Meat Grinder Recommendations?

Bug 'n Co

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys. Thinking of getting a meat grinder. Never had one before. Could do handling bone, or not. Cheap is good, quality is good. Let me know what you suggest. Online ordering a plus

Thanks

Not for every meal. My dog needs organs hidden, and it would be nice to have pre made patties frozen for petsitters to defrost, or to shove in someone else's fridge while visiting family(tend not to appreciate rats lol). Would also be helpful if the cat would accept ground mixes every now and again, instead of all whole prey all the time.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I bought a Tasin TS-108 from http://www.onestopjerkyshop.com in December based on recommendations from several sources. I grind chicken thigh bones although I’ve found it does better when I cut off the little knobby things on the end. It won’t do heavy bones. Dr. Pierson on catinfo.org has a helpful discussion on grinders here: Making Cat Food:

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the same model, a Tasin TS-108, from One Stop Jerky Shop. No complaints at all. It will grind up a whole rabbit, bones and all, in no time.

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I also bought the Tasin-108 from www.onestopjerkyshop.com, handles all the cornish hens I grind very easily. Quality grinder, especially if you are grinding chicken thighs and other small bones. Occasionally I grind just boneless too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bug 'n Co

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Y'all are great; knew you'd know. :)