Member under Spotlight! 27 to 01 Jul LDG!....:)

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Hey!...
where are you going????...
the day isn´t finish yet!...
Technically this finish until 23:59:59 of today!...
I'm here! I was just saying thanks!

OK.... (rolls up sleeves)

1. Have you ever to sleeped on satin sheets?
Yes, but prefer cotton because they breathe!

2. Can you whistle?..
Yes, but not too well.

3. Favorite color?... Purple!

4. Would you be a Pirate? (Disguise for Halloween…..arrrrrrrrrrgh!)…
Why not?

5. What songs do you sing in the shower?...
I don't sing in the shower.

6. Favorite Girl's Name?...
Right now, it's Lily.

7. Favorite Baseball Team?..
I don't have one.

8. Favorite boy's name?...
, Um, I'd better say Gary.

9. What's in your pocket right now?...

My keys
My cellphone
Had to count it: $8.72 (of which $1.72 is in coins LOL)
The "CTRL" key off a laptop
2 screws
1 small spring - like from a ballpoint pen
2 pieces of kibble
An inhaler
Some lint

10. Last thing that made you laugh?....
Listing all the stuff in my pockets!

Originally Posted by Coolcat

for sure I´ll be back...
See you then!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG;3083248As to the international travel...

Canada - my dad's parents used to take us fishing in Ontario when I was a kid, and Gary and I took the RV there when we first hit the road. :nod:

Denmark, Norway, Russia (technically the U.S.S.R. at the time), Finland, and Sweden were next. I was nine. I can't remember why my parents couldn't go... but my dad's parents booked a cruise for 4, intending to take them. But my sister and I went instead. I wish I was older - but I had already read the [I

Kon Tiki[/i] (Thor Heyerdahl), and was SO excited to be going to the museum.
That trip was INCREDIBLE. I was also the youngest on the cruise by far, so was insanely pampered by the staff on the ship.

The Central America and Asia trips were in college. I picked the college I went to (Friends World College) because of it's style of education ("Orientations" each year, the rest experiential learning you organize with an advisor), and because it was international in nature - to graduate, you were required to go two of their other centers. They were based on Long Island, NY, and had centers in Central America (Costa Rica), Europe (the UK), Africa (Kenya), the Middle East (Israel), India, Japan, and they were the first college in the U.S. to have an official student exchange program with the People's Republic of China.
So that's how I wound up in Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Peru, Bolivia, Pakistan and India. Student loans!

I also put the ex through college - Friends World College. (We spent very little of our seven married years actually living in the same place). He was in India for a while (I lived in NY), and I visited him there for a few weeks, so I went back to India.

The rest were travels with my ex. His father was the Indian ambassador to Turkey, and we visited him there. His sister lived in The Netherlands, and we visited her there, and traveled around to Belgium and Germany.

The ex grew up in France (because of his father), and we went to visit good friends of the family he hadn't seen for some time.

OH! I totally forgot! I've been to (what was at the time) Czechoslovakia! Prague! My best friend from College married a Czech. I went to visit her there in... 1988(?) - might have been 1987 or 1989 - when she gave birth to her baby boy.
WOWSA WOWSA!!!! I didn't expect you to answer that one, but thank you so much
Goodness, what a life you have led. I am just blown away by all of your travels. How very exciting and no wonder you are so darn intelligent. Just amazing to me. Someday, if we meet I would love to hear all about some of the places you went. Very cool
about the student exchange program and how lucky you were to take part in that.
No wonder you are a homebody now
You were a world traveler. Again, it was enjoyable reading about parts of your life

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Laurie, asking you questions has been a treat, BECAUSE of your great detailed answers.
Well, at least I didn't put you to sleep!

Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Here are a few more to finish the week. This time we start with our wonderful furpeople.
Of all the kitties who have been in your life...

1. Who is/was your heart kitty?
This may sound really strange, but when I read about people and their heart kitties, I don't think I've had that relationship with a kitty.
Don't get me wrong, they ALL hold a very special place in my heart.
Flowerbelle and Chumley are probably the "most special." Flowerbelle, because she has psychic abilities, and is our little nurse - and is just too insanely cute (despite being SUCH a princess). And Chumley... because watching him "bloom" is such an incredible treat, and he just... trusts me.

But Billy... Billy loves me like no other cat ever has. I guess if one of these eight kitties currently in our family is my heart kitty, it's Billy.
The way he looks at me is just... heart melting.

2. Who is/was the silliest? the mushiest? the grumpiest?

Shelly is by far the silliest.
(He's also the most jealous - which is odd, because he's usually our ambassador kitty. Go figure.
).

But "goofiest" has to be its own category, because Lazlo wins that one hands down. He is SUCH a spaz!

Billy is absolutely the mushiest.

Spooky walks away with the award for the grumpiest, without question. She's also the neediest.

...and just for good measure...

Chumley is the sweetest.

