Meet Chilly Marvin- Grey striped Siberian

beesto

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you thecatsite.com!  It is because of you and my original posting of my first kitten that I ended up with my new second kitten I've been dreaming of since I got the first.  See below for pics.  Here's the story. 

I've wanted a second Siberian (I'm allergic to most cats, but not Siberians) every since my first one that I got on Mother's Day last year but my husband wasn't too keen on it because of the cost. 

I originally started posting on the thecatsite.com a year ago as I was waiting for my first kitten and trying to learn everything I could about being a cat mama.  I got excellent information and was very grateful to your caring members for their help!

A few weeks ago, someone commented on someone else's post (IvantheSiberian) and I mistakenly thought it was to a post about my kitten.  I accidentally answered them telling them about my breeder.  To help that member I asked my breeder if she was still breeding because she was about to spay her male when I picked my Lily up.  Turns out she had actually just had her last litter (two litters after my Lily) and had one boy left.

Getting connected to your site again and asking around about Siberians had me extra obsessed in thinking about how much I wanted another!  I had been mentioning it to my husband all year but he brushed it off every time and I never pressed it- until this point!  I started begging my husband if I could get on a wait list to get another cat for Mother's Day or summer.  After a lot of talk, I was so disappointed when he said we couldn't afford it and that we could maybe talk about it next year.  Within an hour of this final verdict I got an email from my breeder (who again I had only emailed just to double check for that member who had written IvantheSiberian) She sent me 4 gorgeous pics of her last Siberian from her very last litter.  If I wanted him he was available THAT DAY!  Plus she agreed to a discounted price because I had bought a cat from her before.  I showed my husband, told him he was Lily's younger brother, that the price was discounted by $400 and that this all seemed like fate.  He thought about it a few more hours and said YES!  I picked him up that night.  I am so thrilled.  My new male cat, Chilly Marvin, is colored like Ivan (not quite the same eyes though... more of a hazel yellow green). He is so sweet- doesn't nip or scratch ever- and just wants to be petted and played with.  He's so snuggly and he's so super cute and beautiful.

Now I'm using thecatsite.com to learn about my two cats meeting and getting along.  For now the new kitten is in a separate room and I'm exchanging smells and letting them get curious about each other.

Anyway.. I wanted to say thank you for this great site and IvantheSiberians' post that made someone ask them about their breeder, which made me accidentally think she was talking to me, which made me contact my breeder and start begging my husband for a cat, and which made me suddenly have one that very weekend!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!    I never knew because of my cat allergies what a cat person I was and how much happiness my cats would bring to my life.  I definitely needed two and now my dreams came true.

Bonnie

Bonnie

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Be still my heart
  He is one handsome little beastie

Great story too

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now see, wasn't "Charming the Mr. " worth it, in getting that handsome little prince???

cataclysm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is a beautiful one. Is the grey striped more common than the brown one, or the brown is the most common one?

Just asking to draw it later on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beesto

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone. 

Cataclsm, the grey stripe is more common.  Thank you.

cataclysm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the answer. My brother got a brown one because of his allergies.