May I ask?

G

ghostuser

Wow.. I don't even want to know, lately. The cats don't eat much dry, I just get the smallest bag of Nutro every two months or so.. I think that's around $10? Chase is the money-vaccuum lately.. we are trying to put weight on him so he gets three-four meals a day, most often a 3oz. max cat can that my sister's cat shares, with Wellness, Iams, or Pro Plan tossed in for variety. It probably adds up to at least $50 a month.. but the vets insist his thyroid is fine, so I don't know what else to do.

karebearcasey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well, lets see, never really wanted to think about it, lol. damian is on prescription diet which is about $14 a month, the bag of kitten food which is about $12, not sure how long it will last now, only just got the two girls a week ago, but i'm sure that will only last 2 weeks. and hmmm, i think i just spent about $40 on wet food, hoping it will last a month. add to that litter, i get the huge tub of tidy cats small spaces, lasts about a month at $13. plus whatever i spend on damian's wet food, he only eats crappy 9 lives, which i guess runs about $15 or so a month. so that's about $90 a month in just cat food!! oh my, wish i didn't know that! i think that's more than i spend on myself!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
$30/month on dry farm cat food (Diamond Naturals)
$15/month on dry PJ & Punky (Nutro MAX Kitten)
$10/month on dry Dorian & Ophelia (Nutro MAX Adult & Taste of the Wild)
$25/month on dry Damita, Twitch, & Lily (Fromms)

For wet food:
I lump it together as I'm feeding wet to 15 kitties.....I figure $100/month. Especially in the winter when the farm cats eat more in general, I increase the amount of wet they get!

We budget for $200/month in the winter, $150/month in the summer. That's for 15 cats. Plus a few "strays" that I do not have any official claim to(but I fixed them).

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hadn't thought about this for a while, but here is my guess:

$100 for dry food
$75 for wet food

And probably another $120 for dog food

I work to feed my critters.

kittytales

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have never really wanted to tally up...

My cats are on raw. The monthly total for both is around $25-50 depending on how varied/exotic I get. Having never had cats before, I was thrilled that I could feed them for so little and thought it was DIRT CHEAP! (It's still not bad though, compared to some of the other numbers I'm seeing in this thread.
)

I also have a 95lb GSD. He's on raw during the week, and on canned food on weekends when I need to board him. His raw is $2+ per day, and weekends are $1.89+ per can @ 4-5 cans per day. I just can't bring myself to add it all up.
I use an assortment of supplements (most of which are for my senior GSD) but that's just too much math at 2am.

There are also two cats at my job that we've been trying to place for some time now. All the while they've been with us, they've been on the boarders ration of meow mix and deli cat. My guilt finally lead me to spend some time on petfooddirect.com and look for something better that I could budget for them. One cat is a healthy 8 month old and he will be on Pro Pac wet @ $34/month. The other is an 8-10 year old obese dry food addict and will be on Premium Edge Healthy Weight ($8.26/6lbs) while I attempt to wean her onto canned food. Both will also get Wysong's F-Biotic whole food supplement & Fish oil to offset what is lacking in these foods a bit. I really wish I could bring them home.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Two cats - $20.00 a month on California Natural Chicken and Rice. I have just about given up on wet food. Sometimes they will eat a little Wellness Chicken or Turkey or Meow Mix Market Selects so I probably only spend maybe $10.00 a month on wet food and a lot of that doesn't get eaten.

mezlo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm around $30-$40 per month for Junior. I feed him a Friskies pouch (to save money) in the morning and a Wellness pouch at night along with a little bit of Evo dry during the day.

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I really shouldn't think of this or even try to do the math. All told we spend around $100 - $130 a week in food. My hubby jokes about how he's going to have to get a second job just for the pet bill.