May she rest in peace..

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart aches for you. I have had many friends who have done the same or lost thier lives due to drugs, car accidents or otherwise. No matter how it happens, you always lose a little piece of your heart when something like this happens. But, please don't blame yourself. Just remember, that she will always carry on through your memories

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on the loss of your friend Rachel! What a tragedy to lose someone so young!

I am very sorry for your loss. What a blow to you, her other friends, and her family. Prayers for those affected by this loss.

Special prayers for your peace of mind, LAG, and that you will know that you were not at fault in any way for this tragedy! Be sure to keep the lines of communication open with your parents and sister during this time.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel. My dear friend, Chris, took his own life right after the start of our senior year. He was depressed but on antidepressants and doing well. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Rachel's family
If you need someone to talk to about this please feel free to PM me. I have lost 5 friends my age in the past 6 years so I know what you are going through.

happyviking

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so very very sorry, how painful this must be for you and her family as well!
My grandfather took his own life years ago. I was too little to remember much of that, although I do remember him. The house was full of people; his kids and grandkids. Nobody understood what was about to happen. They actually knew he was depressed, too, but I think it's difficult to immagine that a person can do something like this. As they all look back, they remember that he went in privat, to all of his 5 kids, one at a time, hugged them tight and said he loved them (he never hugged and said "I love you"). They were all surprised by this, but never saw it as a good-buy until after he left and died. That's when they understood, but of course it was too late. It was extremely hard on the whole family. But my point is, sometimes there can be pretty clear signs and people will still not really see it until it's already happened.
This is very tragic, what happened to Rachel, but you really must not blame yourself for it. I know it's a very natural thing to do, but this is not your fault, nor is it anyone else's. Us humans are very good at seeing things in retrospect, but it doesn't help anybody.
I am so sorry you're going through this. I feel very sad on your behalf, as well as her family.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so terribly sorry to hear of your friend's passing. My hugs and prayers are with you and her family.

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a horrible tragedy.
I had a cousin who took her own life when I was little. I didn't know her well, but I witnessed what her family went through. It still brings tears to my eyes thinking of people in such unimaginable pain.
I'm so very sorry for your loss.
I wish your heart a speedy recovery.
Her family as well.