Mean guys throwing things at my feral cats.

redlady1985

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is there a law that if someone hurts a feral cat i can contact the humane society about.I live in jax fl and i caught two young guys throwing bottles at my colony cats i feed every night at the boat ramp. I have three ramps and 23 cats every night. What can i do to stop these thugs?

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried talking to these guys to let them know that these are your cats? If you've taken them to the vet to get fixed or neutered and have the paperwork, then legally they are your cats. You can let them know that if they hurt or kill any of your cats that you will involve the local police. If they don't listen, or if you don't have paperwork for the cats, you can contact the officer at the Humane Society and inform of the situation if you know the names of these people or have an address.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is there a law that if someone hurts a feral cat i can contact the humane society about.I live in jax fl and i caught two young guys throwing bottles at my colony cats i feed every night at the boat ramp. I have three ramps and 23 cats every night. What can i do to stop these thugs?
Yes, I agree. if its possible, talking with these guys directly may be the best. Them knowing they are know may ashame them.   With a little luck, you may even get them interested in helping you...  Propose them to choose each one favorite, and challenge them to take extra care of that favorite...

If that doesnt helps, you can try to talk with their parents.

And or, you can talk with the humane society anyways, the exact wording of the laws or not.  They will surely be able to both listen to you, and give you some advices.

Ps.   I hope you are doing some TNR on these cats?  If so, its even easier to explain why not to hurt them.