Member under Spotlight 01-07 March...Winchester...!!!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
There's a little food in this set, but it's mostly a hodgepodge...

1. Do you like veggies? What is your favourite?

I love veggies, any veggies. I like to mix pasta with beans and veggies, or make a veggie stir-fry. I can eat salads until I'm green in the face. I love zucchini, spinach, and broccoli. With some tomatoes thrown in the mix, too.

2. Are your grandparents still alive? Do/did you know them well?

My maternal grandmother was the only grandparent I really remember. She died at the age of 96...I was 28. She was really my great-grandmother, but that's a long story. Anyway, I adored her. The day school left out in the summer, I'd go to my grandma's house and I stayed with her until the day before school started in the fall. All of my school vacations were spent with her, too.

She had this great big old house with a huge front porch where my cousin and I would have tea parties in the afternoon. I can remember waking up in the morning. She was always baking something and the smells that came up the stairs from her kitchen were amazing. She made the best sugar cookies and sand tarts. Nobody ever made sticky buns like my grandma.

Remember when Cool Cat asked me if I played a musical instrument and I mentioned my piano lessons? Well, my cousin had a piano, too, so part of the deal with me spending the summers with Grandma was that I continue my lessons. Back then, the teacher came to our house; we didn't go to his. So he would make the trip to my cousin's house and I would have my lesson every Saturday morning.

3. When you have a 'lazy' morning, how late do you sleep in?

A lazy morning for me is sleeping in until around 7:30 or 8:00. That's all the cats will allow.
And they're not real happy about that.

4. Do you drive? Do you like to or is it a necessary evil?

I love to drive. Since DH is an epileptic, I do most of the driving and I don't mind it at all. He can drive as the epilepsy is well under control. But we got used to me driving. Since I don't fly, I have to drive everywhere. We've gone to the midwest several times, Florida and some of the southern states, through New England, into Canada, etc. I do most of the driving.

5. What is your first language? What others do you know - not necessarily fluently, but enough to be understood?

English. I took some French and German in high school and one Italian class in college. I can't speak Italian, though, to save my life!

6. How do you like your eggs cooked?

Omelet with lots of fresh veggies.

7. What is your favourite type of movie?

Usually sci-fi. I'm not into romance movies or "chick flicks" as my co-workers call them.

8. When you go to a movie do you stay to read the credits?

Not usually. Actually, we don't go to the movies that often. We'll rent from a video store or through our cable. DH and I just watched Julie and Julia last Saturday. I fell in love with both of the women. Meryl Streep played Julia Child to the T...she had her down pat. And Amy Adams was a hoot. DH knows that I'm a big Julia Child fan, so that's why we watched the movie.

9. What behaviour would you ask your cats to explain, if they could speak?

Bootser, why do you insist on meowing at 3:00 every morning? It's not time for breakfast. You're back in bed with us. Sitting at the foot of the bed and meowing isn't getting anybody anything but frustrated! Why, Bootser, why??

Good questions.....thank you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi
how is your day today?...I hope fine!....
let see for today
…The topic of today going to be Movies!

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Movies?
2.- Do you collect DVD´s or VHS??,….How many do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Male?
4.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Female?
5.- Have you ever to participated in some Special Event of your favourite artist?
6.- Have you ever to saw in live to some artist? ( I mean is some restaurant, buying at mall or in some resort?)

7.- Do you like to watch the Oscar Awards, the Grammys, the Emmys, the People choice etc?

8.- Have you ever to participated in a role in a Theather representation? ( maybe just for fun or when you was on School?) …

9.- If you could to meet to some artist wich one would be and say us why!...

10.- Would you like to live next at some artist (? ( I mean for example your neighboor would be a TV anchor or else?)…

Cheers my friend…

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, then, how about some Kitty questions?

Of all the kitties in your life...

1. Who is/was your heart kitty?

2. Who is/was the silliest? the mushiest? the grumpiest?

3. Who is/was the most challenging? in what way?

4. Any purebred among them? what breed?

5. Have you ever thought about adding a particular type of cat, whether actually purebred or not, to your crew? What breed or what specific characteristics would you be looking for? Why?

