Member under spotlight 02-08 November 09.. MomofMany!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1.- How many cats have you ever had in your enterely life?
Count the names in the next question. It does include some of the feral cats that we cared for over the years.

2.- could you tell us the name of the list above?
Josephine, Little Joe, Blackie, Lucy, Stephanie, Hippocrates, Boogie, Lucy, Max, Natasha, Bogart, Boris, Samantha, Sebastian, Little Mom, Shep, Indie, Pale Face, Larry, Mary, Blackie, Tan Foot, Stumpy, Tigger, Eightball, Molly, Head, Bob Marley, TJ, Evil-Anti-Shep, T2, Pinky, Ruby, Scarlett, Twinkletoes, Maggie, Angus, Shawn, Morrison, Hendrix, Janis, Flashback, Muddy, Koko, Elwood, Jake, Lucky, Sage, Dakota, Spanky, Oscar, Billie.

I know I've missed a few. I didn't count feral kittens that were lost at a very young age.

And as an added bonus, my dogs:
Rex, Reggie, Ellie Mae, Jethro, Nita, Doug, Tyler, Rusty, Boomer, Sam, Spike and Lola.

3.- Do you have any preference about of Breeds of cats?
your basic mogie

4.- Do you dream with cats when you sleeps?
I rarely remember dreams, but have recalled waking up in a sweat when I've dreamed of harm coming to them.

5.- Have you ever to give catnip at your kittys to play?
I make catnip toys. The trick is keeping them away from them. They were so happy when my last pound of catnip shipment came in.

6.- Wich brand do you prefer to give at your kitty in Wet and Dry food to eat?
I'd love it if they all liked wet. We're mostly on prescription foods here due to health issues. Stumpy gets dog food because he's old, has been sick for the last 12 years, and it has put his disease in remission. Who am I to question it?

7.- Would you like to work like a volunteer on a Cat shelter?
I've done it. My preference these days is doing fundraising for No More Homeless Pets.

another stuffs...
8.- Wich one is your favourite colour to wear?
Earth tones or turquoise.

9.- Do you have some earrings with shape of cat?
I can't wear pierced earrings and I've never found clip ons with cats.

10.- do you have some blouse with stamps of cats?
I own an embroidery machine. I have a number of shirts with cats on them! Oh Rigel - you need to go look at my website sometime!

11.- do you collect or you have handcraft of kittys?
Other than my shirt collection, I have cats on purses, tote bags, and placemats. I have 3 sets of cat salt/pepper shakers, and a few figurines.

12.- how many purses do you have?
About 6. I used to own a lot more but there's no sense in keeping something I'm never going to use.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Promised you a few more. Here they are...

There have been many kitties in your life.

1. Who is/was your heart kitty?

2. Who is/was the silliest? the mushiest? the grumpiest?

3. Who is/was the most challenging? in what way?

They're pretty much all (if not all) rescues, right?

1. Any purebred among them? what breed?

2. Have you ever thought about adding a particular type of cat, whether actually purebed or not, to your crew? What breed or what specific characteristics would you be looking for? Why?

Auntie Em

1. How long have you been doing your Auntie Em stuff?

2. What was the first product you designed and marketed?

3. What has been your most popular?

4. What's your own favourite? Your kitties' favourite?

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No questions from me, just wanted to say I am really enjoying your answers. Loved the poker story.

Also, LOL to pattern #30 cats on your embroidery. Looks like how I feel most days. I need that on a shirt!

Your embroidery stuff is amazing.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There have been many kitties in your life.

1. Who is/was your heart kitty?
Hippocrates, the first cat that I adopted when I got my first apartment. Bogart was a close second.

2. Who is/was the silliest? Eightball - he's clearly not a normal cat
the mushiest? Hippocrates and Bogart - perhaps they were my heart cats
the grumpiest? Tigger - all the cats celebrated when I lost him to heart disease. Seriously.

3. Who is/was the most challenging? in what way?
Stumpy. He's not only the most stubborn cat that I've ever come across, he's been plagued with an auto immune disease for the last 12 years. He's a cat that if you pointed a finger at him when you scolded him, he would bite it. He's also been alpha cat for over 12 years.

They're pretty much all (if not all) rescues, right?
I actually bought Hippocrates at a pet store, but those were in the days that pet stores actually sold the litter of kittens that some one in the neighborhood had. I think I paid $5 for him. All of the rest were/are rescues.

1. Any purebred among them? what breed?
Max was a manx, but I got him from a shelter. I love Manx's!

2. Have you ever thought about adding a particular type of cat, whether actually purebed or not, to your crew? What breed or what specific characteristics would you be looking for? Why?
I fostered a Manx once in the hopes that she would fit in with my crew. She was so over poweringly strong willed, that everyone took an instant dislike to her. I was glad when she got adopted. If I ever get to a point in life where I don't have a lot of cats and don't live in a place where cats are dumped on me, I would look for a Manx.

Auntie Em

1. How long have you been doing your Auntie Em stuff?
Since October, 2003

2. What was the first product you designed and marketed?
I actually made about 6 different things originally, then weeded most of them out for Catnip Crazies. They are the perfect toys to donate to shelters for fundraisers as they don't take up a lot of room. I've donated hundreds of those to shelters over the years.

3. What has been your most popular?
The most sold are Catnip Buddies, but I use those for fundraisers all the time. The ones that are most popular out of fundraisers are the Catnip Crazies, followed by the Kitty Cuddlers.

I was giving out the small toys in The Six Pack for a long time now, and had such positive feedback that I packaged them up and just put those on my site. People tell me that even though the toy looks basically dead after long hard use, their cats won't give them up.

I also made a very cool tent for a while and while I sold it for $50, a retail store was selling them for $90. I couldn't make them fast enough for them but stopped doing it because they made far more off of them than I did. That tent also did very well at cat shows - they fit into show kennels very nicely. There are some pictures of them on the Satisfied Customer page. I may consider carrying these again someday when I have more time.

4. What's your own favourite? Your kitties' favourite?
For cat toys, I love Da Bomb. My cats like that one the best also, and their second favorite are Catnip Buddies.

For beds, I've been using The Box Bed for the last 5 years. I make them to fit inside my kennels and they are absolutely perfect for them. I have cats that get car sick and they fit so snug that all I have to do is pull it out and throw it in the washer. I rarely have to clean out the kennel. When I had a friend test these out for me (I always have other cats test my products also), she immediately asked for 3 more.

For dog toys, my kids absolutely love the Wild n' Woolies. They are their snuggle toys.

And one last plug - I'm really totally excited about my new embroidery products. Stitching out those designs gives me a big smile on my face.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittymonsters

Also, LOL to pattern #30 cats on your embroidery. Looks like how I feel most days. I need that on a shirt!
That can be arranged (look at Members Market Place)!!
I actually haven't stitched that one out yet, so am really interested in how it's going to look when its done. I purchased the patterns from good design companies, and everything has turned out wonderful thus far.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

How do you define TCS?...
I will assume that the intent of this question is: what does TCS mean to me?

I found this site over 6 years ago when I, like so many others that come here, was struggling to find answers to a problem that I had never encountered before. In my case it was FeLV in both my feral colony and my household.

What I found was a group of people that were not judgemental (well, there are a few of them here, but I can recognize those people in a crowd), and seemed to honestly want to help me. Being like minded, I wanted to help others in return.

I'm a generous person by nature, and when people ask me what they can do for me in return of a good deed, I simply tell them to "pay it forward". Do a good deed for another without expecting anything in return, and good will return to you in the long run. Even if that good is a sense of pride that you've helped someone get thru a problem that they could not previously solve, that you've made someone else's life a little bit better.

The Cat Site epitomizes selfless deeds by complete strangers, and therefore supports the values I was raised with in life. I think there are a few people here that can attest to that. I give credit to my mom and dad.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amy,

I must say, you've been an awesome spotlight member and it has been great for us readers. You are a good sport, and a wonderful person. Thank you for that, you've enriched so many peoples lives with the things you have done.

And on that note: my question for this post is..................

Boxers or Briefs?
Panties or commando?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How come these questions don't surprise me in the least?

Boxers or Briefs?
I assume you are referring to DH here. In that case, commando

Panties or commando?
And I assume you are referring to me here. In that case, panties

If you are talking about my preferences, see the above.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I will assume that the intent of this question is: what does TCS mean to me?

I found this site over 6 years ago when I, like so many others that come here, was struggling to find answers to a problem that I had never encountered before. In my case it was FeLV in both my feral colony and my household.

What I found was a group of people that were not judgemental (well, there are a few of them here, but I can recognize those people in a crowd), and seemed to honestly want to help me. Being like minded, I wanted to help others in return.

I'm a generous person by nature, and when people ask me what they can do for me in return of a good deed, I simply tell them to "pay it forward". Do a good deed for another without expecting anything in return, and good will return to you in the long run. Even if that good is a sense of pride that you've helped someone get thru a problem that they could not previously solve, that you've made someone else's life a little bit better.

The Cat Site epitomizes selfless deeds by complete strangers, and therefore supports the values I was raised with in life. I think there are a few people here that can attest to that. I give credit to my mom and dad.
My goodneess, a really wonderful way to express your self about our lovely site...
, now this words has a place in my heart!..........

Let see for the last day...

Are you want to leave us a Message Amy?...I mean something that you want to say us here in public?, ...did you want to share some with us?.....something that you want to tell us and Maybe miss on the questions?....Here´s the microphone my friend!...

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Let see for the last day...

Are you want to leave us a Message Amy?...I mean something that you want to say us here in public?, ...did you want to share some with us?.....something that you want to tell us and Maybe miss on the questions?....Here´s the microphone my friend!...
I think my previous answer to your question on what TCS means to me is a good wrap. If someone thinks of a question that they would have liked to have asked, just PM me.