Member Spotlight * UGAIMES * Apr.24 - Apr.30

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to everyone who provided me the opportunity to talk about scootering, chocolate, my grey goblins, shoes, movies, underwear, my dysfunctional family and... me!
It really was fun!

Which leads me to... passing on the torch! Amy, my politically like-minded comrade will be answering your questions this week! Amy, enjoy!
Here's your first set of questions, from yours truly.

1. How old are you kitties and do they get along?

2. Do you enjoy your job? If so, what do you find most rewarding?

3. Do you live in the same city as your family, and are you close?

4. How long have you been a fan of BNL?

5. Do you have a pic of yourself you can post?

6. Do you believe in God or a higher power?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats Amy! I have a question.........

What is your favorite kind of dessert?

(I'm having a craving for a big peice of chocolate cake right now!)

mom of franz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NYC The Town so Nice, They Named it Twice!
Hi Amy!!! Congratulations!

How many times have you seen Les Miz?

How often do you play the soundtrack?

Do you like classical music?

Do you play an instrument, if not what instrument would you like to play?

If you wrote your autobiography, what would the title be?

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YAYYYYYYYYY AMY! You rock girl!!!!!!!! First of all, here's some jump roping sheep to show you how excited I am for you...

And now...here are some questions

1.How long have you and Bradley been together?
2.What are your future plans (for you and your man)?
3.WHere do you hope to be in 10 years?
4.How much fun would we have if UCF played UGA and you came down to visit me??

5.I read once awhile ago in another thread that we wear the same size shoes, can I borrow some of yours sometime??

6.What's your most dreaded aspect of working out?

I think that's it for now, though I could probably come up with an endless supply of questions! I'll probably be back to pester you some more though!!!

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
congrats amy

just a few queston's............

1. what do you like to wear best???? Dress or trousers
2. high heels or flat shoes?
3. where in the world would you most like to live?
4. What music/artist do you like best?

Enjoy your week

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your photo assignment is this week.....

1. Please gather up all the cat toys in the middle of the floor and show us

2. Let's see all of your shoes, so Katherine can have a preview of which pair she wants to borrower

3. Take a picture of a favorite thing of yours (no kitties allowed)

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a question. Is your house/apartment haunted???? Share a personal ghostly Savannah experience

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay Amy!!! I am very excited to see you in the spotlight this week. Enjoy it girl.
A few questions from moi:

1) What is your favorite way to relax?
2) If you switched careers what kind of job would you want to have (personal training perhaps
)
3) If you could invite 5 people to your house for dinner (alive or dead) who would they be any why?? (this was a toughie I got during my week in the spotlight so good luck!)

I'll spare you more questions from me at the moment cause I see you already have a lot of catching up to do. Have fun and congrats!!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Come on girl!! Where are you?? You're going to make this tougher on yourself than you need to if you don't get your butt over here to TCS and start answering some questions!!!!!!!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! I am really excited about this; thank you so much Jenn. You rock!
I wanted to get online last night to start answering questions, but our dinner at Olive Garden went late and that bottle of reisling did a number on me!

But, without further ado, I will begin the answering! Oh be afraid, be very afraid....

Originally Posted by vespacat

Thanks to everyone who provided me the opportunity to talk about scootering, chocolate, my grey goblins, shoes, movies, underwear, my dysfunctional family and... me!
It really was fun!

Which leads me to... passing on the torch! Amy, my politically like-minded comrade will be answering your questions this week! Amy, enjoy!
Here's your first set of questions, from yours truly.

1. How old are you kitties and do they get along?
Eponine will be 4 years old some time in June (don't know her exact bday, so I celebrate June 1st). Cosette is 13 weeks old now. Surprisingly, they get along like siblings....they love to chase and wrestle with each other
Sometimes Eponine has to put Cosette in her place though- she'll hiss and swat when she thinks Cosette is infringing on her alpha cat status. But Cosette takes it fine and things never get violent. I'm a proud meowmy to have 2 girls that get along so well!