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
me again

Just a random selection again

If you had to pick just one sport to be really good at what would it be?

Who is you favourite Winnie the Poo character?

What is your all time favourite cartoon?

Do you have a favourite musical instrument?

Do you have a favourite gemstone? and why?

Do you prefer 12hour colock or 24 hour clock?

What would be your perfect breakfast?

Do you prefer boiled sweets/candy or chocolate?

Do you like gardening?

Do you have any wierd and wonderful hobbies?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good morning, CoolCat! I'm feeling well this morning and I think it's going to be a good day!

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Movies?

I'd say Sci-Fi, more so than the others

2.- Do you collect DVD´s or VHS??,….How many do you have?

Not really. We do have the Harry Potter DVDs. I have all the Supernatural seasons. Oh, and the first and only season of Moonlight. I loved Moonlight and still watch it.

3.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Male?

I don't really have a favorite actor. I like Alex O'Laughlin. You know, I really have to think about this because I don't have a favorite one.

4.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Female?

I don't really have a favorite female actor either.

5.- Have you ever to participated in some Special Event of your favourite artist?

I don't think so. I did meet Alton Brown at a food show several years. He even gave me a hug! He's on the Food Network....does that count?

6.- Have you ever to saw in live to some artist? ( I mean is some restaurant, buying at mall or in some resort?)

I don't think so.

7.- Do you like to watch the Oscar Awards, the Grammys, the Emmys, the People choice etc?

Definitely not.

8.- Have you ever to participated in a role in a Theather representation? ( maybe just for fun or when you was on School?) …

I portrayed a little Dutch girl in a play when I was in school. But I kept tripping in the wooden shoes.

9.- If you could to meet to some artist wich one would be and say us why!...

I'm not really in to movies or tv actors, so there aren't any I would like to meet. However, Ina Garten is a cook....I would dearly love to meet her. I'd like her to make me dinner. But I'd probably be so nervous I wouldn't be able to eat anything.

10.- Would you like to live next at some artist (? ( I mean for example your neighboor would be a TV anchor or else?)……

Yes, I would like to live next door to a really good chef and be invited there for dinner on a regular basis!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
1. Who is/was your heart kitty?

Her name was Banshee and she had my heart from the first day we brought her home when she was about five weeks old. She was a silver blotched tabby with white paws, a white bib, and a fluffy white belly that she loved us to caress.

Banshee loved to share DH's breakfast banana. She loved cantaloupes and mangoes. DH eats a bowl of cereal every night before he goes to bed; Banshee's favorite cereal was shredded wheat, but she also ate Honey Bunches of Oats. She would be fast asleep in bed, but as soon as that cereal box was moved in the kitchen, she flew out there to get her share.

As soon as a turkey or chicken was put into the oven, Banshee would sit in front of the oven door, waiting for it to come back out. And when while we were carving the bird, she would sit on the floor next to us and yell for her share. DH called her our Chicken Hawk.

No matter what I was doing, Banshee had to supurrvise. Baking in the kitchen? She was lying on her chair, watching. If I was on the computer, she was either on my lap or sitting in her chair next to me. If it got too late at night, she'd start yelling at me that it was past her bedtime and just what was I going to do about that? And off we'd go to bed.

She slept in my arms at night. She liked to have the bed covers over her and if the covers came off of her during the night, she'd pat my face to wake me up, so that I'd put the covers back. If she was on the couch with DH and I fell asleep in bed, she would come back and pat my neck and hair until I would get awake, so that I could bring her in next to me and then she'd purr us both to sleep. DH said it got to the point where I would roll over, grab her and tuck her in next to me and pull the covers up over us....and never wake up.

If she was eating breakfast and I'd come out the hallway, that girl would leave her breakfast to come back say Good Morning to me. Then she'd rush back to the kitchen to finish her food. If she was eating her dinner when I got home from work, she did the same thing. Run into the living room, say Hi Mom! and run back to the kitchen.

She loved DH very much, but she adored me. And I loved her so much. When I was exercising, I was afraid that I'd hit her with a dumbbell when I was on the floor, so I always took her out to DH on the couch. And then I'd shut the bedroom door so she couldn't come back. She wasn't amused by that in the slightest. As soon as I was done, I'd open the door and she'd come flying back the hallway to me. If I took longer than she thought was necessary, she'd come back and body-slam the door, trying to get in the bedroom.

