Meet Sid

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mikev078

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poor Sid developed a URI I believe. Last couple of days he has been sneezing up a storm and his eyes look a little puffy. I've got a Vet visit scheduled tomorrow, so hopefully it isn't anything too bad.

He is in great spirits though. Still very talkative and loves to stay with me
To keep his fur in check, I brush him every evening. I am beginning to think he is addicted to that brush, LOL. If I walk anywhere near the cabinet I keep the brush in, he is talking up a storm and gets all excited, LOL. Brushing him is a huge task though. His eyes won't let go of the brush. He loves it around his chin and will move his head anywhere that brush is, haha. Making it a bit difficult at timesto brush the rest of his body. He whines a little too when I put the brush away. Too funny though

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sid loves his brushing.

I will be watching for your post vet update tomorrow.

Sid

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read your other thread where you were looking for a cat and just want to say congrats on getting such a beautiful special boy! I'm glad he is settling in well and i hope he will soon be feeling better

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Mike!

It must been brought up by the stress of moving... Ask the vet about putting him on L-Lysine. You can probably get it from them; I get mine online as it is cheaper and powder, 100% pure, so I just mix it to their water - it keeps URI at bay here in my house.
Good luck tomorrow

mikev078

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

Hi Mike!

It must been brought up by the stress of moving... Ask the vet about putting him on L-Lysine. You can probably get it from them; I get mine online as it is cheaper and powder, 100% pure, so I just mix it to their water - it keeps URI at bay here in my house.
Good luck tomorrow
Thanks for the tip. I'll look into that.

mikev078

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update from the Vet visit:

Sid was quite nervous going to the Vet, but he was a good boy on the table. The checkup was good as he had no severe problems. Just a confirmed URI which I was given some pill meds, Lysine, and eyedrops to give him. I pill popper is impossible to give him direct since he has an amazing talent for closing up his throat and salivating to push the pill out. However, if I leave it sitting on top of his dry food bowl, he eats it just fine, LOL. The Lysine he has difficulty taking as well, but if I mix it in his water, he does just fine.

Lastly, the eye drops are a fun one to give him. I have to be sneeky and brush him for a bit, then I'll back him inbetween my legs and hold his head. Then I can get the eye drops in. He usually hates me for about an hour after that, but forgives me afterwards when I offer to brush him

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good job getting Sid right to the vet. URI are common in newly adotped cats.

Queen Eva (my new kitten) was showing some slight discharge in eyes and nose, only once in a very great while, not enough to cause concern, and just white, no yellow or green. I started her on l-lysine (I have a cat with herpes eyes who has been taking it for years) three days after the came home, (so she's been on it 10 days) and I haven't seen any discharges at all in the past few days.

L-lysine is great at controlling (not curing) herpes, but also gives a good boost to the immune system.