Member Spotlight for 5/7/06: Clixpix

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hiya Kelly
It's nice to know all this about you...here's one:

If this was your last day on earth, what would you do?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Trouts mom said:
Hiya Kelly
It's nice to know all this about you...here's one:

If this was your last day on earth, what would you do?

I would try to personally contact as many friends and family members as I could. I would want to hear their voices one last time.

Good question, thanks!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
clixpix said:
1. If you could have dinner with anyone in the world who would it be & why and what would you serve them to eat?

I could get all high-minded here, and pick someone who has changed the world, or is a great thinker, or something. Yeah, that's not going to happen. I've actually given this question a great deal of thought, and I came up with an answer that actually surprised me. George Clooney. He's not someone I would normally give a great deal of thought to, but he always struck me as someone who is probably a really good date (he's had a lot of practice!), like he'd make you feel special, even if it was just for an evening. It's been awhile since I've had an evening like that! What would I serve him? Oysters? Tequila?

Okay, Kelly, even though my affection for George is widely known on TCS, I'm willing let you have one evening with him.
Have to admit the oysters and tequila have me a bit concerned!
Here's my question: Aside from dinner how will you and George be spending the evening? (On second thought, maybe I don't want to know!)

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
eilcon said:
Originally Posted by clixpix

1. If you could have dinner with anyone in the world who would it be & why and what would you serve them to eat?

I could get all high-minded here, and pick someone who has changed the world, or is a great thinker, or something. Yeah, that's not going to happen. I've actually given this question a great deal of thought, and I came up with an answer that actually surprised me. George Clooney. He's not someone I would normally give a great deal of thought to, but he always struck me as someone who is probably a really good date (he's had a lot of practice!), like he'd make you feel special, even if it was just for an evening. It's been awhile since I've had an evening like that! What would I serve him? Oysters? Tequila?

Okay, Kelly, even though my affection for George is widely known on TCS, I'm willing let you have one evening with him.
Have to admit the oysters and tequila have me a bit concerned!
Here's my question: Aside from dinner how will you and George be spending the evening? (On second thought, maybe I don't want to know!)
You know, I thought about you, and I kind of felt bad listing him.
But I decided to be honest...sorry!

No, I don't think you do want to know what I would do with the rest of the evening!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
clixpix said:
Originally Posted by eilcon

You know, I thought about you, and I kind of felt bad listing him.
But I decided to be honest...sorry!

No, I don't think you do want to know what I would do with the rest of the evening!
I admire your honesty!

Thanks for sparing my feelings about the date too!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, here's my question - when your house was on House Hunters, was it really for sale?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is probably going to sound dumb but, what kind of shoes do you wear to work?

And thanks for the earlier answers. Your job sounds so exciting and rewarding!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Where did you get your first kiss?

Was it everything you expected?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
laureen227 said:
ok, here's my question - when your house was on House Hunters, was it really for sale?

Ah...no. Sorry! I did it as a favor for my friend who was the realtor featured on the show.

Thanks Laureen!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
lilleah said:
When was the last time you did something wild and crazy?
It's been quite awhile. I had my wild and crazy days to be sure. But it's been many years since dancing on the bar and staying out until well past sun-up. I'd like to say I miss those days, but I really don't. I think I got it all out of my system!

Thanks Lilleah!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Deb25

This is probably going to sound dumb but, what kind of shoes do you wear to work?

And thanks for the earlier answers. Your job sounds so exciting and rewarding!
Not a dumb question at all. When you're on your feet for 12 hours straight, the type of shoes you wear matter! I've found that New Balance sneakers are the best. The pair I currently have are yellow/silver/blue!

Thank you. Yes, my job is rewarding, and at times exciting. It can also be draining & physically exhausting. But that all comes with the territory.

Thanks Deb!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
katachtig said:
Where did you get your first kiss?

Was it everything you expected?
On the playground at kindergarten.
I distinctly remember being chased, and then (remember...klutz) I fell and skinned my knees. But he still kissed me.

Was it everything I expected? I'd have to say no...I really expected less scabbing and scarring!

Thanks Jana!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi Kelly

Favorite things to have on your pizza?
Favorite fast food?
What color is your Honda Element?
Have you ever been to Massachusetts?
Favorite TV show?

Have you ever broken a bone?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AbbysMom said:
Hi Kelly

Favorite things to have on your pizza?

Hmm...just about anything? But my truly favorite pizza is pepperoni, mushroom & black olive.

Favorite fast food?

Arby's. But, surprisingly, there's not really one near here, so I don't have it very often.

What color is your Honda Element?

Olive green with black trim

Have you ever been to Massachusetts?

No, but I should. I have good friends that live there.

Favorite TV show?

Currently, "Lost", even though I haven't the first clue as to what's going on!

Have you ever broken a bone?

