Mega massive vibes for Lazlo urgent

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK. We went for our hematocrit today, to make sure he's good to go for chemo Thursday.

And..... drum roll please.... He gained ANOTHER 3.5 ounces! HE WEIGHS 11 POUNDS, 14.5 OUNCES!!!! Lazlo is officially back to his healthy weight! Well - at 12 it's officially official, but he looks FABULOUS!

AND.... his hematocrit is 32%!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND he's been playing up a storm. :D

:woohoo: GO LAZLO, you good boy you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:banana1: :banana2: :dance: :woohoo: :jump: :sun: :lovegrin2: :sun: :lovegrin: :jump: :sun: :jive: :rockout:

He is almost a "twelve pounder" :woohoo: This news just made my night even better :hugs: and :rub: for you and Lazlo. YEP - that's right a :rub: :rub: :rub: to you too.... :lol3: :D

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Outstanding update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lazlo's just had an amazing recovery - you keep up, you awesome boy, you!!!!!

AC loves you and is soooo proud of you!!!!!

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, that's wonderful news.
  But, for some reason, I thought he was finished with his chemo.  Where did I get that idea?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Because it goes in cycles of fours. Four cycles of four. The first two cycles are weekly treatments with a week of no treatment between. Then the second to cycles are biweekly. He completed the first three cycles, and is now in the middle of his 2nd biweekly treatment cycle, which is the last one. :nod: :)

At that point, we do an ultrasound to get a baseline look at the tumor (or lack of it? :cross: ) in his stomach, so we can compare when he comes out of remission... which could be a few months, a lot of months, or maybe ... dare I say it... a year or more? Average is 8-9 months.

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:vibes: :hugs: :vibes: :hugs: :vibes: :hugs: :vibes: for today's treatment!!!! You are in my thought's this morning :heart3: :heart3:

HMMMM - wonder if Laz will try his disappearing act ??? :lol3: :rub: :rub: :rub: To Lazlo during his treatment.....:vibes:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, Lazlo was asleep, and did NOT run to hide before this appointment! :lol3: He must be getting fat and lazy. :flail: :flail:

The vet commented today on just how GREAT he is about it! :clap: I just know he knows this is making him feel better. :nod: He is SO... himself these days. :D :D :D Just a LOT more spoiled. :flail:

Interestingly... I haven't given him an appetite stimulant since last Saturday. And so far.... he's not off his food at all. :dk: The treatment usually gets to him the day after (today)... but so far, he's been eating GREAT, and asking for food between meals. :cross: I was going to give him one yesterday, but he didn't need it. So I was going to give him one today, but he hasn't needed it!

And with his hematocrit at 32%, he doesn't need the Yunnan baio...

So right NOW, we're just using the sucralfate and pepcid a/c to ensure the ulcers do not return (given the tumor is in his stomach, we're going to keep him on them). :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

And this was treatment #2 of the last cycle. So two more, an ultrasound... and hope and prayers.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWWW :lol3: So glad you have a Fat Boy - and that he is truly enjoying life again :D :rub: :heart3: We are on the home stretch now :bigthumb: :clap::clap:

YES- HOPE AND PRAYERS!!!!!!!!!!! What a journey this is and Lazlo has done so unbelievably well through this whole ordeal. SOOOO SOOOOOO happy :happy3: to hear he has a good appetite and NO appetite stimulant since last Saturday :clap: Scritches to :king: Lazlo tonight :rub: :rub: :D

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laurie, I just saw this thread about your baby boy;  good heavens, the poor thing!  Sounds as if he's definitely on the up-swing
   Lots of head-skritches to your little man.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, just now catching up on Lazlo's journey.... what a strong fighter he is!!! :clap::clap::clap: Such a good boy, and so lucky to have you guys and a great vet.

Keep fighting, Lazlo!!! I'm pulling for 12 pounds too!! :clap::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And two weeks later.... LAZLO WEIGHS 12 POUNDS, 6 OUNCES! :D

I am officially supposed to curtail how much he eats so he does not gain more weight! :lol3:

His hematocrit is 31%, so we are good to go for the second-to-last chemo treatment this Thursday. :clap:

I talked to the vet about raw... she wants me to stick with HPP products for Lazlo, at least at first. The chemo and the pred both suppress his immune system, so just to be sure.... but she's really curious to see how things will go. :lol3:

THANK YOU ALL FOR SHARING THIS JOURNEY WITH US! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And two weeks later.... LAZLO WEIGHS 12 POUNDS, 6 OUNCES! :D
I am officially supposed to curtail how much he eats so he does not gain more weight! :lol3:
His hematocrit is 31%, so we are good to go for the second-to-last chemo treatment this Thursday. :clap:
I talked to the vet about raw... she wants me to stick with HPP products for Lazlo, at least at first. The chemo and the pred both suppress his immune system, so just to be sure.... but she's really curious to see how things will go. :lol3:
THANK YOU ALL FOR SHARING THIS JOURNEY WITH US! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
:clap::clap::clap: Go Lazlo!!! In a little while you will be just like Bugsy :lol3::lol3::lol3: :hide:
KIDDING :lol3::lol3::lol3:

Hey, great that your vet is positive about raw for him :bigthumb: yey!!! So, that leaves you with NV, S&C and Primal....... Quite a few choices in flavors there you got for the little guy missy :bigthumb:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:woohoo: :jump: I knew LAZLO could do me proud and become a TWELVE POUNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigthumb: Laurie, YOU must be the happiest meowmy right now - I know I am a very happy Auntie :D :clap::clap::clap::clap: It is just a miracle the progress Lazlo has made during the cancer battle. HE IS A CHAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will have to let us know what you are going to feed your baby in regards to the raw - S&C, NV or Primal. I DO have a feeling that will improve his health even more :D and the vet agrees - YAY :jump: :clap::clap::clap:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I called the Pet Supplies Plus in PA. They only carry NV raw frozen. We'll have to go to the store to find out if they can order other stuff- depends upon their supplier.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just tell them Lazlo's story and tell them to tell the story to the supplier. :D :heart3: - :nod: Then they will order in anything you desire - how could they not. :lol3: :cross: :hugs:

Last edited: