May I request some vibes for Radar please?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HE'S HOME!!!!

Apparently he behaved himself well at the vets, when he was coming out of the anaesthetic, every time the vet nurse walked past his cage, he was sticking his paws out to try and touch her

He has to go back in 10 days to have the stitches out - that's from his hernia op, no stitches for the neutering.

He is very lively and is tucking in to a small meal of food with pro-biotics which the vet recommended for post-op recovery and settling the stomach following anaesthesia.

£145 for neutering, hernia op, and microchip !!!! (argh my wallet says Nate)

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They drugged our cat

He's lying down after a huge feed and looks awake but really drowsy and hardly able to interact

Anyone know of any NA groups for cats

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As Nate says, we have one seriously stoned kitty at the moment!

The vet told us he gave him an injection of a '24 hour painkiller' which I think now is vet-to-layperson speak for a long-acting sedative.

I have put a cushion on the floor for Radar to lounge on, as he doesn't want to go to bed just yet, but is a bit dazed and confused.

He has a shaved patch on his arm, a mark from the IV, and his little pink belly is all shaved, he has 4 or 5 stitches in his belly. It is obvious that he has been neutered - his scrotum is now empty - but there are no visible incisions in that area.

I don't think he can manage to jump up to the sofa just yet, so I have been lying on the floor stroking him. We have been told not to pick him up under the arms for 2 weeks while he heals, instead if he needs (or wants) to be picked up we have to scoop him up infront of his arms and round his hindquarters, so as not to put any stress on his incision.

He has eaten a ton of food and kept it down fine (this morning you would have thought we'd starved him for a week the fuss he was making about not having any food), my only concern is that he will burst because he really has stuffed himself

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will keep you and little radar in my prayers today
I hope all goes smoothly!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Radar sounds like he has done just wonderfully at the vet though I would still like to offer up some {{{VIBES}}} for you to stay sane, out of the poor house from the bills, and quick healing {{{VIBES}}} for Radar!!!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much everyone. I'm really quite overwhelmed at the number of well-wishers for my little destructicat, given the short length of time I've been posting here, it means a lot to me, Nate and Radar that people have been thinking of us, this place is the best and so full of support and love

A quick update - last night Radar was still woozy when we went to bed, although he found a burst of energy to beg (successfully of course!) for some of my fish dinner, and he made it to the computer chair and we didn't want to move him from it as he was comfortable there!

This morning he is fine and being a total love-bug, he has been plastered to me since I got up

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's such good news!
I'm glad to hear that your little one is on the mend from his surgery and has slept off the wooziness of the anaesthetic!

He'll be causing chaos again in no time!