Ding! Ding! Ding! You've won the final broken bone story!
I was, I think, about in fourth grade. I was with my sisters, brother, and a sister's friend were sitting on the floor of the basement (finished basement) playing the game "Go to the Head of the Class". My parents were outside firing up the grill because we were expecting company. Part of the basement was my two older sister's bedroom. My youngest sister stood on the bed to look out the window to see if the company had arrived. The sister whose bed that was got angry, and shoved my younger sister off the bed. Just as I was reaching to move my game piece, she landed on my arm. My sister's friend starts screaming, "Look at her arm!". I looked down to see my forarm at a 45 degree angle...up. I remember little else except running to where my parents were, and a very fast car ride to the emergency room. Again.

Thanks for the questions Karen!

catfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A few questions, if you don't mind...

1. When you started Nursing school, did you want to specialize in Labor & Delivery?

2. What sorts of non-fiction do you like to read?

3. What hobbies do you have?

4. Time Travel: Forward or back?

5. Okay, as a fellow klutz, I wonder, how many time have you needed stitches?

Catfriend

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will have to catch up with this thread later this week yet, but I have a quick question:

1. Can you name a few guilty pleasures of yours Kelly?
1½. What are they?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Catfriend said:
A few questions, if you don't mind...

Of course I don't mind!

1. When you started Nursing school, did you want to specialize in Labor & Delivery?

I always loved the idea of labor and delivery, but at the time I graduated, hospitals were not hiring new grads into that field. I ended up working in Neonatal Intensive Care (sick & premature newborns), which I did for a number of years. After that, I worked in an office that specialized in assisted reproduction (IVF, etc). After 10 months, the office was closed, so I took that opportunity to go back to my original intention of working in L&D.

2. What sorts of non-fiction do you like to read?

I do like to read some history and biographies. I also like to read books on alternative ideas on spirituality (though some may not consider that non-fiction
).

3. What hobbies do you have?

Oh man, I have so many. I do quite a bit of photography, but since I get paid for it, I guess it's not a hobby. I've done a lot of decorative painting, woodburning, glass painting, some sewing, and any little thing that catches my eye. I always figure I can do it, so I try it! I've made all of the curtains in my house, duvet covers, pillows, etc. There's probably lots more, but those are the ones that come to mind immediately.

4. Time Travel: Forward or back?

Ooh...good question! I've always been fascinated by the idea of time travel! I'd have to say "back". I've actually given this some thought, and thought it would be great if we were able, maybe twice a year, to travel back in time for a day. You couldn't change anything, but just participate. On one of the travels, you could go back to any event in history...meet anyone in history. The other event, you could go into your past and relive any day. You could see family members who have passed on, get to spend a day with them. Grief would be lessened because you'll always have the opportunity to see those people again. Okay, I've given it a lot of thought!

5. Okay, as a fellow klutz, I wonder, how many time have you needed stitches?

Hello fellow klutz!
Surprisingly, and I'm knocking wood here, I have never required stitches. Casts? Oh yeah. But never stitches. I could introduce you, however, to some of my siblings who have had to be stitched together. A lot. I swear some of them are literally held together by sutures and a wad of gum!

Thanks for the questions, they were great!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hydroaxe said:
I will have to catch up with this thread later this week yet, but I have a quick question:

1. Can you name a few guilty pleasures of yours Kelly?

Yes I can.

1½. What are they?

Oh...okay.
Actually they're probably pretty mundane. I'm embarassed to say that I really enjoy reality TV, I can spend an inordinate amount of time soaking in the bathtub, love chocolate (who doesn't though), and then of course there's my usual Saturday night stint jello wrestling...you know just to earn a little pocket money, and all the jello you can take home!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
What was the last thing you ate?
Favorite type of cake?
What song, when you hear it, makes you stop everything, turn it up and dance and sing along?
If you had to live somewhere other than Chicago, where would it be?
Where did you go on the last vacation you took?
What is the oldest thing in your refridgerator? How old is it?
Favorite TV show?
Closest tourist Attraction to you?
What is JinJin's favorite toy?
Best gift you ever received?
Worst gift you ever received?
favorite flower?
what is your favorite piece of jewelry?
What color is your bedspread?
what color shirt do you have on right now?
socks?
Favorite candy?
What is your best personality trait?
Your worst?
Do you play a musical instrument?
Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Do you normally cook, get take-out, or go out to eat?
Paper or Plastic?
What is one thing you spoil yourself with?
Do you have violent tendencies?
What would you do if you saw a unicorn?
Are you easily offended?
What do you usually drink with dinner?
Are you ears pierced? Anything else pierced?
Do you usually drive:

a. under the speed limit(by how much)
b. the speed limit(why?)
c. over the speed limit(by how much)

Favorite fruit?
Favorite vegetable?
If you won the lottery, what would you do first?
If you are driving down the road, and pass some cows, do you moo?
Do you sing in the car?
How often do you visit TCS?
What's one thing you have always wanted to do, but never have?