Me And New Nfc!

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! I posted here before for advice adopting a feral kitty, but unfortunately that didn’t work out (for now at least). But I’m happy to say I found another situation, and I’m now the brand-new cat owner of a little girl I brought home last night!

Chilli (temporary name, but I might end up keeping it!) is a 3-4 year old Norwegian Forest Cat. She was described as being well-behaved and affectionate with her only flaw being she tends to meow for attention - so far that all seems to be true! Luckily her meow is quiet and pretty cute.

The journey home was long and a bit traumatic and they said she’d be very timid at first, so I expected not to see her for a couple weeks. However, soon after I went to bed she came out of her hiding place and cuddled with me! Since then she’s been alternating between cuddling, exploring, meowing, hiding, and trying her best to pretend she can fit under the couch.

She’s very sweet and I think (hope?) the meowing will lessen a little as she adjusts to the new environment. She’s eaten and drank but hasn’t used the litter box yet, so hopefully will while I’m at work today.

I’m a first time cat owner, excluding my childhood cats, so expect a lot of newbie questions and general worrying about everything. :) Glad to be here!

979E9A58-02F5-4D8F-BCE9-A674DBBF7C61.jpeg
D5143178-7744-4B4F-95FD-AA578947788F.jpeg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
7BBFA702-093F-42C1-B693-D82076228566.gif
rosegold and Chilli, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
C50E4182-ED2B-4B82-85CB-F6F57AFC7145.gif

Glad that you’ve joined us and you are in the right place for all things cat.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Chilli is beautiful :lovecat4::lovecat3:

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chili is stunning! The fact that she cuddled with you the first night is wonderful. As for meowing, all of ours are talkers and we encourage it. It's endearing. Congratulations on your beautiful girl!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for the welcome! Chili is doing amazing. I was so nervous as I was at work all day but she seems to have done just fine. We had a long play session and now she's been cuddling and purring next to me for over an hour. No more anxious loud meowing so far - now she just chirps or does tiny meows when I talk to her. She even fell asleep lying upside down next to me while kneading her front paws into the air. :loveeyes:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since then she’s been alternating between cuddling, exploring, meowing, hiding, and trying her best to pretend she can fit under the couch.
rosegold rosegold - Norwegians can fit anywhere because they're so tiny. Show her, Bob.

bobaround.jpg

Congratulations on adopting this absolutely beautiful girl; NFCs are everything people claim, and more - and I do mean, "more." At three to four years old, Chilli probably still has some growing to do, as they often grow right through their fifth year, and sometimes a little longer.

Since she's so photogenic, here's hoping that you'll share pictures of her in the Photos Forums - and since she's one of those big hairy special cats, here's a great place to start:

The Big Breeds (and Mixes): Post 'em Here!

Oh, yeah - and welcome, both of you, to TCS!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Norwegians can fit anywhere because they're so tiny. Show her, Bob.
Haha, so cute! Chilli kept sticking her legs underneath (the only part that would fit) and then meowing sadly at me from the floor. I separated the sectional a bit and made a little blanket cave so she can pretend she's under the couch and she's over the moon. :p

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and your lovely girl! I'm so looking forward to seeing the both of you prowling about the threads!