Meet Boone and Gracie

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We lost one of our 16 year old cats in February and his sister in May. We were heartbroken. Then these two came along as if sent from Heaven. We didn't intend on getting more cats so soon (literally a week or two after our girl died) but we knew our house was empty without animals. Lady found them in her barn along with Momma and two more kittens. She literally captured the babies the day we showed up to look at them. She was keeping them in a crab pot. :lol2: It took a few weeks for them to get used to us and stop running and hissing at us. I am their favorite by far (much to the displeasure of my husband who is the real cat lover in the family).

I was told by others that they might have some Bengal in them due to the spots. I saw Momma and she was grey with black spots. One of the parents must have some calico in them because Gracie and one of her sisters seem to look like calicos too. Boone is the lovebug and Gracie is the troublemaker. I have always touted myself as a dog person but I think these two have converted me to the "cat side". We've had them since May 27th and I've bought tons of toys and two cat trees already!

They are scheduled for spay/neuter on 8/5. I wanted them done with their baby shots first. I will no doubt be a nervous wreck until they are safely back with me. 🥺

Attachments

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: Thanks for introducing us to Boone and Gracie and giving them a forever home. They are precious and, of course, the female is the troublemaker. lol. :biggrin: Although I've also had dogs we've never been without a cat since we've been married. There's just something about the nature of cats that makes a house a home. :catlove:

Best of luck on August 5 when they get spayed/neutered. Please feel free to post more pics of your lovely duo. :hearthrob:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: Thanks for introducing us to Boone and Gracie and giving them a forever home. They are precious and, of course, the female is the troublemaker. lol. :biggrin: Although I've also had dogs we've never been without a cat since we've been married. There's just something about the nature of cats that makes a house a home. :catlove:

Best of luck on August 5 when they get spayed/neutered. Please feel free to post more pics of your lovely duo. :hearthrob:
We have also had a cat(s) our entire marriage (23 years!) We literally inherited a cat when we moved into our house. She must have been somebody's pet because she was already fixed. She was an indoor/outdoor cat (her choice, not ours). She ended up passing away from Cushing's which the vet said normally kills them as kittens. The outer layer of skin was not attached to the rest of the layers and split open one day. :eek: But because it wasn't attached, no blood. Vet said there was no way to fix it so we had to put her down.

Our next cats were brother and sister that we had for 16 years.

felinelover2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are so cute. Welcome and I'm glad you all found each other. I can relate to the buying (or over-buying?) of toys and treats for the new babies :)

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-463535.gif
klunick, Boone and Gracie, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
d6de63c951a6c6aeac8e765a1757a51b.jpg
to all of you to the cat side.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

We are so
IMG_3272.GIF
to hear about your other 2 cats:alright: but are glad that you've found Boone and Gracie and they are gorgeous! :hearthrob::redheartpump:

We have a special thread here just for them in :- show-me-your-stripes-and-spots-tabby-cats-only.347378 and many other fun threads here fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitties are up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are so cute. Welcome and I'm glad you all found each other. I can relate to the buying (or over-buying?) of toys and treats for the new babies :)
It hasn't reached the over buying stage yet but I did create a Pinterest board of all the things I would like to buy for them in the future. :lol2: One of my boys made a remark recently that I never got our other cats toys or a cat tree. Although he is right about the cat tree, I did buy toys when they were younger and more active. He was just too young to remember. Plus we recently spent a lot of money redoing our living room and bought all new furniture. The last thing I want is for the kittens to be ripping all of it up by scratching or climbing all over it. The toys and cat tree are hopefully distracting enough to prevent that.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Boone and Gracie are gorgeous. :catlove: Glad they came into your lives to help heal your broken hearts.

If/when you feel up to it, we have a Crossing the Bridge forum where you can post a tribute to your 16 year old sibling cats. RIP sweet kitties. :angel:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What adorable kittens! I know that they are going to have wonderful lives with you! And welcome to the catside!

View attachment 344261
Geez... those types of cats are so freaking scary looking. :lol: Can't say I am completely on the cat side. We will have to see if things continue where Mommy is their favorite. If I become "the one they tolerate" like it was with my other two, I won't be so pro-cat anymore. ;)

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a call into the surgery place but just curious what y'all think. The appointment for tonight to finish up the vaccines had to be canceled due to an emergency by the vet. I got it rescheduled for 8/3. Do you think it will still be ok to get Boone and Gracie fixed on 8/5 or do you think I should push it back to allow for more time in between?

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a call into the surgery place but just curious what y'all think. The appointment for tonight to finish up the vaccines had to be canceled due to an emergency by the vet. I got it rescheduled for 8/3. Do you think it will still be ok to get Boone and Gracie fixed on 8/5 or do you think I should push it back to allow for more time in between?
Disregard. Started having a major panic attack about having the vaccines so close to the surgery date that I called the vet and got it switched to next Thursday. That gives the babies almost a week between procedures.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why does he always lay like this?? Doesn't he know how silly he looks?? :lol2:
Is YouTube monitoring my pics? Scrolling YouTube and a Jackson Galaxy video pops up on "splooting". Apparently Boone does this to cool down his body temp. Now I know. He isn't weird afterall.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boone had added to his sploot. Now he will do it and then crawl along the carpet commando style. :lol2:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boone and Gracie had their surgeries yesterday. The vet kept canceling their appointment to get their final Distemper and Leukemia vaccine so I opted to let the spay place due it while they were there anyway. The only surprise was that they tattooed Gracie which I thought only happened in strays that were going to be released again. Needless to say, we are all happy it is over with.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boone got tattooed too! His is small though. I had no idea until I watched a YouTube video about how they tattoo cats and saw they do males too. Did a more "in depth " check and saw a small one on Boone. Gracie seems more interested in her tattoo than her surgery site.