Banshee had feline asthma and then she developed thyroid problems. We were trying to get her thyroid under control. I came home from work one afteroon and found her on the kitchen floor...we think she had a heart attack. That was in August of 2009. I still miss her so much. You wouldn't think that with five other cats in the house, that we would still have a huge hole in our hearts from her loss. But we miss her.

I could tell you stories of that girl forever, she was that special. We always said that we might have 100 cats in our lifetime, but she was that one special little girl. There will only ever be only one Queen B.

(And now I'm sitting here in tears....)

2. Who is/was the silliest? the mushiest? the grumpiest?

BooBoo is our silliest cat. I had posted a picture of him walking along the top of the bedroom door. He likes to help his dad with household tasks. He loves to go for Basement Tours....he walks down the steps to the basement door and starts to holler. Then I go down, pick him up, and we go tour the basement. "This is the light." "This is the water heater." And so on. It lasts about 15 minutes or so. Then we go back upstairs and he's happy. BooBoo and I bounce....I had mentioned that before. He has his Treat Machine. He likes to walk around the house with sparkle balls in his mouth. The Boy isn't right!

Hydrox, the Old Coot, was our Mr. Grump. As he got older, he became more cantankerous. He was an only cat for about 14 years, so when Banshee came into the house, he was not amused. And then when Whisper came in, he was angry. And then Whisper had kittens, he just gave up. Kittens are very rambunctious, and there were times when they were running all over the living room, he'd jump onto the television, and sit there watching disdainfully. It was like he was trying to figure out how all that happened. "One day, I was the king of everything here; now this. What the hell happened here?" We have a picture of him with just that look on his face. It's hilarious.

Whisper adored Hydrox and we used to say that he was her Man. She would wait until he went to sleep, then she'd go over and lay next to him. He wouldn't know she was there until he woke up, then he see her, give a loud snort, and run to another part of the living room. She'd wait until he went back to sleep, then she'd go there, too. And the whole thing would repeat. He'd smack her, but she didn't care. And when the vet came to our house to put Hydrox to sleep on the foot of our bed, Whisper was right there with him to help him to the Bridge. She licked his face the whole time. And then when he died, she lay down next to him for awhile before she left the bed.

3. Who is/was the most challenging? in what way?

Amber Louise is our challenging girl. She is seven years old now and the most skittish, nervous cat I've ever known. She will only eat if all the planets are in direct alignment (I'm kidding, but only about half. Honest). The slightest movement and she's out of the kitchen. My son has only seen her once in the seven years she's been here. Her nickname is the Phantom Kitty. She exists, she really does, but nobody else sees her....as soon as a car comes up the driveway, she's gone. She's a pretty orange tabby with gorgeous markings and little tufts of hair at her eartips.

4. Any purebred among them? what breed?

They are all just regular cats. Well, they're not just regular cats, but you know what I mean.

5. Have you ever thought about adding a particular type of cat, whether actually purebred or not, to your crew? What breed or what specific characteristics would you be looking for? Why?

I would love to have a Maine Coon. I think they're beautiful cats and I love their markings. They're a gentle breed, not really a lap cat, from what I've been told, but they are very loyal and like to follow their people around the house. And they're just really pretty.

We've been looking for a MC mix at some of the shelters in the area, but haven't been very lucky.

That being said, we had taken BooBoo and Bootser to the vet on Tuesday night and there was a litter of five kittens with their mama there. The receptionist knew about Banshee's death and she asked me if I wanted to see the babies. She and I went back and there were 3 tigers, 1 grey kitty, and a tortie. They're about 3 weeks old.

I took the lightest of the 3 tigers, picked her up, and cuddled her against my chest. She sat there and stared at me. No meow, no squeak. Just staring. The receptionist gave me the other two tigers and they fussed a little bit. Not the little girl. She just sat there staring at me and me staring at her. The mama called for her babies and the other two really started to squeak to go back to their mom. Not her...she just looked at me. Finally when the receptionist took her back, she started to fuss. One of the doctors was back there and he looked at me and said, "Pam, I think she's just found a new mom!"

