Meet Greta!

nobuggy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Some back story: Found this little beauty roaming around my dad’s house a few weeks back. Friendlier than most feral or stray cats! Walked right up to my dad and worked her magic! We took her in right away, as she was clearly malnourished and dehydrated. It’s been hard to get her in with our vet (first wellness check up October 19th, thanks a lot COVID). We’ve managed to get her some of her core shots so far, luckily. Not at the best clinic but she’s overall in great health so we’re not too concerned. Anyway, what we want to know is, what kind of cat do you guys think she is?? We’re guessing she’s about 8-9 weeks...maybe 10? She has a big furry tail, tufts on her paws and ears. Her paws are also huge... at least in my opinion! We have another baby, Sadie (1 1/2) and Greta’s paws are practically the same size! So what do you guys think?! Let me know, and thanks! 😋

B0595843-2D17-41EB-B25A-35477162AE5E.jpeg
D7034F41-F883-4EEF-95DD-03BAE7615A15.jpeg
C15C51E8-CF34-4718-8CA6-6429122E36AE.jpeg
D0136072-53C1-4C94-8B99-59C0E535D7A2.jpeg

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
What a beauty! She'll be classed as a domestic, but others more knowledgeable than me will come to give you an exact description.

I could well be wrong, but I think her feet are so big because she's been malnourished for some time, poor baby. She hasn't grown into them.
Thank you so much for giving her a loving home. :redheartpump:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is absolutely beautiful! thank you so much for saving her! She is a gray DLH, or domestic long hair, she will have longer hair when she grows up and a magnificent tail. The 'M' on her forehead is perfect, indicating a tabby. The large paws indicate she will be a larger cat when grown, (or she was malnourished as stated above) her background may include some Maine Coon or some other large breed. She does look thin, her long hair may be hiding bones from not eating properly before you found her. I'll bet she's eating well now! Remember, cats do not do well at all on cow's milk after a certain age, so offer her goat's milk (often found in the dairy section, Walmart has it) or Kitten milk replacer, and as much as she will eat several times a day, kitten food has extra calories and nutrition. do this until she is at least a year, old. congratulations!