Member Spotlight of the Week ***SIGGAV***

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If money is no issue, what is your next lens purchase?

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What other animals have you owned?

Have you owned dogs, if so, what breed(s) or mixes, sex, color, etc.

What has been your best experience as far as traveling, your favorite places and countries? I see you have traveled a lot.

Where do you want to travel that you haven't already?

I know it stays pretty cold there, is it common place for people to have "outside" pets?

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you do make it to the US someday, where would you like to visit?

If you could have a photo shoot with anyone in the world, who would it be and why? (with you as the photographer)

What is your favorite fruit and vegetable?

What do you like about living in Scotland?

What is your idea of a perfect romantic evening?

Have you been to university? If so, what did you study?

That's all I can think of
Thanks!

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
watchcaddy
If money is no issue, what is your next lens purchase?

I'd get the 18-200mm Nikon zoom lens. I know I could get silly going for the *really* expensive lenses if cost weren't an issue at all but that one is expensive as well and I really want it. It's great to have that flexibility without having to put on new lenses etc. especially if you're on holiday or taking photos in the street.

Cococat
What other animals have you owned?
Two budgies who I got when I was 9 then one died when I was 18 and the other when I was 21, it was really hard to loose them like with most childhood pets I guess. Then I had a rabbit for a few months but I didn't know how to care properly for him so we ended up giving him to a farm we knew where they had a huge hutch and lots of rabbits as pets. I've also kept first goldfish and then tropical fish. Have a tank with 3 female bettas and 5 cories now. I did try to rescue a dog just before I decided to get a cat. It was the wrong dog and I ended up taking him back to the shelter 2 days later.

Have you owned dogs, if so, what breed(s) or mixes, sex, color, etc.
Steve the Dog he was a lurcher, i.e a greyhound mix. He looked like a slightly coarser greyhound and a bit fluffier than greyhounds as well but was very much a sight hound. Black with a white star on his chest and white toes.

I had always wanted a dog and I was living where it could work to have a dog. I worked full time but I had a flatmate that didn't so people would be in etc. I wanted a dog more than the flatmate though. Anyway we went to the shelter, I was hoping to get an adult greyhound or lurcher because I love sight hounds and I know they're actually usually quite good pets but often overlooked. I used to know a Borzoi that I loved, anyway. The shelter brought out Steve and raved about him and we ended up taking him home. Turned out he had horrendous seperation anxiety and howled unless he could see us, was anti-housetrained (as in he'd keep it in while outside and then pee and poo as soon as we got back inside) and he didn't know how to play with humans, he'd want to play fight like he'd do with dogs and he bit me three times in the 2 days we had him. Not deep bites, it was play but a bite is a bite and greyhounds are big dogs so basically with all that together it was just too much. I'd been around dogs lots and lots before but never had my own dog and for a first time dog owner to deal with all that, too much. I hope he got the sort of home he needs. Where he'll have other dogs to play with and experienced owners.

Anyway a short time after that me and flatmate sort of fell out and I moved away into a flat that allowed cats (the old flat didn't allow cats but allowed dogs) and got Nikita.

What has been your best experience as far as traveling, your favorite places and countries? I see you have traveled a lot.
So many things have been absolutely briliant.. hmmm I love Landmannalaugar in Iceland that's a gorgeous place.
http://www.mbl.is/svipmyndir/skjamyn...-2_800x600.jpg
http://www.mbl.is/svipmyndir/skjamyn...ar_800x600.jpg

Mont St. Michel in France is awesome
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=...mages&ct=title

Paris is great and so alive, Vienna used to be the captial of an Empire and it shows. I also really enjoyed New York while I was there.

Where do you want to travel that you haven't already?
I want to go to Australia and Japan at some point. Oh and something I know I'll do soon. I've not been to Italy yet. I need to go there.

I know it stays pretty cold there, is it common place for people to have "outside" pets?
It's not that cold, really, and it stays above freezing most of the time but no outdoor only pets are not common at all. Indoor/outdoor pets are though. Most cats are indoor/outdoor here for example.

Bonnie1965
If you do make it to the US someday, where would you like to visit?
I've already visited New York, I want to go there again because two of very good friends of mine live there. I also have some friends down in Texas so I'd like to hop down there too. I haven't really thought it out properly though.

If you could have a photo shoot with anyone in the world, who would it be and why? (with you as the photographer)
I'd have a photo shoot with "Lonesome George" the turtle that's the last of his species because then I'd get to go to the Galapagos islands and could take lots and lots of other photos of the wildlife there

What is your favorite fruit and vegetable?
Peaches and just your plain ol' potato I think.

What do you like about living in Scotland?
It's just a 2 hour flight back to Iceland, the weather is better than back home. Edinburgh is a very nice city to live in. I don't need a car. It's safe and the people are friendly. It's easy to travel around, basically a nice place to be based in I think.

What is your idea of a perfect romantic evening?
I'm not very romantic and overly "romantic" gestures etc. tend to make me uncomfortable and cringe so really the most romantic evening I enjoy wouldn't be very romantic at all but all about being happy and comfortable together and enjoying each others company

Have you been to university? If so, what did you study?
I got a Bachelors degree in Computer Science and a Masters degree in Design and Digital Media. Working now although I might go back at some point and get a Phd.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Siggav

Today has been good, got a few new scratches from an accident involving Nikita and a new coffee table but that's ok.
That´s to bad Nikita!
you should to behave yourself and to obey to Meommy!