Ming Loy is the most playful.
Tuxedo is the most hyper and the MOST expressive with his eyes and facial expressions.

...and Flowerbelle is the cutest.

3. Who is/was the most challenging? in what way? Flowerbelle, because she requires the most attention.
After Flowerbelle is Shelly, because we have to worry about his moods if we're giving other kitties attention, we MUST make sure to include Shelly.

4. Any purebred among them? what breed? The closest thing to a "breed" in this house is a coat pattern, and that would be Chumley, as a classic tabby.
They're all DSH rescue kitties.

5. Have you ever thought about adding a particular type of cat, whether actually purebred or not, to your crew? What breed or what specific characteristics would you be looking for? Why? We don't pick our kitties, they pick us.
I don't think we've adopted a single kitty.

And, lastly, a few about your family...

1. How many siblings do you have? Where are you in the birth order?

An older brother, 7 years older than I am.
An older sister, 6 years older than I am.

2. Did you get along with your siblings as a child? Do you now?
My brother and I got along, my sister and I HATED each other, and I mean HATED. I was obviously the accident LOL, and I found out much later in life that my mom suffered postpartum depression. My family is from PA, as are all my grandparents. My brother and sister were sent to live with her parents just shortly after I was born (I was born in February), and they finished out that school year there. How hard was that on them? Then when I was two, the family moved to the suburbs of Chicago because my dad got a scholarship to get his PhD at Northwestern. So at 9/8 years old, they had to move schools again. So they were pretty close, and I hung out with my friends instead of playing outside with them when I was a kid.

She went to Univ of IL, and invited me down to visit her when she was in her 3rd year of school there. That was when we started to mend our relationship. She got married when I was a Jr. in high school, and I was her bridesmaid.

But I don't come from a close or emotional family. My mom comes from the "stoic farmer" stock, and my dad's family were all intellectuals.

But us kids... we all went our own ways. My sister and I are friendly, but not friends (she and her DH live in Birmingham where we moved my parents in 2006). I rarely talk to or see my brother (he only lives an hour away). I saw him when my niece and nephew were kids and until they went to college - but we can't stand his wife, so without the kids around, we've lost touch.

3. How close were/are you to your parents? I was never close to them, and talked to them maybe once every month or two, until Gary and I got back together. He has a different "take" on family, and we started talking every week or two because of him.
He's right - I'm glad for that now.

4. Do you have a special childhood memory you'd like to share?

Yes, one that does stand out.
Being a student/teacher/Professor, my Dad would have part of the summer off when I was a kid (it took him 7 years to get his Ph.D.), so every year we went on family camping trips (until I was about 12). One summer we camped our way to the west coast and back. I'd never been to the ocean before, and was fascinated with all the stuff on the beach - various seaweeds, shells, sand dollars &etc. My mom bagged up some seaweed for me (
). We apparently stuck it under one of the seats in the car and forgot about it. This weird slight smell got stronger and stronger on our way home... my mom found the rotten moldy seaweed when we unpacked the car.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Laurie, thanks for thoughtful and interesting answers all week. It's been a treat.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

2) Do you have any kids/grandkids? No grandkids, and of the human kind, an adopted daughter. OK - here goes. We're adopting a daughter and she needs prayers.
WOW, Laurie - I never knew anything about Naomi! I don't know how I missed seeing that thread. I didn't read the entire thing, but I got the gist of it. You and Gary truly are amazing people!
I'm just totally impressed with the two of you!
Whatever happened with Naomi? Did you get to officially adopt her? How is she doing now?

You & Gary will definitely have a special place awaiting for you in Heaven!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yup, she's legally our daughter.
Unfortunately, detoxed off the heroin, she turned out to be biplor, and is manic depressive with paranoid schizophrenia.
She has juvenile onset schizophrenia - apparently more difficult to manage than adult schizophrenia. She lives full time in a community for adult schizophrenics. One of our wealthy customers has a schizophrenic son, and he basically gifted her this when our professional lives took a turn for the worse when Gary's medical condition becamse so impaired.
She takes off from time-to-time to do some road trip and meet up with her traveler friends... (we'd met most of them, and they're not all junkies) but so far she's stayed clean and always returns.
She LOVES Ming Loy and always asks especially about her. She also loves Hello Kitty, so we always get Hello Kitty gifts for our birthdays and on Christmas LOL.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

WOWSA WOWSA!!!! I didn't expect you to answer that one, but thank you so much
Goodness, what a life you have led. I am just blown away by all of your travels. How very exciting and no wonder you are so darn intelligent. Just amazing to me. Someday, if we meet I would love to hear all about some of the places you went. Very cool
about the student exchange program and how lucky you were to take part in that.
No wonder you are a homebody now
You were a world traveler. Again, it was enjoyable reading about parts of your life
First of all, we WILL get to meet!
And second of all, hopefully Larry and Gary will like each other so we can get some alone time, because a lot of those travels were with the ex...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I'm here! I was just saying thanks!

