Meet Tumbleweed (FKA Percy)

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The DH and I finally decided on a name for our little guy. I call him Mr. Tumbleweed, Mr. Tumbles, Tumble-bumble and Tumblebugs. He's really settling in and is getting used to the noises and humans. Today was the first day he came up to me and rubbed on me and gave me a headbutt!!
My husband claims he's grown an inch in length since we got him on Tuesday, but I'm not so sure. Today, Tumble mastered the turbo scratcher, after deciding that it wasn't something to be scared of.

Not too sure of this new toy and how it works.

Getting the hang of it.

Mastering the flick of the paw.

Gotta love those belly buttons!!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww!!!! And those look like masculine arms in the pics... by any chance the reluctant new cat-daddy??? Now totally enamored of the little guy??? Too funny!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, those would belong to the reluctant cat-daddy!
He is so enamored with this guy it's crazy! After he got home from picking me up from work, he went to visit Tumble and let him play with the door shut. He was there for an hour! Then, a little while later, he was back in there with him. When I got home from work yesterday, the DH had worked up a feeding schedule for him. Uh huh...really didn't want another cat...uh huh!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cat of a thousand names!!
I love his markings. And I LOVE that daddy finally figured out he needed that new cat.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Isn't it funny how men try to do the whole macho "we don't need another cat" thing, but fall so hard once there is a beautiful little one around?

He's a doll hun!

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks wonderful, Stephanie!

If you had seen him when I pulled him from that filthy underbelly of the car, all soaked to to the skin and completely terrified, you'd never know it's the same kitten. He's got it made in the shade, now!

I showed a cat loving guy friend of mine from Ft Worth the pictures and the story. He's wondering what he can do to be adopted by you now! LOL

Enjoy (as I KNOW you are!)

Cally

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks everyone. He is just so cute!! This morning when I let him out of his cage for his morning romp and to clean his cage and litter box, he did NOT immediately go under the bed. Instead, he rubbed against my ankles and gave me a head butt on my hand when I reached down to let him sniff me!!
He continues to do so well and is getting acclimated to everything and gaining confidence.

The husband is really in love with the little guy. Mark has a naturally calming presence about him and I think Tumble picks up on that.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As of today, he is out of the cage full time and there's a screen door on that room's door. He's loved it, but I think he's spent the majority of his day snoozing under the bed!
He's starting to recognize our voices and he'll come to the door when we talk to him. He's met the girls, but they're not happy with him yet. They're hissing less frequently now, which is a good thing.