We pick her up around the end of March.

Sometimes it's not what you want.....sometimes it's what SHE wants.

And now I wrote a long book again and I apologize.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi
It´s me again!...
...., how is your day today?...I hope fine!....
....I can see that someone has done their home work!...
..... let see for now
…Ready for another set?....
...The topic of now is of General stuffs around you life...

1.- Wich one is the most crazy thing that have you ever do it???? ( I mean for example, Jump in parachute, Take a Snake live, Jump in Bungee etc)
2.- Do you have indor plants at home?
3.- If you can travel in time and to meet to some historycal person WHO would be and Tell us why?...

4.- If you have the money power to move to some part of the world ( of course with your kittys) wich place would be and why.....
5.- What is the thing that really anoy you on the persons.......( for example: the hypocresy, the envy etc)

6.- Are you Religious?

7.- Favourite Salad?

8.- favourite pop soda?

9.- Choose one would you prefer to watch Sunrise
or Sunset and tell us why......
10.- Do you have a car? wich type is it?....

Have a nice afternoon my friend!....

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
1.- Wich one is the most crazy thing that have you ever do it???? ( I mean for example, Jump in parachute, Take a Snake live, Jump in Bungee etc)

Well, about 15 years or so ago, DH and I were camping at a local state park. We decided to go skinny dipping....and the ranger found us. He was pretty nice about everything, but I was mortified. DH thought it was hilarious.

2.- Do you have indor plants at home?

Oh gosh, no. The furkids would never allow plants. Hydrox used to pee in my larger planters. DH finally had to wire the tops of the planters with chicken wire, so he was forced back into his litter box. The kids we have now will eat them. To them, plants = lunch!

3.- If you can travel in time and to meet to some historycal person WHO would be and Tell us why?...

Jane Addams. Everbody knows that she was the founder of Hull House. But she was also active in the labor movement in the United States. She pioneered for labor reform, particularly for women and for children. She helped with voting priviledges for women, too.

The union is an important part of our lives. I am no longer in a union, but was involved for 18 years in the Paperworkers. DH is actively involved in his Carpenters union, both locally and nationally. We both believe in the power of a strong, educated union.

4.- If you have the money power to move to some part of the world ( of course with your kittys) wich place would be and why.....

Either Ireland or perhaps somewhere around the Mediterranean. I've watched House Hunters International and that area is just gorgeous. Warm, too....I can do warm. With Ireland, it's the beauty of the area.

5.- What is the thing that really anoy you on the persons.......( for example: the hypocresy, the envy etc)

I've met people who only like me if I agree with everything they say. As soon as I disagree with them, I'm on their "list" and then they hate me. It's like I'm not allowed to have a mind or an opinion of my own. I have to agree with everything they say or I'm nothing. It's difficult to deal with after a while.

6.- Are you Religious?

I don't know. (sorry). I believe that there's something out there, but I just don't know what that "something" is. I have a hard time with blind faith and believing something just because it says so in the Bible. I have a hard time with religion period.

7.- Favourite Salad?

It's usually my layered salad. I simply layer lettuce, onions, celery, slivered red and green peppers, chopped broccoli and cauliflower, chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, a handful or two of frozen peas, whatever I have on hand in the fridge into a pretty glass bowl. Then I make a dressing of light mayo, light sour cream, red wine vinegar, some Dijon, and sometimes sugar or Splenda. A good grind or two of black pepper. The dressing is spread onto the salad almost like a frosting. Then I sprinkle low-fat shredded Cheddar or whatever cheese(s) I have on hand over the dressing. Sometimes I add chopped turkey bacon. I chill it well for the flavors to mingle. It's just delicious.

At family dinners, my sister and brother fight over this salad. They like it, too. My sister makes sure the salad bowl is placed right where she will sit at the table, much to my brother's dismay. And there's a lot of yelling going on. (And keep in mind, all three of us are in our 50s, but we all act like children sometimes.

8.- favourite pop soda?

Pepsi, please. No diet, no caffeine free. Just Pepsi. Please!!

