Maya, my angel

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. She wasn't alone at the end as you were there to comfort her. You did everything you could for her.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
please don't feel guilty when you did all you could for mya. she needed you and you didn't let her down. thank heaven that she was safe and loved when she and the kittens crossed over.

RIP maya and your babies.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ronit

RIP Maya and Kittens

Do not blame yourself because you tried and did the best you could, she crossed over the bridge knowing she was loved and cared for. Which is so important ! !
Couldn't have said it better. Please be gentle with yourself. :hug:

RIP Sweet Maya and Babies.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss, but please don't blame yourself. You did the best you could.

Rest in peace Maya and her sweet babies

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I am so very sorry for this tragic loss.

May Maya rest in peace.

aileen06

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. You gave her so much love and attention during her final days and I am sure she appreciated that. Rest in Peace Maya and Babies.

tobi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It makes me so upset when vets charge so much for something like that.
I'm studing veterinary science, so I'm not just saying this as a pet owner - Vets earn enough to be able to help out people just trying to do the right thing. You were fostering this cat, volunteering your time and your money to save this beautiful cat's life and her kittens. Even though I don't think the vet would have been able to save Maya, I still get upset when I hear stories like that.

Please, do anything but blame yourself. You did wonderful things for that cat, and the unfortunate reality of it is that sometimes as hard as you try it doesn't work out.

I hope you don't give up on fostering cats; you're obviously a really dedicated and loving foster mother.

Again, don't blame yourself. You did everything in your power to save Maya.
RIP

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
condolences on your sad loss of Maya and her babies. Now they are all together over RB, playing happily and enjoying the best that Heaven has to offer. I am sure that those 10 days were probably the safest, most love-filled days that she had since she was at her mama-kitty's side, being nursed and purred to. Bless you for giving her refuge and for being there for her during those difficult, last hours.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my, this is so tragic! I'm so very sorry you lost your little girl after striving night and day to get her through that terrible illness. You must have become so attached to her over the days you spent together. It just breaks my heart that Maya was experiencing so much pain which sadly overcame her. All she wanted was to be loved where she could safely bring her babies into the world. YOU gave her loving security! You did absolutely everything you could do. Now, Maya is in perfect health in Heaven with her babies where they will forever live is safety and peace. :rainbowheart:

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss - I was in tears reading the sad end of your time with Maya, but I was so happy that Maya, and her babies within, had received so much love from you. You're a wonderful person.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mawilouwl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all again for your nice words and support. I just wanted to say that I feel better now. I still wake up during the night thinking for a second "I can't believe I feel asleep so long, I have to feed Maya". I feel like she is somewhere in me. I don't know, I keep talking to her in my head and I somehow feel her presence around me, like if she was following me everywhere I go. Maybe that's just an impression (I'd rather think she's running around with her babies over the rainbow bridge), but I feel like she hasn't totally left this world. I've been with her 10 small days, wich is almost nothing in a life. But she changed a part of me forever, opening my eyes to the importance of spaying/neutering, and to the infinite pleasure of taking care of a foster cat.

I will never forget the moment that she died in my arms, scared and hurt, neither will I forget her loving eyes when she found a safe home in my appartment. I will also always remember these five tiny heads and spines that I saw on the radiography inside her belly.

This is the last picture I took of her, the day before she died. While I was taking pictures, she was purring in a weird way because her throat was so irritated. And inside her belly, it's like if her babies were boucing and jumping: you could see little bumps appearing and disapearing quickly everywhere on her belly.

I love you Maya

And I love you little guys inside her

I hope you're fine wherever you are
And I hope that, this time, my love for you all will protect you enough
Of all the violence, the pain and the suffering in the world.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
With tears in my eyes again...
Rest darling Maya and babies
:rainbowheart:

iluvdevons

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
After reading about Maya and seeing her photo, I am crying.
I am so sorry that you lost such a sweet cat and her kittens. At least Maya spent her last days being with you and being loved. RIP Maya and kittens