2. Do you enjoy your job? If so, what do you find most rewarding?
I absolutely love my job. I'm an advocate for domestic violence and sexual assault victims that have army affiliations. The most rewarding part about the job really is everything- what we do helps save and/or improve lives. It's a great feeling

3. Do you live in the same city as your family, and are you close?
Yup, I moved back to Savannah after college (something I swore I'd never do!), which is where my parents (they're divorced) both live. I'm extremely close to my mom- she's my best friend. My father...well....if y'all remember what I posted a few weeks back....I no longer speak to him.

4. How long have you been a fan of BNL?
Since my college days. A girl on my dorm hall was a big fan and always playing their CDs. I heard "If I Had a Million Dollars" and I was hooked!

5. Do you have a pic of yourself you can post?
Sure do...this was taken last night when Bradley and I ate at Olive Garden (sorry it's so big!)

6. Do you believe in God or a higher power?
I definitely believe in God. I was raised in the United Methodist Church and and really love their motto of "Open Hearts, Open Minds, Open Doors." I only wish more so-called Christians followed those sentiments!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Congratulations Amy!
What was the first pet you owned?
Do your shoes smell?

How much time do you spend on TCS daily?
Thanks Sam

-The first pet to own me was a cat named Stormy. She actually found our family...she was scratching at our front door on a stormy night and my big brother took her in....she found us about 5 months before I was born and she lived a long life until I was 17
She was such an angel

-They smell like cat breath! (Cosette likes to burrow in them and chew on them
)
-I usually keep TCS pulled up most of the day when I'm at work and check in once or twice in the evening. On the weekend, I maybe get on 2-3 times a day.
Great questions!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Congrats Amy! I have a question.........

What is your favorite kind of dessert?

(I'm having a craving for a big peice of chocolate cake right now!)
Thanks Susie
Great question because now it's really revving up the cravings!

My favorite dessert is something my mom always makes for me on my birthdays... creme de minthe pie. Close runner-up would be any kind of cheesecake. Guess that's why I'm so obsessed with the Golden Girls...

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of Franz

Hi Amy!!! Congratulations!
How many times have you seen Les Miz?
How often do you play the soundtrack?
Do you like classical music?
Do you play an instrument, if not what instrument would you like to play?
If you wrote your autobiography, what would the title be?
Oooh....Les Miz questions....my favorite!!!!

I've only seen Les Miz once and my mom took me practically kicking and screaming. In fact, I looked kinda like this:
I had grown up listening to the music (it's my mom's favorite play too) and never really thought it was all that spectacular.... BUT, when I saw the show and saw the story the music was telling, everything changed. I cried buckets and buckets
and the standard to which I hold all shows was set!
I play the soundtrack about once a week when I'm at work...usually on Mondays, since I already feel like crying anyway

I think classical music is beautiful, but I rarely actively listen to it.
I've played piano since I was 4 years old. My favorite thing to play are showtunes, especially (you guessed it) the score to Les Miserables. I also played clairnet for 2 years and saxophone for 6 years.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

YAYYYYYYYYY AMY! You rock girl!!!!!!!! First of all, here's some jump roping sheep to show you how excited I am for you...

And now...here are some questions

1.How long have you and Bradley been together?
2.What are your future plans (for you and your man)?
3.WHere do you hope to be in 10 years?
4.How much fun would we have if UCF played UGA and you came down to visit me??

5.I read once awhile ago in another thread that we wear the same size shoes, can I borrow some of yours sometime??

6.What's your most dreaded aspect of working out?

I think that's it for now, though I could probably come up with an endless supply of questions! I'll probably be back to pester you some more though!!!
Oh yay Katherine! Fluffy sheep....ewe so cool!

OK...answers...
1. Bradley and I have been together for a year and 9 months (almost). Our 2 year anniversary will be August 3rd.
2. My future plans for Bradley and I are marriage, a couple of kids, and a house here in Savannah with a garden and a boat. Just a happy little existence in the South that I love with the man that I love

As for my personal future plans....I'm working on my masters in Public Administration and hope to get some sort of leadership position with the government, either within the military system, or at city or state levels.
3. Where do I hope to be in 10 years? See the answers to question #2

4. That's a no-brainer. It'd rock! Of course, I'd probably want to attend one of your Hardbody classes, in which case I wouldn't be able to walk for a week!

