"Member on the Spotlight!"....MAY 19-25 2008... RubSluts'Mommy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

4. Sometimes... if they aren't involved, the dream is usually a really odd one, and I'm wondering where they are...

5. HA! they have catnip toys, bins of catnip... I've discovered that some of the local grocery stores have these bulk herbs... and the catnip is REALLY cheap! The price on the bin looks high, but when you think about it... so, the bin price is 14.99 a pound... do you realize how much a POUND of catnip would be? that's HUGE! So, I fill up a little bag of theirs, and it ends up being about 40 cents... barely anything... and it's reasonable fresh... dried, but not ancient.

6. Wet is whatever i pick up, although they love Trader Joe's (the store) Tuna for Cats... Dry, I give them a mix of Wysong Uretic (because of Jack's urinary tract) and some other really high quality dry... they love the stuff... the Wysong kept him from getting a UTI for months... then I thought i could let my guard down... WRONG! I switch to regular foods and within two months, he had a full blown UTI. We're sticking with the Wysong from now on... I'm firm on that.

7. I already am! I volunteer one day a week (three hours, since it's one of my two days off) at the local county shelter... I've been doing it for a year and a half.
4.-..
...oh my!...

5.- so they are crazy by the catnip!...

6.-
...those brands aren´t unavailable on my city.....

7.- I really envy you my friend...there aren´t shelters on my city.....

...another tiny set....

I know it depends of the mood my friend about this questions, but wich one is the majority of time that you choose
- Coffe or Tea?
- Cookies or Bread?
- Gum or candie?
- beer or wine?
- Italian cuisine or French?
- Pizza or Pasta?

a delicious tiny set...

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

I know it depends of the mood my friend about this questions, but wich one is the majority of time that you choose
- Coffe or Tea?
- Cookies or Bread?
- Gum or candie?
- beer or wine?
- Italian cuisine or French?
- Pizza or Pasta?

a delicious tiny set...
- I should do more tea, but I have low energy, so coffee (considering I've had two cups today).
- Cookies... but wave a loaf of fresh sourdough and my eyes glaze over...
- candy... I do sometimes go through phases of preferring gum... but usually candy... which is why I'm 40 pounds overweight...
- it depends on the situation. With a nice Italian dinner, wine... but if I'm just out with friends, I'd better find Guinness... preferably on tap!! Bottles just aren't the same. I can't stand American beer...

- I've never really done much French cuisine. I don't mind it, but it just hasn't been a top priority. If just between the two: Italian, all the way! But I like exploring cuisine: Ethiopian, Thai, Pakistani, Indian, German, etc... My attitude is that I'll try nearly anything once...
- Pasta... although I ordered pizza last night... and have a ton of leftovers... when I'm cooking, I prefer pasta... I can do SOOO much with it.

Now look what you've done... I'm hungry now!

Amanda

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

-Now look what you've done... I'm hungry now!
I know It!...
....I was so sure you going to tell me that!...
Well, If you want, there are some Burritos here in my country waiting for you!...

how is the majority of the time the weather in your city?....Oregon,...I never been there...

Are you happy in your state?
all your relatives live close to you?

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I know It!...
....I was so sure you going to tell me that!...
Well, If you want, there are some Burritos here in my country waiting for you!...

how is the majority of the time the weather in your city?....Oregon,...I never been there...

Are you happy in your state?
all your relatives live close to you?
Portland, as well as all of Oregon and the whole Pacific Northwest, is usually overcast/rainy/etc. Yes, we get sunshine... but not that often. Think of it this way: you remember Grunge music back in the 1990's? Where do you think that started? Seattle, only a few hours north of where I am... If you were a musician, and had this weather nearly year round, you'd be moody too ...

I'm kind of in the middle on how much I like it here. I loved being in Chicago... namely because I didn't have to drive! I'm working on getting work where i don't HAVE to drive. My library job is 20 miles away past the other side of town, out in the middle of nowhere... the drive is long, and traffic-ridden, but the bus ride would be worse... about two hours straight there (the bus outside my door goes there)... and the schedule doesn't work anyway... so I'm trying to get something closer... I'll be testing on Tuesday for something... I like the atmosphere... very hippie/funky/creative, which works for me... but I guess because I don't live in a creative neighborhood, it's hard to connect with that part of the culture here. I can't afford to move into a different area... yet.

My family lives south of me, in California... the drive can take one long day, but I hate doing it in one day... I get moody when I'm driving that long... so i like to break it up into two days, drive down the coast... a MUCH nicer drive.

Amanda

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great answers my friend!

Portland, as well as all of Oregon and the whole Pacific Northwest, is usually overcast/rainy/etc. Yes, we get sunshine... but not that often. Think of it this way: you remember Grunge music back in the 1990's? Where do you think that started? Seattle, only a few hours north of where I am... If you were a musician, and had this weather nearly year round, you'd be moody too ...
I´m figured that enviroment!...

Last one of today...

You told me in other post, that you have been solo rides,....

