Medical update on my feral Cally

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

Not necessarily. My cats have not been vaccinated for FIV. They do not go outside & will never be exposed so why do the vaccination? My vet never even recommended it. I also believe the jury is still out on how well the vaccination works.

And TNR would explain the perfect little notch out of her ear.
An educated cat owner may skip it, general public won't be as informed and vets rarely stop to say "hey, this vaccine may be unneeded." - it'll cost them money.

My Sho's had it. I had told the vet tech to mark down that I didn't think it was necessary but they took him back and the vet used the combo with it.

And yes, I'd say Cally is used to people. A feral takes a lot longer to win over and allow touching. If you want her to forgive you sooner wet food and treats makes any cat happy.
Does she brrr at you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I forgot to mention. The vet who saw Cally very kindly did not charge me for the tooth they pulled. :-) Its not a big deal, but I've always appreciated that kind of small courtesy that business owners do for their customers.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

Oh, I forgot to mention. The vet who saw Cally very kindly did not charge me for the tooth they pulled. :-) Its not a big deal, but I've always appreciated that kind of small courtesy that business owners do for their customers.
Wow that is nice. I don't think my vet would do it free of charge & I've spent a lot of money at the vets office.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe it's a southern thing? The vet I use hasn't charged me for some visits and medication.