Meeka Gone For Breeding

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually I'll be having a 46 to 55 gallon (pretty sure it will be 46). The 10 gallon was when I was young. I guess I didn't specify
. In the larger tanks you can't go by the inch per gallon either as every fish contributes differently to the bio-load. Cichlids and goldfish are awful on the bioload but tetras and shrimp don't effect things as much.

Are you sure your thinking of the same with ottos? The ones I"m talking about max at 2 inches and most I see are tiny. Heres the one I'm looking at but all the pet stores carry them too:
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...cfm?pCatId=923
They are one of the smallest algea eaters and preffered for algea cleanup in planted tanks (people swear by them!). Heres a great thread I've found on algea-eaters:
http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums...ad.php?t=16892

That aquaricentral.com forum is great, its the other board I frequent right now. I've learned sooo much!

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just realized you might not be able to see those threads without registering
. Oh they have a salt-water section too.

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks for the info on that. I never tried the urine thing I just threw a few damsels in and let the tank cycle. It was a long process though. If you were going with salt i'd gladly send you some filter gunk-lol
But since your not I can't help you there....

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah the ottos around here are two inches but they like groups ( some say five )... Ahhh bigger tank you would be fine..lol... I dont go by the one inch rule ... i go by who gets along..lol

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Now who's going OT??
Yeah we have to say "Meeka, Meeka, Meeka" there....were back on topic now....shame on us-lol
You think by now Meeka is clicking her heels and saying "There's no place like home"

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha yah we need to make an aquarium thread me thinks.

I found out about another pet store that has aquarium stuff that isn't to far. I think I will take Hope with me. I'm going to see if I can still socialize her more for showing but it may be a little to late.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It took Meeka about 3 minutes before she got out of the carrier in the car (those soft sided carriers never hold her in). I thought she would be mad at me but far from it!! She was sooo happy to see me and was rubbing all over me. I gave her a bath right away as she had been outside and felt it. She wasn't that hard to handle, must have been so happy to be home.

Well I thought Hope would be thrilled and she is not. She hisses at Meeka everytime she sees her. Could it be possible she dosen't remember her in 1.5 weeks as she is 8.5 months old? I'm kind of thinking she smells different even after a bath and is mad at her for leaving?? Oh I hope she comes around.

The male, Yogi, is doing fine. He's a real sweatie. This might sound funny but he really sounds more like a trilling parrot than a cat. I mean its sooo cute but really dosne't sound like a cat. Every one of my cat trills but he calls with a trill and has a softer voice. Is this normal for males or is this just his own vocalizations? Its very cute. He hasn't sprayed yet. Hes real laid back and though a little shy of me petting him, will still come right up to me (curiosity takes hold). He really is a very sweet boy.

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals

It took Meeka about 3 minutes before she got out of the carrier in the car (those soft sided carriers never hold her in). I thought she would be mad at me but far from it!! She was sooo happy to see me and was rubbing all over me. I gave her a bath right away as she had been outside and felt it. She wasn't that hard to handle, must have been so happy to be home.

Well I thought Hope would be thrilled and she is not. She hisses at Meeka everytime she sees her. Could it be possible she dosen't remember her in 1.5 weeks as she is 8.5 months old? I'm kind of thinking she smells different even after a bath and is mad at her for leaving?? Oh I hope she comes around.

The male, Yogi, is doing fine. He's a real sweatie. This might sound funny but he really sounds more like a trilling parrot than a cat. I mean its sooo cute but really dosne't sound like a cat. Every one of my cat trills but he calls with a trill and has a softer voice. Is this normal for males or is this just his own vocalizations? Its very cute. He hasn't sprayed yet. Hes real laid back and though a little shy of me petting him, will still come right up to me (curiosity takes hold). He really is a very sweet boy.
It's probably because the new male is around and meeka smells different. When a new cat comes around the cats get all hissy untill they smell the familiar cats rear and realize it's the friend and not the new cat. She'll be ok once she realizes it's Meeka.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just thought I'd update. All cats are back to normal
. I saw Meeka grooming Hope this morning. What a lovely site!!

My dad will be bringing over the finished cat pen today! Woohoo!! Yay for Yogi. Its a gigantic piece of furniture that will be parked in the living room for now. That boy is soooo loving! His personality is wonderful and he reacts very strongly to catnip.

ladie7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
so did you get them to mate? Are you having kitties? I was following your whole post and am excited to find out if they mated yet!!!!!!!!!!

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No not yet. Its all up to the girl. Currently she can't stand Yogi and every chance she gets she will go up and growl at him. I'm hoping this all changes once the hormones get going.

I'm thinking the first week of February and no later that she will come back into heat. So far none of the usual pre-heat signs have even shown up.

passiquepersian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am sure Meeka will go into heat soon, I know my girls should any day. I have persians. Meeka is a gorgeous cat and I am sure she will warm right up to Yogi when she is in heat....LOL. My girls go visit the studs house and they are the same way, but they eventually warm up to Simba or Asa, whoever I choose. This time I will choose both as I have 2 females now.
It is hard to be patient, I know, my friend keeps telling me, it's like a watched pot never boils.....