Have you a great memmorie of one of them?...
...I mean something special that happen in that solo ride?...
Would you dare to write a novel about that ride my friend?...

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You told me in other post, that you have been solo rides,....

Have you a great memmorie of one of them?...
...I mean something special that happen in that solo ride?...
Would you dare to write a novel about that ride my friend?...
I've had many interesting things happen, including a good samaritan getting me and my truck out of a sticky situation... I got adventurous and went down an unmarked road... when I figured it really didn't lead anywhere interesting (for the record, there were no 'keep out' or 'private' signs), I tried turning around... and got stuck in gravel. I walked to the main road and flagged someone down... he brought me back to where him and his uncle were clearing trees... and his uncle, who had a winch on his truck, drove me back to my pickup... got me out and never said anything more... I thanked him profusely... and stayed off those roads from then on... of course, that one's more embarrassing than anything else...

I do have a more moving story about one of my trips... but it's LONG... hhmmm... let's see if I can give it it's due...

Back in 1997, I finally broke down and made reservations for an RV spot in Yosemite Valley. I'd gone up for day hikes, but never actually stayed in the park by myself until then. With Yosemite, you have to make your reservations MONTHS in advance... so in March, I made my reservation for that September. Summer rolled around, and I was trying to play 'catch-up' with my schooling and was taking a full load in college. I was also working part time for a wedding photographer. Mid term, I started getting headaches. I'd never really had a doozy of a headaches like these before... and they started melding into each other, turning not into a series of small headaches, but one prolonged one... day after day, week after week. I went to doctors, had scans, nothing helped. no one could figure it out... The weeks passed, summer quarter ended and my vacation to Yosemite loomed. Now, I was freaking out about the headaches... see, my cousin (older, but still MY generation) had died suddenly a couple summers before from a brain aneurysm... so I had a little worrying going on there... About two weeks before I was to leave, I prayed and decided that I'd put it all in God's hands... whatever happened, happened... it was meant to be. the worry about death vanished. Then my mother chimed in... she didn't want me to go, because I'd have no one to watch and make sure i was okay... Being the defiant baby of the family, I told her I was going to be fine...

As I usually am when packing for trips, I forget things. No matter how many lists I make, times I run around the house looking everywhere... I forget things. It's in my nature. At least I remembered my pills and my tent. I did, however, forget fireplace matches for cooking, and a watch. Back then, I lived by the 12-hour clock. I didn't realize I'd forgotten these things until I was in the hills. I'd remembered from my earlier trips that there was a drug store coming up soon, so I decided to stop and get matches and look at watches. I parked, walked inside, looking at the watches... a little voice in me said "you already have four of these things at home... if you're gonna get another one, make it a NICE one," so I waited on the watch, and bought my matches. No more than ten minutes down the road, the voice spoke again. "who needs a watch? you're on vacation, dang it! eat when you get hungry, get up when you want, who cares?" I never bothered to buy one that trip.

A couple hours later, I finally got through the gate, and down into the valley. I found the campground and checked in. Now, my tent was one that fit on the back of my pickup. I struggled with the poles, especially the last one (who doesn't?). I remember getting the last pole tip into its pocket, and stepping back to look at my meager campsite. I looked at the tent, the truck, then everything else. Then I saw the river about 30 feet away, and then looked up... the sun was setting and the sun line was rising along the side of Yosemite Valley, the blue sky above. I realized something at that moment:

"Holy cr**, my headache is gone."

For the first time in about two months, I was pain-free. A HUGE weight had just vanished... I felt I could do anything I wanted... the only thing I apparently couldn't do that week was start a campfire... I'm normally good at it... Trail mix was my best friend that week (three days, actually). The next two days were spent climbing the rocks below Lower Yosemite Falls (the water was low, so the top rocks were dry... lots of people were climbing them), and hiking to the top of Vernal Falls. Not a long hike, but darn near straight up. And the view is incredible... I remember standing at the bridge at the bottom and looking up at the falls... "I'll never get all the way up there," but I took 'baby steps' and made short treks... "I'll get to that rock/tree/lookout, then see" and i made it to the top... took me a while...

My final night the RV family next to me started chatting with me... well, the grandparents did. I told them about my lack of fire starting ability and they invited me over for a hot meal. Their son and his Asian wife (Chinese, I think, but I'm not sure) were driving around the country, showing her mother and two aunts (all from the old country) as much of the USA as they could. They were living with them for a while, helping with their newborn baby... who was a preemie. The grandparents lived in Modesto and came up to spend a couple weeks in Yosemite with their son and to see their grandchild. In the morning, the girls' mother and aunts came over and wished me a safe trip and good health and all that stuff... They shared their food with me and for that I was, and still am, grateful. The whole trip was eventful, to say the least.

After that, I headed out the East gate, Spent a night in Lee Vining, then headed up to Reno to visit my best friend... a couple days there and then headed home... certainly my most interesting solo trip... well, most enlightening, at least.

Amanda

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Buen DÃ:censor:a Amanda,...