9.- Choose one would you prefer to watch Sunrise or Sunset and tell us why......

It depends. We spent a week in Myrtle Beach a few years ago and our room was right on the ocean. DH had meetings in the morning, but I was able to stay in the room for awhile. I would make my coffee and take it outside to sit on the balcony and watch the sun rise over the ocean. It was just beautiful. And then, usually around 8 0r 9:00, a school of dolphins would swim down through and I'd sit and watch them, too. (DH took a beautiful picture of a sunrise over the ocean. For Christmas that year, I had the picture enlarged and had it framed and then gave it to him. It's hanging in our bedroom.)

Of course, at that same time, several nights, DH and I went for a walk on the beach and watched the moon come up. It was full moon at that time and the sight of that big moon rising from the ocean was glorious.

At home? I love the sunsets. We live in a very rural area, so we have mountains and hills around us. The reds and purples of our sunsets are lovely. Banshee and I used to sit out at night and watch the sun going down. Well, I watched the sunset; she watched the bugs.

10.- Do you have a car? wich type is it?....

I have a 2001 PT Cruiser in red (My co-worker calls the color "Arrest-Me-Red; I guess the police tend to check out red cars more often or something). His name is Clarence. Five-speed, sound system, moon roof. He's a great little car. He's never given us any trouble, other than the fact that he's not good in the snow. (DH has a Toyota Tundra, so when we get bad weather, he hauls my butt back and forth to work). Clarence is comfortable. When we went to Iowa the first time, we took my MIL with us b/c she has relatives there. She loved riding in him. I like zooming around town in him.

(I used to be a zoning officer. When people needed to ask me questions, sometimes they didn't know my name. But they would say to our receptionist, "I don't remember her name, but she loves cats and she drives a red Cruiser!" (My office is decorated with cat things.)

We're looking at cars now, but to be honest, I haven't really seen much out there that I like. I usually keep my vehicles for about 10 years or so, so the car has to be something I'm going to enjoy driving for a long time. I keep going back to the new Buick LaCrosse. We were going to test-drive one the other weekend, but it snowed and we didn't make it to the dealership. I may just wait until next year and buy a leftover 2010. I do like the LaCrosse; it's a nice-looking car.

Thanks Cool Cat!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What about a quickly set right now?...

1. Have you ever to sleeped on satin sheets?

2. Can you whistle?..

3. Favorite color?...
4. Would you be a Pirate? (Disguise for Halloween…..arrrrrrrrrrgh!)…

5. What songs do you sing in the shower?...

6. Favorite Girl's Name?...

7. Favorite Baseball Team?..

8. Favorite boy's name?...

9. What's in your pocket right now?...

10. Last thing that made you laugh?....

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! And here we go.....

1. Have you ever to sleeped on satin sheets?

Yes, we have a pair of emerald green satin sheets. We don't use them that much anymore because the cats don't seem to like them. (And how weird is that that we don't use those sheets because our cats don't like them??)

2. Can you whistle?..

Not well!

3. Favorite color?...

A deep, dark blood red

4. Would you be a Pirate? (Disguise for Halloween…..arrrrrrrrrrgh!)…

Actually, DH makes a very good pirate.....he was one several years ago with the black eye patch, parrot on his shoulder, etc. He is better than I would be.

5. What songs do you sing in the shower?...

I don't sing in the shower. Honest.

6. Favorite Girl's Name?...

Don't have one.

7. Favorite Baseball Team?..

I don't watch sports. At all.

8. Favorite boy's name?...

Don't have one....I'm not doing very well!

9. What's in your pocket right now?...

$15.00. My GF and I may go out for Chinese today over lunch.

10. Last thing that made you laugh?....

One of my co-workers has been having a hodge-podge of car problems, so he hasn't been to work on time at all this week and he's come up with all these reasons: locked his keys in his car, flat tire, tire alignment at the garage...you name it, he's had it happen this week. My other co-worker came in this morning and said that he had started a pool to figure out what our buddy's car problem will be this morning; for $5, we can state a reason why he'll be late. The way he came into my office and started talking about it, I laughed out loud.