I hope have you feeling better about the "new" scratches my friend!

How about to another set of questions?. The topic of today is of General stuffs around you life...

1.- Wich one is the most crazy thing that have you ever do it???? ( I mean for example, Jump in parachute, Take a Snake live, Jump in Bungee etc)
2.- Do you have indor plants at home?
3.- If you can travel in time and to meet to some historycal person WHO would be and Tell us why?...

4.- If you have the money power to move to some part of the world ( of course with your kittys) wich place would be and why.....
5.- What is the thing that really anoy you on the persons.......( for example: the hypocresy, the envy etc)

6.- Are you Religious?

7.- Favourite Salad?

8.- favourite pop soda?

9.- Choose one would you prefer to watch Sunrise
or Sunset and tell us why......
10.- Do you have a car? wich type is it?....

Have a nice day my friend!....

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The scratches aren't too bad really. The most annoying ones are two punctures in my palm from where Nikita pushed off with her back feet when she got very startled while I was holding her. I don't think they're getting infected though.

Your questions!

1.- Wich one is the most crazy thing that have you ever do it???? ( I mean for example, Jump in parachute, Take a Snake live, Jump in Bungee etc)
Galloping like mad on a horse trying to outrun and herd back several loose horses. That was such an adrenaline rush.

2.- Do you have indor plants at home?

No

3.- If you can travel in time and to meet to some historycal person WHO would be and Tell us why?...

Go all the way back and meet Jesus, I think he would be very interesting to talk to.

4.- If you have the money power to move to some part of the world ( of course with your kittys) wich place would be and why.....
I would stay where I am but move into a very nice house in Edinburgh instead of my current apartment. I wouldn't want to uproot myself and then settle somewhere else, I have lots of friends and hobbies where I am. Moving between countries and cities is a lot of hard work.

5.- What is the thing that really anoy you on the persons.......( for example: the hypocresy, the envy etc)
People who assume their version of the world is true for everyone. That's one of my pet peeves.

6.- Are you Religious?
Yes but I don't trust organized religion. Basically I think that "because god told me so" or "you have to do X because god said so" is such a bullet proof excuse that it's unrealistic to think that power hungry people wouldn't take advantage of that and rise through the ranks in a hierarchical organized religion while distorting it to suit themselves better. I know organized religion can do lots of good things too. It's not all bad and I'm not against individuals who are happy in their religion.

7.- Favourite Salad?

Chicken caesar

8.- favourite pop soda?

Coke, I drink more coke than I should.

9.- Choose one would you prefer to watch Sunrise or Sunset and tell us why......
Sunset because then I don't have to wake up early!

10.- Do you have a car? wich type is it?....
I don't have a car, I don't need to where I live. I have a supermarket, a post office, a bank and a pharmacy within 6min walking distance of my home. It takes me 40min to walk to work but it's only 20min if I take the bus. There is almost no parking around both my home and my work so it wouldn't be quicker driving.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for answering my questions my friend,
. The topic of today would be Cats and also other stuffs...

1.- How many cats have you ever had in your enterely life?

2.- could you tell us the name of the list above?

3.- Do you have any preference about of Breeds of cats?

4.- Do you dream with cats when you sleeps?

5.- Have you ever to give catnip at your kittys to play?

6.- Wich brand do you prefer to give at your kitty in Wet and Dry food to eat?

7.- Would you like to work like a volunteer on a Cat shelter?

another stuffs...

8.- Wich one is your favourite colour to wear?
9.- Do you have some earrings with shape of cat?
10.- do you have some blouse with stamps of cats?
11.- do you collect or you have handcraft of kittys?
12.- how many purses do you have?

.....I hope not boring you with my questions my friend...

Cheers chick!...

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all not boring me with the questions at all

1.- How many cats have you ever had in your enterely life?

Nikita is my first cat but I have known lots of other cats.

2.- could you tell us the name of the list above?
It's just Nikita

3.- Do you have any preference about of Breeds of cats?
I love bengals and abys and then somalis. I didn't know much about Ocicats before I came here but I like them too now.

4.- Do you dream with cats when you sleeps?
Do I dream of cats or does Nikita sleep in my bed? I sometimes dream of cats and yeah Nikita sleeps in my bed sometimes. She's not often there when I go to sleep but almost always snuggled up with me when I wake up.

5.- Have you ever to give catnip at your kittys to play?
Yes, Nikita isn't immune but she doesn't react much. Rolls around in it for a short while and then gets bored with it. She doesn't act any differently afterwards.

6.- Wich brand do you prefer to give at your kitty in Wet and Dry food to eat?
Royal Canin for dry, Nikita is currently getting tesco finest brand for wet.

7.- Would you like to work like a volunteer on a Cat shelter?
It would be rewarding and hard but currently I really don't have the time or the energy. It's easier giving a bit of money. Heh.. so yeah not really atm.

8.- Wich one is your favourite colour to wear?
Red!

9.- Do you have some earrings with shape of cat?
No

10.- do you have some blouse with stamps of cats?
No

11.- do you collect or you have handcraft of kittys?
No, I have one small hang on the wall fabric print on a frame of this cartoon:
http://images.officedog.com/size600/product/65/6559.jpg but that's all.

12.- how many purses do you have?
I have two handbags and two small backpacks I use regularely to hold my keys and wallet and spare paperback book