Meet Caspien, lounging in his strawberry

Owlmaid

Tiedyedowl
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! We’re new here. Casp is unfortunately not feeling great as he has a UTI, but is on meds and will hopefully feel better soon. He’s sleeping on my lap, and we‘re glad to be here. Our story is a fun one, so I thought I’d tell it:

One night, eleven years ago, a university student was preparing to go home. He packed up his car with all his stuff and went to bed, planning to leave in the morning. However, he didn’t realize he had left one of the car windows partially down…

A pregnant cat saw this opening and thought, “What a perfect, comfortable, and warm place to have my kittens!”

The next morning, the student came down to find a mother, eight kittens, and quite a mess all over his stuff. He was a good guy though, and drove to a vet he knew to ask what he should do. The vet decided to take in the mother and kittens at the facility, (they had a boarding area, and plenty of room), to insure the health of all and to find homes.

It was a pretty genius plan. Anytime someone came in with their pet, someone would ask, “Hey, want to see some newborn kittens?!“ Who’d say no to that? And then, they’d casually mention the kittens were up for adoption as soon as they were old enough to be away from Mom.

It sure worked with me. I came in with my baby Willoughby, who has since passed. (She was so sick, but such a sweetheart.) I saw Caspien, and fell in love. He came home with me when he was old enough, and we’ve been together ever since.

Attachments

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh that's a great story! :clapcat: I'm sorry about Willoughby. It's hard to lose our beloved companions. I'm also glad Caspien was there--you were both in the right time at the right place! What a cutie.

Welcome to TCS!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
ddfdf3aea4505a09a8773682249eaa7f.jpg
Owlmaid and Caspien, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
04dc1171beeb7d41f8292ff3afb1cc22.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Caspian is a handsome dude :hearthrob: :redheartpump: and we hope he's on the fast track to recovery from his UTI :vibes::vibes::vibes: Do post more photos of him and we have a special thread here just for him in black-cats-only.268663 and many more fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty is up to and currently, we have a 'Picture of The month' contest going on here in picture-of-the-month-competition-november-2021-cats-inspecting-things.437063 and do join in if your kitty fits the description.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Love the pic of Caspien and his strawberry bed. 🍓
Also love the cool story of his origins, and how he came about to be adopted by you. :petcat:
Sorry about his UTI. Hope he feels better soon.:redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Owlmaid

Tiedyedowl
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I’m excited to have found this site, and that there’s a special black cat area is fun. I’ll check out the monthly photo thing, that sounds really fun!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Owlmaid

Tiedyedowl
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Love the pic of Caspien and his strawberry bed. 🍓
Also love the cool story of his origins, and how he came about to be adopted by you. :petcat:
Sorry about his UTI. Hope he feels better soon.:redheartpump:
Thanks! He’s currently sleeping in my lap, knocked out from his meds. Ruby is beautifu!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you both! We are so happy you have joined the site, another addition to the family! :heartshape:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! I hope Caspian is better SOON!