I work with two male co-workers; one is a community planner and the other is a recycling coordinator. And they're both utterly hilarious. We may not get much work done around here sometimes, but we really do have a great time.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
brilliant answers my friend!...

your daily torment!...

1. Can you drive a motorcicle?...

2 Worst injury you've ever had?...

3. Do you love where you live?...

4. How many TVs do you have in your house?....

5. Who is your loudest friend?...

6. Do you have any pets?(apart of your kitts of course
)…....

7. Does someone have a crush on you?...

8. Your favorite book(s)?

9. Do you collect anything?...
10. What song do you want played at your funeral?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Still enjoying your answers, but a little pinched for time. I'll be back tomorrow with more questions.

dave t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey, someone I know!

Sort of, at least.
What a fun thread/concept. I'll pore through your answers over lunch.

Good stuff!

Dave

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Will answer these quickly before I leave for lunch.....

1. Can you drive a motorcicle?...

No. Geez, I'd kill myself. My BIL has an old Triumph and I'll ride on it, but I've never driven it.

2 Worst injury you've ever had?...

When I was about 10 or so, I was riding a bike with very narrow tires. I hit a large rock and went down on my left kneecap. Somehow the kneecap got twisted or something and the pain was very bad. My cousin was a nurse and she came running. She told me "This is going to hurt", grabbed my kneecap and yanked. And oh yeah, it hurt. To this day, that darn knee gives me problems. But I've been very lucky since that's really the worst injury I've ever had in my life.

I did total one of my cars. I was flying along the road when I lost control because I wasn't paying attention. I hit a tree stump and the car flipped (not side to side, but end over end). I hit the second tree stump and the car flipped again. I was going into the third flip when I hit a house. The car landed on the driver's side and there I sat looking up at the stars through the passenger window. There was a small space between the drivers window and the ground and I was able to crawl out the window. Got up, brushed myself off, knocked on the door, and when the guy opened the door, I said, "Ummm, I hit your house!" I called my DH and he and I went to the ER and all they had to do was pull some glass out of my left cheek....I still have the scar. They did tests, but I was fine, other than a concussion. I was very lucky because I wasn't wearing a seatbelt at the time. That was my worst accident, even though I wasn't really hurt.

3. Do you love where you live?...

Overall, yes. Really I do. But we get the cold weather and the snow and the older I get, the more I really hate the snow. But as I've said before, it's in a fairly rural area and we have lots of hills and mountains and wildlife. We have a beautiful view from our front window. There are deer in our backyard and we used to see a mama raccoon with her kids toddling up the hill in our front yard. There was a bear around here, too awhile back. It's just really pretty.

That being said, our kids have been thinking of moving to North Carolina and came very close to doing that before the economy tanked. If they do, it probably wouldn't take much for us to follow them there. Particularly once we retire. I was born in North Carolina at Camp LeJeune; Dad was in the Marines.

4. How many TVs do you have in your house?....

Two, one in the living room and we just bought a new tv last for the bedroom. DH watches the one in the living room; the bedroom tv is for me. When we rent movies, we watch them in the bedroom. Very comfy and the cats like it, too. I'd like to get a tv for in the basement, so I could do more exercises there....exercise is boring if I'm not watching tv or a dvd.

5. Who is your loudest friend?...

Barb! She works in the same building I do and, honestly, people can always tell when the two of us are together because they can hear us laughing all over the building. We say that we share the same brain and that the brain is usually up somewhere circling Pluto...we're both completely scatterbrained sometimes. She's a blonde, so I can understand it (and I remind her of that constantly, much to her chagrin); me, I'm a redhead, so we're not sure what's going on with me. Unless she's rubbed off on me. But we have a good time. We've gone away together on shopping weekends, we go out to lunch sometimes and we get together with our DHs for dinner.

6. Do you have any pets?(apart of your kitts of course )…....

No, it's strictly a feline household.
Many years ago B.C. (Before Cats), we had an Alaskan Malemute, who was quite the character. We had to have him put to sleep because of cancer; it broke my heart. His ashes are buried in the flower bed in the front yard. We wouldn't mind sharing the house with a dog, but not while DH and I are both still working.

7. Does someone have a crush on you?...

Well, I hope my DH still does!

