Meet The Girls!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi, All! I signed on with this wonderful place in December but just realized I had forgotten to introduce my three girls. Iris, the long-haired calico, and Tiger Lily, the long-haired tabby, are almost 14, sisters from the same litter. I got them as kittens and assumed they would be lifelong friends. No. They hate each other. Sigh. But they love me so it’s all good!

In October, I gave myself a birthday present of a third kitty that I adopted from the animal sanctuary where I volunteer. Mocha is probably about three years old, and it’s been a slow process to gain her trust. She had been mistreated and was half wild. It took weeks before I could touch her, but as I write this, she is curled up next to me purring. She’s come a long way. I can’t pick her up and she won’t get on my lap, but she follows me around, head butts me for attention, and purrs constantly. She’s an absolute sweetheart. Iris and Lily, however, are not pleased—although Mocha adores them!

I also want to introduce my angel Max because I still think about him constantly. I lost my gray and white boy last summer at age 20. I found him by the side of the road in 1997. He was always such a happy guy.

I’ve had cats for 45 years (yeah, a long time) and always more than one. My husband says they’re my hobby, but they’re more than that. They’re my heart. I can’t imagine life without them.

E605B929-363C-42CF-89E5-C52969406432.jpeg

Iris

56860F34-2D1A-4055-B67C-EABF137A691C.jpeg

Lily

868C6CE4-B93D-4B43-8AA8-BF1E8077F9CB.jpeg

Mocha

F36D4D5C-0A10-418F-B44E-2F2CCCF5CA64.jpeg

Max, my angel cat (now with angels Sara, Brandy, Teddy Bear and Mayflower). Can you see the bead of water on his chin? So cute.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
D28BC97C-4130-4506-BE6F-2D6C2F31E4A5.gif
Tobermorey, Iris, Tiger Lily and Mocha, on behalf of The Catsite community, a belated
A5BB8894-91F5-4665-8C5E-D8CD3EFBBED6.gif
to all of you.

So
14D2ED64-0EC9-4A52-A97A-EDC1B6D0413E.gif
to hear about Max, Sara, Brandy, Teddy Bear and Mayflower.

Glad that Mocha adores Iris and Lily and they all love you. Your kitties are lovely :happycat::lovecat::lovecat4:

See ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and (belated) welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2:

Iris and Tiger Lily are beautiful. I smiled when I read how as they were siblings you thought they'd be life long friends, but in fact, they hate each other. Silly sisters, just like human ones, don't always get along. ;)

Mocha is orange like my Ruby. :lovecat2: They say orange cats are usually male, but there's more and more orange girls popping up in these forums. Glad you're finally earning Mocha's trust. :catlove:Not surprised the sisters don't like her, since they don't even like each other. ;)

RIP sweet Max. You were a very handsome boy. :angel:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello and (belated) welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2:

Iris and Tiger Lily are beautiful. I smiled when I read how as they were siblings you thought they'd be life long friends, but in fact, they hate each other. Silly sisters, just like human ones, don't always get along. ;)

Mocha is orange like my Ruby. :lovecat2: They say orange cats are usually male, but there's more and more orange girls popping up in these forums. Glad you're finally earning Mocha's trust. :catlove:Not surprised the sisters don't like her, since they don't even like each other. ;)

RIP sweet Max. You were a very handsome boy. :angel:
Mayflower was a beautiful orange girl, too! She was long haired with a white bib.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site :wave3:
I love the pic of Max with the bead of water on his chin :redheartpump: That's so cute !
You sure have some beautiful kitties :heartshape:

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site :wave3:
I love the pic of Max with the bead of water on his chin :redheartpump: That's so cute !
You sure have some beautiful kitties :heartshape:
The kitties should thank you for the compliment, but being cats, they simply looked self satisfied. :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well...then...OFFICIALLY WELCOME! Good grief, but your cats are gorgeous! It is lovely to meet new members, but when one says "My cats are my heart" something in me leaps for joy. I think most of us, if not all, feel that way, but it is sweet to hear it!

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gotta love the cats no matter what! Glad you get it. Welcome to the forum.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Well...then...OFFICIALLY WELCOME! Good grief, but your cats are gorgeous! It is lovely to meet new members, but when one says "My cats are my heart" something in me leaps for joy. I think most of us, if not all, feel that way, but it is sweet to hear it!
Thank you! Iris, in particular, really works the camera. It’s that tail. :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Another warm welcome to TCS! :wave3: Your girls are simply gorgeous.:hearthrob: My sincere regrets about the passing of your sweet boy, Max. :angel: You really should post the above pic of Iris in the picture thread about fluffy tails: Fluffy Tails :]

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Another warm welcome to TCS! :wave3: Your girls are simply gorgeous.:hearthrob: My sincere regrets about the passing of your sweet boy, Max. :angel: You really should post the above pic of Iris in the picture thread about fluffy tails: Fluffy Tails :]
A fluffy tails thread! Iris and I will head on over. Lily has a fluffy tail as well, but her body is also much more...um...fluffy...than Iris's so it's not as noticeable. (What was that cat card by Sandra Boynton, the cartoonist? "I'm not fat, I'm fluffy.")

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
(What was that cat card by Sandra Boynton, the cartoonist? "I'm not fat, I'm fluffy.")
I love Sandra Boynton and discovered her a long time ago. I saved a cat mug that says, "Everyone's entitled to my opinion." :biggrin: I also have a set of Kliban cat mugs that features a chubby tabby with red sneakers.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
I love Sandra Boynton and discovered her a long time ago. I saved a cat mug that says, "Everyone's entitled to my opinion." :biggrin: I also have a set of Kliban cat mugs that features a chubby tabby with red sneakers.
I have a Sandra Boynton mug, too! "The little joys of teaching are without number." I used to teach 7th and 8th grade. My husband, who was a college professor, grabbed it and took it to his office. I'd forgotten about Kliban! "Love to eat them mousies." :)