OK.... (rolls up sleeves)

9. What's in your pocket right now?...

My keys
My cellphone
Had to count it: $8.72 (of which $1.72 is in coins LOL)
The "CTRL" key off a laptop
2 screws
1 small spring - like from a ballpoint pen
2 pieces of kibble
An inhaler
Some lint

10. Last thing that made you laugh?....
Listing all the stuff in my pockets!
about the sleves!...
that´s the attitude!..

My goodness! all those in your pocket?!!!!...
do not is heavy???

-------------------------------------------

Why Laurie?...
I mean, why your "MEOW"me put you this name?...there someone more in your family with that name?...

How was you called when you was child?
do you have a nick name as child like Pumpkin or else?...

wich one was your worst bad behavior as child as you remember?...

the day isn´t finish my friend....

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

the day isn´t finish my friend....

about the sleves!...
that´s the attitude!..

My goodness! all those in your pocket?!!!!...
do not is heavy???
Yes, quite heavy - and bulky!
I'm often clanking around!

-------------------------------------------

Why Laurie?...
I mean, why your "MEOW"me put you this name?...there someone more in your family with that name?...
I wasn't named after anyone, they just liked the name.

How was you called when you was child?
do you have a nick name as child like Pumpkin or else?...
Petunia!
(And sometimes "Piglet."
).

wich one was your worst bad behavior as child as you remember?...
I was a pretty good kid. I do remember getting in trouble, but I don't remember why. Probably because I wanted to do something or get something, and they said "No," and I tried to get my way LOL. Edited to add: definitely got in trouble for fighting with my sister LOL. She did too. I do remember stealing her Barbie Dolls... but that was because she gave my doll a hair cut... and back-and-forth it went... Of course it was always a nightmare when she was responsible for babysitting me. Thank goodness that didn't happen too often!

I didn't cause too many problems until high school... and then we negotiated a truce. My parents weren't big into punishment, but played the "make Laurie feel guilty" card really well LOL. I used to go out the window to head out with friends. They didn't notice for a couple of years. When they did, we agreed that I didn't need a "curfew" anymore, but if I was going to be out late, I should at least call to let them know where I was.
I figured I could manage that.

It all worked out in the end. They shouldn't have trusted me in high school LOL, but I became a responsible adult, so I guess they made the right decisions along the way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttt....
Muahahahaha!...

I have enjoy this week my friend!....

--------------------
1.-DO you?...

2.- FINAL LAST WORDS, do you have any message for the forum?...
the microphone is all yours!...

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Yup, she's legally our daughter.
Unfortunately, detoxed off the heroin, she turned out to be biplor, and is manic depressive with paranoid schizophrenia.
She has juvenile onset schizophrenia - apparently more difficult to manage than adult schizophrenia. She lives full time in a community for adult schizophrenics. One of our wealthy customers has a schizophrenic son, and he basically gifted her this when our professional lives took a turn for the worse when Gary's medical condition becamse so impaired.
She takes off from time-to-time to do some road trip and meet up with her traveler friends... (we'd met most of them, and they're not all junkies) but so far she's stayed clean and always returns.
She LOVES Ming Loy and always asks especially about her. She also loves Hello Kitty, so we always get Hello Kitty gifts for our birthdays and on Christmas LOL.
Laurie,
to you and Gary. I have a real soft-spot for people suffering from mental illness. I am thankful that to date, people suffering are getting more quality care than thirty years ago where a person was just "put away" somewhere. Now things have changed, and I am happy for all of these people. The mind/brain can get sick, just like a kidney, heart or anyother body part. How incredibly generous that one of your wealthy customers stepped up to offer financial assistance for Naomi to live in that community place. And it doesn't surprise me to hear that Naomi is drawn to Ming Loy.
You two ARE amazing people. I will say a pray for Naomi today, just because
. And what a beautiful name.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

First of all, we WILL get to meet!
And second of all, hopefully Larry and Gary will like each other so we can get some alone time, because a lot of those travels were with the ex...
OH!! I am positive Larry and Garry (oops, Gary
) will get along. How could they not, their names are very similar, they both are extremely intelligent and brilliant, both love cats and their wives ( a package deal
), and I have never met anyone who didn't like Larry. Can't wait for that day...........................

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

OH!! I am positive Larry and Garry (oops, Gary
) will get along. How could they not, their names are very similar, they both are extremely intelligent and brilliant, both love cats and their wives ( a package deal
), and I have never met anyone who didn't like Larry. Can't wait for that day...........................
BTW, as Laurie and Gary, we often get people saying "Gory" or "Larry."

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttt....
Muahahahaha!...

I have enjoy this week my friend!....

--------------------
1.-DO you?...

2.- FINAL LAST WORDS, do you have any message for the forum?...
the microphone is all yours!...

Thank you, Rigel! Yes, I had lots of fun!

And once again, thanks to everyone who participated! It was fun and challenging at times!