Thanks for your nice and complete answer....
you have the touch to write my friend!...

had died suddenly a couple summers before from a brain aneurysm...
I´m so sorry for him...

As I usually am when packing for trips, I forget things. No matter how many lists I make, times I run around the house looking everywhere...
Like chicken without head...
...everyone do it sometimes...

***and I really so sorry about your headaches...

I looked at the tent, the truck, then everything else. Then I saw the river about 30 feet away, and then looked up... the sun was setting and the sun line was rising along the side of Yosemite Valley, the blue sky above. I realized something at that moment:
"Holy cr**, my headache is gone."
This is the best of all!....

Thank you Amanda, I have a perfectly Idea about all it!...

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
......today for me is the last day of questions from me to you...

I´m cast-away my friend...
...I mean I don´t have internet at home...so in work is where I have the opportunity to be in touch with all of you.....

1- Please would you tell us if you live in an area that could be in a natural danger by the Mother Nature? I mean for example: earthquake, tornado, flooding etc…..
…did you take some measures about it to keep your safety?

2- Are you a person maniatic of the clean and the Organization at home? Or you´re a mess…
….
…Do you have a stricktly control over all in your home? Or your office or your desk?
…

3- You feeling today a little blue..(for something not serious but keep your attention on it and that made you feel a little blue) ¿What you do for yourself to give up?...for cheering to you yourself and keep the good mood?..

4- Do you like to put magnets on your fridge? How many do you have stuck on your fridge? They are ornaments or are advertisements for fast food?

5- Wich one are your favourite Board/Table Game? For example, Cheez, Monopoly, Puzzlez…etc…

To me was deep pleasure to meet you my friend...

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

1- Please would you tell us if you live in an area that could be in a natural danger by the Mother Nature? I mean for example: earthquake, tornado, flooding etc…..
…did you take some measures about it to keep your safety?

2- Are you a person maniatic of the clean and the Organization at home? Or you´re a mess…
….
…Do you have a stricktly control over all in your home? Or your office or your desk?

3- You feeling today a little blue..(for something not serious but keep your attention on it and that made you feel a little blue) ¿What you do for yourself to give up?...for cheering to you yourself and keep the good mood?..

4- Do you like to put magnets on your fridge? How many do you have stuck on your fridge? They are ornaments or are advertisements for fast food?

5- Wich one are your favourite Board/Table Game? For example, Cheez, Monopoly, Puzzlez…etc…

To me was deep pleasure to meet you my friend...
1. I grew up in earthquake country... so I lived with those little quakes my whole life. we were trained from early on what to do... our house never sustained major damage (although, if the Hayward Fault goes off like we think it will, my parent's house may vanish, it's close to the fault, as is my high school) We did the usual preparedness stuff... but my parents weren't too concerned... so far so good *knock on wood* Apparently, Portland is also in a quake zone, but I haven't felt anything yet...

2. I have a saying which says it all: I'm a Clean Freak trapped inside a Pack Rat's Body. 'nuff said.

3. Chocolate and music.

4. BWAAHAAHAAHAA!!!!!! My fridge, and the back of my front door (metal fire door) are COVERED in magnets... I have some advertisements, but mostly goofy stuff... when I get home today, maybe I'll take a picture of them and post it here...

5. One thing my dad did with us kids was play board games (mom didn't bother, dunno why)... we played Monopoly, Parcheesi, etc... the older games... those are the ones I like... haven't played in years... although i do have an LOTR Monopoly set...

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

What is your fondest memory?
Such a wide open question... hhmmmmm..... with family, I'd say the regular Sunday morning ventures down to Cal State Hayward (we lived right behind it), on bikes, skates, skateboards... Dad would take us down there and we would sometimes take the dog, play frisbee... then we'd race home... the first one in the door would tell Mom we wanted Mug rootbeer floats...

with friends.... so many insane adventures... after one event with some new geek friends (read: Star Trek buddies), two of them offered to drive me back to my car... on the way, they discovered that, although I lived in the Bay Area, I'd never been to Ghirardelli Square... we set off on an adventure that night... two guys and me... (all tame, nothing happened). we hit Coit Tower, Lombard Street, Ghirardelli Square, chased sea foam on the beach at midnight, and ended with the Cliff House around 1 am for drinks... although none of us had alcohol... it was a BLAST. I'll never forget it.

Okay... I'm off to play downtown...

Amanda

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I now have to amend an answer to Bonnie from earlier... she asked if I'd ever had Elephant's Ears... a fair/carnival type food... something eaten often around here... I hadn't... until today.

Those things are huge. Yes, I did have sugar on mine... and holy crud... they need to make two sizes: baby elephant and adult elephant.

for those who don't know what they are, they're a slab (seriously) of fried dough... then smothered in sugar, if you so desire... or, depending on the vendor, some other topping... they're HUGE!!! And unless you have a massive appetite, only get one on an empty stomach. I actually couldn't finish mine, even though I'd eaten all of two hours earlier...

Man... I don't think I need dinner...

Amanda