May I please tell you about Persi?

purrrplej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmyfurbabys

I'm going to try to put this in words and see if it makes sense. Some cats are almost human like in what you know , that they seem to understand . Some cats are just cats and happy to be so.

I am UU also and lean to the magickal side of things.... I know my Bellah was more human like than cat . When my son collapsed and almost died 4 years ago Bellah never left his side for 6 months and she had never spent a night in his room before.

2 years ago I went through a very difficult pregnancy... she never left me.

every night before bed she went around to each child checking on them.

Right before she died she spent more time than usual with me.... and even hung out with the kids the night before she died.

Some cats have an old soul , wise and loving .... some cats are basic cats still loving but on a different level.
When I went through a deep depression about ten years ago, my Simba somehow knew I was suffering, and he lay in bed with me when I could barely get out of bed, because he wanted to try to make me feel better. Normally, he never lay in bed with me.

Also, when my mom was really sick a few years ago, he lay in bed with her, too, to try to be comforting. Again, this is something he normally never does.

And cats have been known to have a sense, at nursing homes and such, for when patients are near the end, and they cozy up to them in their final moments. Cats are very intuitive.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by purrrplej

And cats have been known to have a sense, at nursing homes and such, for when patients are near the end, and they cozy up to them in their final moments. Cats are very intuitive.
That is the truth. My Dad spent his last three-plus years in Extended Care (aka nursing home). There were cats there - one on his floor, two on another. Shaughna made the rounds of the residents and was a great comfort to them. On Dad's last day, he was moved from his shared room to a private room, so our last hours together could be private. We were barely established there, when Shaughna marched into the room, got up on a chair where she could see all activity and watch Dad, and snoozed the day away, collecting a scritch here and there. Dad left us around 2 in the afternoon, we all had our goodbyes, and I sat with him, while my brother and SIL went out for a smoke. As I moved from where I had been to where I wanted to spend that time, I stopped by Shaughna, and thanked her for joining us, then went and sat down. She got down from her chair, came to me, jumped up, and proceeded to knead and suck my sweater for the next I don't know -- hour? certainly long after P&F came back-- anyway, it's a type and intensity of attention she had never given me before. I mentioned her having joined us to the staff, and to a person, they said, "Oh, yes, she knows. We always know when it's time."

ETA: Just realized, that particular episode wasn't even about the cat and a resident -- because, while Dad liked her visits, they didn't have a close relationship themselves, but she and I kind of hit it off. The bottom line, though, was she knew she was needed and by whom.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lee you and Persi have a wonderful bond ... Not many are given the opportuntiy for such a bond ..

As for Dallas ANIMAL control .. My thought s would to be dispose of them

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You definitely are not crazy, and if you are so am I
I love all my furbabies but I have had that special bond with a couple of them that few people will ever have. I lost a 10 yr. old Persian two years ago that I had that bond with. Her ear was bothering her over a hoiday weekend and my regular vet gone on vacation. She had recently had a tick taken out of her ear so I decided I had better take her to the ER. When the ER vet checked her she gave me this look and I had a bad feeling about letting him work on her. I ignored both her look and my feelings and let him take her. He put her out so he could look deep in her ear, in the process he broke the circular hearing bone, rendering her deaf and causing an inner ear infection that took the hearing in the other ear. I felt so guilty for causing her harm, it took four months to save her. She knew how I felt and forgave me, for the next 5 yrs. she was my velcro cat. She slept on my head and was constantly by me. She knew when I was down or upset about what happened, or anything else, and she would find me, get in my face talk and purr. I KNEW that cat was on a different plane with me. Being totally deaf she couldn't hear me, I could think of her coming to me or other things and she would do it. That bond is precious, don't question it just enjoy it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmyfurbabys

I'm going to try to put this in words and see if it makes sense. Some cats are almost human like in what you know , that they seem to understand . Some cats are just cats and happy to be so.

I am UU also and lean to the magickal side of things.... I know my Bellah was more human like than cat . When my son collapsed and almost died 4 years ago Bellah never left his side for 6 months and she had never spent a night in his room before.

2 years ago I went through a very difficult pregnancy... she never left me.

every night before bed she went around to each child checking on them.

Right before she died she spent more time than usual with me.... and even hung out with the kids the night before she died.

Some cats have an old soul , wise and loving .... some cats are basic cats still loving but on a different level.
It was not my intent to bump this thread back on, somebody else did it so I wanted to add, and tried to pm you but could not, that I was also a UU and you are the first UU I have met on TCS. Yes, us UUs have quite a different outlook on life. My wife is from a Muslim background and me from a Christian background were married in a UU church.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my parents rb cat skip was highly tuned in to human emotion. when a friend of theirs who had just been diagnosed with cancer came round, she hadn't been sat down for more than 5 minutes when skip came downstairs, ignored everyone else in the room, jumped on her lap and stared into her eyes.

she was very moved by this as he then lay across her chest (she had breast cancer) and remained there for some time.

skip would rarely come down when they had visitors. he was very choosey about who he spoke to.

skip crossed the bridge after helping my dad through a very serious operation. we honestly thought we were going to lose him and it was skip who made him get up, wouldn't let him sleep all day and lose the will to do anything. us humans would get snapped at but skip would get his way. i truly believe that my dad wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for that incredible cat.

i believe every word you have said about persi and i'm so happy that you two are together.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have this same amazing bond with Cody. We just 'get' each other perfectly. We speak the same language so to speak, and it's not feline or human, it's our own little communication. I can look at him at any given moment and instantly know his mood, if he has any momentary wants, and they exact thing to do to get him to do what I want of him. When I cry he is there, so are the other cats but they are more confused then anything, Cody understands-not the exact reason why I am upset but he knows what to do, he knows if I am in a bad mood and I just don't feel like cuddling, he knows when I need cuddles. I know just by glancing at him if he would mind for me to cuddle with him, or if he rather that I let him rest. I call him my son, and he is, but the bond is so much different than anything.

It's truely unexplainable... We just 'get' each other completly, with this raw bond that I have never exerienced. I am so gald that others get the pleasure of have cats that are as in-tune with them as Cody and I.