Meet The Fosters

JoyM

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, All! I constantly foster and thought it would be fun to share my current foster kitties with everyone. They are about 7wk old and I received them when they were 1wk old. They are a roudy crew that keep us laughing.

These are my furry jellybeans at 1wk old.
And this is them today.

Margo is a solid grey little girl who can be a bit whiny but is also very playful and extremely intelligent. She is usually the first one to figure out how to escape a playpen and get into place she shouldn’t.
Pictures don’t do her justice! She doesn’t even look real. More like a perfect velvet Beanie Baby.

Alfie is an adorable trouble making ginger. He figured out how much he loved wet food at 3wk old (this normally occurs at 5-6wk old). While I am fixing their food, he can usually be found climbing up my leg and has been known to make it up to the top of my head.
He is also a vicious little hunter that is obsessed with wand toys and will growl when he catches it and will not let go!

Flint is my Velcro-kitty. He attaches himself to anyone willing to pick him up and never wants to be put down. He also has an insta-purr. When you reach out to pet him, he starts purring and will continue purring as long as he is with you. I have watched an entire movie with him purring on my lap.

Jubilee is a mischievous little girl. She was the second to smallest but makes up for it with personality. She loves to be surrounded by toys and to run up and down a cat tree but still finds time to snuggle with my youngest child.

Suzy-Q is the runt of the litter and the most outgoing. She will be your furry little shadow; chasing you down wherever you go. She is the first one at your feet when you walk into a room and is not intimidated by active children or other cats.

If you have or are fostering, share your pictures too. These are just 5 of the 9 I have been fostering over the last 6 weeks. They should be going up for adoption in the next couple weeks. I’m going to print out a profile about each one with their cutest pictures to be posted on their cages at the shelter so potential adopters can get to know them better and hopefully be drawn to them. Does anyone else have any ideas to help get them adopted quickly? I’m a bit selfish and want my foster babies to find their families immediately. I don’t want them sitting at the shelter for a minute longer than they have to!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
20190606_093057.jpg :happycat: They are absolutely delightful!! You have done a wonderful job!! I do hope and pray that they get adopted out in pairs. I have a very feisty singleton and getting her to play nice is a challenge - the older cats and the dog hesitate to discipline her and if anyone plays too rough, she attacks fiercely and when they leave, she bites the ankles of their back legs fiercely. She is tiny for her age (she is 2 months on the first of July) but cute. View attachment 290471

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are ALL absolutely adorable! Thank you for fostering! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JoyM

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Singletons are always a challenge because of bite inhibition. I’m fortunate enough to have an adult male cat that is obsessed with kittens so he helps me teach them manners. He will hold them down when they get too feisty and make them calm down.
I have found that scruffing them (holding them by the skin at the back of the neck like their mother would) makes them release a hard bite and then I hold them like that until they calm down a little when they get too rough. That or picking them up by their scruff and putting them down immediately. They start learning that the fun ends when they act like that.
Your singleton looks just like the singleton, Leo, that I just returned to the shelter for adoption this week. He was a few weeks older than this crew but came into the shelter at the same time so I took him as well.
Then my husband’s ex-wife called me in a panic and few weeks later after finding 3 emaciated tabby kittens at her job. Normally I wouldn’t dare take on 9 kittens of three different ages at once but since they were found outside of the shelter district and all the fosters were full, they agreed to let them be treated by their vet IF I kept them and fostered them too. Sooo.... I’m up to my ears in mini-panthers.
Honestly, none of us expected the 3 emaciated kittens to survive. They were just in such horrible shape that we thought it would be a loosing battle but somehow they ALL lived and are doing great.