Me & my two guys....

snp81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone.

I'm new here, discovered this forum the other night when, after neutering my guys, I notice that one of them had one eye dilated & the other was not. Turns out that it was just a reaction to the anesthesia, since he was OK in the morning.

I find it funny that I am posting here since I've always considered myself a "dog person" I've had dogs my whole life & really think htey are the greatest pets in the world. I can't picture myself living with out one.

In the past few years cats have been making their way in to out lives. It started with Black Brotha, who was this big black street cat who would come visit when we were living with my mother while we were in between houses. HE wasn't really "ours" but we would hang out.

When we moved to this house we have now another black cat showed up, Petrolio. He was the first cat that there was no denying that he was ours. He infiltrated our family & within 3 weeks it was like he had been there 3 years. To the point where he would sometimes sleep with our 65 lb American Bulldog. He died in Feb.

So this June, while working at night I see this little limp by the side of the road, turns out it's a little black kitty. when I get out of the truck 2 more come running over. I shooed them back the warehouse that they were in front of & left, but I kept thinking about them. I thought to myself "If I see those cats dead in the road tomorrow I'm gonna feel lke a real a-hole"

So when I was done working I went by there & picked them up, but I was only able to find 2 of them. Again, sitting about a foot from the side of the road. I took them home, hoping to find a good home for atleast one of them if not both. Well, it turns out that nobody wants a black cat.

So we now have them both, they are about 6-8 months old. I would like to indruce you guys to Lears & Choripan:

when they were smaller (and uglier)

And how they are doing now

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww.....what dear beautiful blackie kitties! I've only just recently adopted a black kitten myself, she's my first blackie.

Congratulations to all of you and welcome to TCS!

Can't wait to hear more about Lears and Choripan!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snp81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thanks Otto.

Lears got his name because he was all legs & ears when I found him.

Choripan evoled from shorty (he was shorter than Lears, but much stockier & now is almost twice the size of Lears). Choripan is actually a Cuban sandwich which is chrizo (chori) & bread (pan). People here in Miami always laugh when I tell them I have a cat named Choripan.

Chripan acts like a regular cat, very similar to how Petrolio would act. Very calm cat.

Lears is the most loving & affectionate cat I have ever encountered. I just have to look at him & he starts purring.

Lears is very attached to me, while Chori is more attached to my wife.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love your kitties - they look so sleek and shiny! It's considered to be good luck to be adopted by a black kitty!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS & thank you for going back to rescue those babies!

They've grown to be quite gorgeous kitties

snp81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thanks guys. They are growing up nicely.

When I found them they were all skinny, nappy, they had scabbies & ear mites. their ears were all crusty. It was pretty gross.

When I got them home they didn't want anything to do with my dog, a 65lb American Bulldog. Now, just yesterday they were sleeping with her, lol.

I've grown incredibly attached to Lears (Choripan too, but Lears & I have a special connection). I never thought I would actualy kiss a cat, but I do.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww, they are absolutely adorable and obviously mean so much to you!
Welcome to TCS, and I look forward to getting to know you and your gorgeous black babies better.

snp81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here's a couple group shots.

Here's Chispi & Choripan

And everybody on the sofa

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you to and your furbabies to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions.

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! I LOVE your black cats! Black cats are the BEST! I have 3 currently, and have had black cats (1 to 3) since 1968.

Thanks for rescuing the babies. What a great guy you are!

I volunteer at a shelter and there are always too, too, too many black cats. Right now there are too many black kittens. I just wish I could handle more. I have two long-haired gray cats, also.

I'm working on getting photos of my cats up here. I have a digital camera that is too complicated. But, I'm getting closer to making it work. I've only been on TCS for about 8 weeks.

You're dog is really nice, too. Such a sweet face.

Robin

snp81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone.

I have to tell you that Chispi (or Chispita la Gorda, as is her complete name) is one of the best dogs I've ever had. She was a real handfull as a puppy, very hard headed & even a little aggresive, but with drill sergeant like dicipline she's become a great dog.

The little guys are also basically behaving too. We've just started letting them sleep out & about the house a few nights ago, they would usually sleep in the garage. I know you can't train cats like you do dogs, but I still think you can teach them what's right & whats wrong.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are very trainable. The methods used might be a bit different but with patience and consistency you can train your cat to do pretty much anything.

I love the pics with your doggie. What a nice fur family you have.

snp81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks, we don't have any kids, so our animals are like our children (but not in a crazy type way)

Funny, we just started letting them sleep inside, they would usually sleep in the garage. They've been behaving pretty much. So last night we were in bed & they were downstairs. I start calling Lears & within a few minutes I hear "Prrrmeow" on my side of the bed, I look down & there is Lears with this "you called me?" look on his face.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snp81

Thanks, we don't have any kids, so our animals are like our children (but not in a crazy type way)
...you obviously haven't been on this site long enough, LOL!

snp81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I mean there is this couple that i see when I walk my dog around our lake. They have some small dog & istead of actually walking it, they put it in a baby stroller & stroll it around the lake.

That seems a little crazy to me.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snp81

Well, I mean there is this couple that i see when I walk my dog around our lake. They have some small dog & istead of actually walking it, they put it in a baby stroller & stroll it around the lake.

That seems a little crazy to me.
It could be.

But on the other hand it may be that the dog can't walk as far as they do. Doggie may have a heart condition, or arthritis, or some other health issue, the prevents her/him from doing as much, but of course they want their beloved pup to still enjoy the walks.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TheCatSite.

You have a home filled with love.

You have found the right place to share it with others who feel the same as you.

Please make yourself at home.