Meet Beau

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He needs to see a vet - runny eyes and sneezing is NOT healthy. And he really needs a good grooming job too. You can use a small cake pan for a litter box.

Hope the vet can help him out. BTW he does look like a purebred pet quality persian to me.

How old is he supposed to be? And what state do you live in.

happy cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
glad the vet saw you-now you can get a good night's sleep.

try combing from the ends inward towards the scalp and don't wet it. that will only make the mats tighter.

glad he's doing good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pigeoned

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...1112072214.jpg
Here he is chowing down on his dry food!

I've combed so much hair out of his fur! I'm pretty sure I'll have to shave his belly (I don't have clippers, so I'll have to wait til I visit my mom on Thanksgiving); it's almost completely matted.

Pretty much all I'm concerned about right now are the fleas. Would I be able to give him Capstar after I gave him Advantage? If so, I'm going to call the vet tomorrow and see if I can get some. Also, should I be worried about getting them myself? Or even passing them on to Braxton?

pigeoned

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also, how should I clean the bathroom? Will rubbing down everything with disinfectant wipes be enough, or should I go look for a flea spray or something?

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pigeoned

Also, how should I clean the bathroom? Will rubbing down everything with disinfectant wipes be enough, or should I go look for a flea spray or something?
I never had to deal with fleas on my persains, but I would be careful with spraying the bathroom and with the disinfectants with the cat still in there. You got to make sure that whatever it is you are using won't harm the cat.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is very pretty! Did the lady offer any evidence as to why she thinks he is purebred? Not that I'm saying he isn't, but you should have some papers for him from her, or at least a reason why there aren't any.

You should not need to use anything except the Advantage for the fleas - that should take care of them. Do not overdose him with flea meds - they could be toxic in the wrong amounts. If they have not gone by Wed when he goes in for his neuter talk to the vet about it.

Good luck with him - he is a gorgeous kitty.

pigeoned

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I found a flea. I didn't realize they were like 2mm long! I thought they were little microscopic bugs that were leaping around my bathroom and getting into my hair and stuff. Guess not
. When I was brushing him this morning with the flea comb, I only found a few specks of flea dirt (I was only brushing his back though; the rest is matted), so I hope the Advantage is working.

Beau has lots of boogers coming out of his nose, and it seems like it's making it harder for him to breathe. He also breathes really noisily, but I'm assuming all persians are like that because of the facial structure. I was wiping his face with some toilet paper, and there was brown stuff on the paper! I freaked out thinking it was blood, but it's just gunk coming out of his eyes.

Another thing that concerns me is his right eye... he doesn't open it up all the way. Is it something that I should be worried about, or do you guys think it's just from his cold or whatever he has?
You can see it in this picture
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...1111072328.jpg

This Petsmart wellness program is awesome! You get free unlimited vet visits on it, so I'm not freaking out, wondering if I can afford it or not

Also, I got Beau's previous name, his previous owner's first name, and the area of the vet they went to, so I'm in the process of contacting people to try and get any information about him =)

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sounds like he's making a lot of progress!! Looks like he's going to be a gorgeous lovebug!

Not to be too gross, but if the stuff coming out of his nose is colored (yellow or red) he's got to have antibiotics. I'm surprised the vet didn't suggest that when they listened to his breathing. I would keep him away from any other cats until he's getting treatment for the URI.

Be very careful trimming out any mats that you don't cut his delicate skin.

welcome to TCS!

pigeoned

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

sounds like he's making a lot of progress!! Looks like he's going to be a gorgeous lovebug!

Not to be too gross, but if the stuff coming out of his nose is colored (yellow or red) he's got to have antibiotics. I'm surprised the vet didn't suggest that when they listened to his breathing. I would keep him away from any other cats until he's getting treatment for the URI.

Be very careful trimming out any mats that you don't cut his delicate skin.

welcome to TCS!
The vet gave him antibiotics. The stuff coming out of his nose is just greenish boogers, but the stuff coming out of his eyes is a reddish brown color (I thought it was blood at first!). How long should it take for it to clear up? I feel so bad for him because my bathroom is so small!