maybe getting my first cat a playmate was an awful idea...

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by frealsyo

My cats are "bonded" and have lived together their entire lives and they won't even interact that close~!!!! (and I live in a an apartment not a house) You're doing a GREAT job!

cat.ling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aw I really feel for you and LawGuy going through this anxiety. I'm glad it's working out now!

Now I really want to get a 2nd kitty!

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness.. could they be any more adorable?!
It looks like Milo has a faint stripe pattern in the second pic.. just gorgeous!

I'm so glad you are feeling more positive about their relationship! The fact that they are able to be that close to each other without being in a war is awesome! It's totally normal to get stressed the first time though. I went waaay more overboard during my first kitty introductions that I was constantly in tears and calling those I adopted them from. "I ruined everything blah blah, they hate me yadda yadda yadda, blah apocalypse blah wahhh!"
Until one day when they suddenly cuddled together, fell asleep and, in turn, even reduced my cell phone bill!

It's obvious that you want the absolute best for them and love them very much. There are plenty of people - totally unlike yourself - who give up when it seems tough or impossible, but here you are sticking by your furbabies and giving them the greatest home!
They are so lucky to have you!

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, they are beautiful! Believe me, I was much worse when I brought my second cat in - to this day I will shop constantly at Petsmart because the managers there spent so much time answering my hysterical questions during the introduction.

And, yeah, I was convinced my little girl was being mean to new boy, til I saw them both taking turns whapping at each other. Don't worry too much if you see just 'puffy tails' - that can be a sign of excitement during play. If hair is up all over (like a Halloween cat) - someone is more seriously upset.

Re the box - try with just one, but if anyone has an accident, just be prepared to scoot out for another box. I would so love it if mine would share one box, but it was not meant to be.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree, if they're not having a problem with it and you keep it clean, I wouldn't worry. We live in an RV and have seven cats using three boxes.
The minimum we scoop is twice a day - we just clean them often and make sure to have a lot of litter in them. At least you know what to do if there ever is a problem.

They are SO adorable! And they look and sound like they're doing just great. They ARE lucky to have such a great home!

Laurie

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 cats in a studio and they are okay using one box. I clean it two-three times a day. They peepee alot.

Sounds like they are becoming fast friends. Thats so awesome! They are super cute.

Don't worry too much about the yelling while paying. It can sound worse than it is. Is he neutered yet? Make sure if not that you get it done sooner than later. It can develop issues with spraying and stuff. Also, make sure she is spayed also. You don't want a cat in heat...not fun.