Maybe a Siamese? Unusual body structure

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
What a gorgeous boy :heart3:

His colour and pattern is called blue lynx point :D

Lynx means tabby - so you could also say blue tabby point. ;)

He does look like he has some Siamese in him. More like the traditional type Siamese, now known has the Thai cat breed. :catguy:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blondymu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the response GemsGem... thank you! I am trying to look a little more up to understand the differences btwn what a siamese is and blue point...or whatever that means! All my cats previous were just domestic shorthairs and nothing more exotic, so even though I am a catlady I am not educated on the difference of breeds!

ganesh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Points on a cat refer to the muzzle, ears, tail and feet. Blue is gray. 

Pointed breeds (Ragdolls, Birmans, Siamese etc) are a result of partial albinism. It's a mutation of a gene responsible to making melatonin and it's heat sensitive making areas of the body that are cooler darker, which I think is so cool. Depending on how old your cat is and how the gene expressed itself he may get even darker than he is now since it takes some kitties up to four years to reach full maturity. His blue eyes are part of the same gene mutation as well as red glow in his pupils.

I just adopted a ragdoll not too long ago which is how I came to learn about it. You wouldn't know it now, but she would've been born with white fur. I'm still not used to the red glow of her eyes, she looks like Demon Cat. 

Love those whiskers on your kitty!

ganesh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You're welcome. 

What a beautiful face, really like the colour of his eyes. 

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful face, really like the colour of his eyes. 
Thank you, Ganesh, yes, Ireland does have a beautiful face! Ireland is female, though I would have guessed male, too, particularly based on that photo. In any case, we've always said she's a tomboy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blondymu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I didn't even see all these other replies! Thank you all! I actually don't know his age but suspect he's senior. Would love to know his story as I found him on the highway and despite me efforts couldn't find his owner so we think he might have been dumped. I wish I had a better pic of his body, it's unusual with a very protruding chest and the deep slope in his back.

He's also a begger!
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]