5. Oh no way, you have big feet too?!?!?!?!
LOL, just kidding. Sure. You a Clarks or Reefs fan? I love Clarks for mule-style and Reefs for flip-flops!
6. The most dreaded aspect of working out is the guilt that I feel when I don't work out as many times in a week as I wish (like last week).
I sometimes feel like a hypocrite, doing all that motivating on the Workout Support Thread (Shameless plug!) and then sometimes falling short myself. But....we're only human!
Great questions chick!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cazx01

congrats amy

just a few queston's............
1. what do you like to wear best???? Dress or trousers
2. high heels or flat shoes?
3. where in the world would you most like to live?
4. What music/artist do you like best?
Enjoy your week
Why thank you, thank you!

1. I like trousers for work more b/c sometimes I'm too lazy to shave my legs before work
But for a big date, it's dresses/skirts all the way!

2. Since I'm only 5'5", I wear heels all of the time at work. But outside of work, it's flip flops or Clarks all the way.
3. I'd most like to live on the southern coast of either Spain or Costa Rica. I'd also really love to one day have a summer home in Alaska.....it's absolutely breathtaking there!
4. That's tough b/c I have extremely eclectic taste. Showtunes, country, rock, alt, classical, jam, rap, r&b.....I absolutely love it all. My all-time favorites are the Dave Matthews Band and Live. I could listen to them all day, every day and go to my happy place

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

2. Let's see all of your shoes, so Katherine can have a preview of which pair she wants to borrower

I'll do that assignment once I get back from the grocery store

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have a question. Is your house/apartment haunted???? Share a personal ghostly Savannah experience
Oh easy one!
Nope, apartment is not haunted (that I can tell). I did the white sage thing when I moved in and so far, so good!
I have a few lengthy Savannah ghost stories....the first time I saw a ghost was while going by the Board of Education....we saw this blue light floating in one of the windows....later on that night, we saw the same floating light....on a different floor and side of that building. I was only 10 or so, so it really freaked me out!!!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by berylayn

Yay Amy!!! I am very excited to see you in the spotlight this week. Enjoy it girl.
A few questions from moi:

1) What is your favorite way to relax?
2) If you switched careers what kind of job would you want to have (personal training perhaps
)
3) If you could invite 5 people to your house for dinner (alive or dead) who would they be any why?? (this was a toughie I got during my week in the spotlight so good luck!)

I'll spare you more questions from me at the moment cause I see you already have a lot of catching up to do. Have fun and congrats!!
Yay Beryl! Thank you!!!

1. Sunday is my favorite day to relax. I like to sleep in (which means about 8am or whenever the kits absolutely won't let me any longer!), read the paper in bed, and then watch whatever movies come on SciFi. I don't like answering the phone or doing any cleaning or cooking (I do all that on Saturday). Sunday is my day to be laaaaaaaaaazy and not think about the upcoming week!
2. LOL about the personal training...though that's not a bad idea.....I'd get paid for working out....hmmmm
I'd definitely, 100% be an attorney. I used to want to be a prosecutor, but the more I work with domestic violence victims, the more I'd like to work for legal services and help abuse victims get protective orders and divorces....that'd be very fulfilling. Any career I have must have MEANING for me to enjoy it!
3. Oh wow, this is a REAL tough one! I'd want to invite my grandfather (my mom's day, who died when she was 14) because I never got to know him. I'd want to invite Bill Clinton because he is a personal hero of mine. I'd like to invite Alicia Keys because she is phenominally talented and maybe some of her talent would rub off on me
Oh God Beryl, you weren't kidding about this being tough! For the last two....Christian Slater
because he is my longest-running crush and Dave Matthews
because he is too incredibly cool. I know those answers aren't very deep and thought-provoking, but those are my picks! (Though being as fickle as I am, I'll probably go back and change these answers in an hour!)

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

1. Here are the kits toys minus the cat tree that is still under construction on my back porch. Inside the basket in this picture is all of their balls, mice, etc. You'll notice Eponine had just finished investigating the toys for her approval.

2. OK, I didn't have enough room in my viewfinder to shoot ALL of my shoes, so I just did a shot of my favorite shoes. The flip-flops in the middle are the Reefs that I couldn't live without!

3. My absolute favorite material, non-kitty thing is my bed. It has a queen-sized Sternes and Foster mattress, 400 tc. sheets, and is especially great when filled with purring cats