8. Your favorite book(s)?

I've loved Alice in Wonderland since I was a young child.

9. Do you collect anything?...

I collect Fantastic Four comic books. The oldest one I have is #4 and I actually found that one at a yard sale many, many years ago for 50 cents! I also collect bells and have them displayed throughout the living room and in the kitchen. The one bell that I do not have (and I'm not sure why) is one of a cat.

10. What song do you want played at your funeral?

Oh geez, I have no idea!

And now....off to lunch!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dave T

Hey, someone I know!

Sort of, at least.
What a fun thread/concept. I'll pore through your answers over lunch.

Good stuff!

Dave
Busted!! Hi Dave!!

Uh, I'm not walking today over lunch; we're going out for Chinese instead. But I promise to hit the treadmill tonight!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Who is my favorite character? I always liked Reed Richards' ability to stretch into any shape. He could have 3 mile arms if he needed to! Now, how cool is that?

I'm a Silver Surfer fan, too.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry....I missed these!

If you had to pick just one sport to be really good at what would it be?

I really don't like sports. Although I love to walk and run and used to be good at running when I was in school. I have a bad knee that likes to turn sometimes, so I have to be careful about running. But I guess a long distance runner....with a good knee.

Who is you favourite Winnie the Poo character?

I like Tigger

What is your all time favourite cartoon?

I used to watch Felix the Cat. Oh, and Speed Racer. For comic book cartoons, I love Calvin and Hobbes and was very disappointed when Watterson stopped writing the strip. I can understand his reasons, but I really did enjoy it.

Do you have a favourite musical instrument?

Anything but the piano! J/K. Now that I'm older, I would love start taking lessons again.

Do you have a favourite gemstone? and why?

I like garnet. It is my birthstone, but I also love the deep reds of the garnet.

Do you prefer 12hour colock or 24 hour clock?

It doesn't matter.

What would be your perfect breakfast?

An omelet with lots of fresh veggies. A slice of really good ham. Rye toast. OJ. And lots of high-octane coffee.

Do you prefer boiled sweets/candy or chocolate?

Oh dear heavens, give me chocolate!! Please!

Do you like gardening?

We do enjoy gardening. I have to be careful because I have a bad back, so I can't shovel a lot of soil. I even like weeding on a perfect spring day. We had a vegetable garden many years ago, but gave it up because we didn't have the time for it. We keep thinking that we should start a new veggie garden.

We have several flowerbeds in the yard. And DH has promised me that we'll work on a new bed in the front yard this spring. I'd like to create a moon garden on the western side of the house.

Do you have any wierd and wonderful hobbies?

Not really wierd or wonderful. I love to read. Love to cook and bake. That's pretty much it.

Good questions....and I apologize for missing them before!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I´m fan of Spider-Man & Ghostrider!
, I love it the cartoon of the 70´s at same time goes with Fantastic four....

My Favourite Character of F4 is The THING!...
...the Handsome thing as well know it here in my country...

Do you have the Number 1 of F-4 comics?

How many comics do you have?..

Did you put it in a plastic bag your comics for care it?...

How much you pay for a issue?...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I've been looking for the very first F4 issue for years now. Even if I found it, I probably couldn't afford it....right now, I think it's worth close to $10,000, isn't it? My oldest issue is #4. I think the most I ever paid for an older F4 was $20+.

I do like the Thing, too. Never heard him called Handsome Thing though!!

I don't know really how many comics we have. And yes, they are all in plastic and catagorized. We have a lot of the old Batman comics, which can be valuable, if in good condition. Some are, some are not in that great condition.

About 15 years ago, I bought a huge box of comics from a co-worker; he needed money for college. I think I spent $150 for the box. I did sell some of them, enough to recoup most of the money I had spent. But the rest of them are in plastic bags and categorized. There were a lot of Justice League, Punisher, etc. I don't think any Spiderman.

I got interested in comic books way back during the 60s. My cousin had a heart condition, so he couldn't be very active. He filled his time reading comics and he always had the newest ones. When I would visit him, he and I would spend hours reading his comics and talking about them. He loved Superman; I was always more of a Fantastic Four and Batman fan.