever use the word "eh"... Welcome to Canada eh. Do Canadians really say that?

28. What animals do you associate with Canada? Seals, Mooses, Bears(ex.I think of coyotes in the US...)

29. Have you ever been to Canada? Where? I haven't been.

30. Have you ever heard of any famous Canadians? Is Alanis Morissette Canadian? Celine Dion, Pamela Anderson, I probably know of other famous Canadians, but don't know that they're Canadian!
Thanks for the questions!
I'll get to the last set after I do some work.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Completely random:

31. What Is The Last Thing You Purchased? Pizza Lunchables at the grocery store
32. Who was the last person to make you mad?A stranger

33. Do you sleep on your side, stomach or back? On my side, all curled up.
34. Do you watch the news on a regular basis? No, the news usually makes me upset.
35. What time is your alarm clock set to? 7:30AM.

Personality:

36. For the most part are you a happy person? I'm content, but maybe not happy.
37. What is an easy way to cheer you up if you are down? (ex. something that always makes you smile) Cats, chocolate
38. Are you impulsive? No, I over-think.
39. Are you early or late?Late
40. What do you do when you get angry? (yell, stomp away, isolation, etc) Sometimes I cry, sometimes I say things I later wish I could unsay (in that regard, I am impulsive).
41. Are you an organised person? Yes, very. Everything has to have its place
42. Do you get over things easily? Or do you hold a grudge? I hold a grudge if I don't receive an apology.
43. Do you prefer a large group of people or a small group ( under 10) to hang out with? Small group.
44. Would others characterise you as friendly? Possibly. I'm not sure how I'm perceived.
45. Was is your worst personality trait? I'm impatient.(Which is ironic, because I'm always late.)
46. What colour is your hair? Dark brown.
47. Do you drink coffee/tea, if so what do you take in it? Yes. Coffee with chocolate and whipped cream- hot or cold. Tea with honey.
48. Are you shy or outgoing? I'm outgoing in the sense that I'm outspoken, but I defintely do not enjoy socializing or talking with strange people.
49. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would be able to clearly and effortlessly express my thoughts through writing.
50. What's your sign? (cancer, gemini, etc.)Gemini
51. Do you have any nicknames? If they have a story, please share. Nope, none.
52. Do you wear glasses? Yes. I need them for reading because I'm far-sighted.
53. How many hours, on average, per day do you spend on the computer? (excluding any work related computer job) Gosh, this is an embarrassing question... maybe 5?
54. What is your most favorite food? (pick top 3 food, not candy or chocolate)
1.Pizza
2.Salmon (especially grilled or as sashimi)
3. Rice-A-Roni, especially the broccoli au gratin flavor

55. Do you prefer to cook or have someone else cook? Someone else!
56. Are you a meat/potatoes person, or veggies/salad? I mostly eat grains and fruits.
57. Do you have a sweettooth?Yes, definitely.
58. Sweet or salty snacks?Both!
59. Full meals or snack type meals? If I'm working, snack type meals. Otherwise, full meals.
60. Are you allergic to any foods? (my SIL is allergic to tomato...which really sucks as its in ALOT of things...salad dressing, etc.) I can't eat onions unless they're fully cooked. I throw up.
61. What do you like on your pizza? Pepperoni & mushrooms, or ham and pineapple, or just cheese. If I'm feeling fancy, then maybe tomatoes and basil

62. If $ was not an issue, what would you get for your kitties? A covered porch with a couple of real trees, different level platforms, and hidey places

63. What is the one beauty product you could NOT live without? Hand lotion. I was my hands pretty obsessively and they get dry.

64. How much time do you spend on your hair? ( do you style it daily, or are you a ponytail girl?) I don't even comb my hair! It's short and doesn't really get tangled. Usually it's up in a ponytail, but I leave it down sometimes too. If my hair is long, I just detangle it. No styling.

65. Do you wear makeup on a daily basis? When I'm at home, I do. My face is pretty much all one color, otherwise.

66. Are you enjoying being the Spotlight member? Yes.

67. Do you chew gum? If so, what kind? Orbit Raspberry Mint, but I'm not sure they make it in that flavor anymore.

68. What kind of unusual animal would you love as a pet? (assuming laws/price is not an issue... an animal/reptile/etc that you would never have, A giraffe! I've always liked giraffes!but think would make a nice pet)

(I left out my 25 question, question
)
Phew! That was a lot of questions!