May have found an answer

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi - been attributing Echo's cough/regurg. type behaviour to what I thought (for past year) to be H-thyroid, even if #s don't say so, but after paying more attn, I think he might be allergic to ? in his Whiskas Meaty Selections (no fish) flat pans (like Cesar's) I've given him trying to avoid fish but still provide variety... but have paid more attn lately and narrowing all down, I think I might be onto something (just wish I hadn't ordered more/Amazon recently).

So will withhold for now and see what's what - let you know if it works (anyone else have similar findings?).

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Happy New year 💐!

I've seen a few members whose cats' systems don't handle fish well. Is it too late to return the food?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thx (you really should get some sleep!). Yeah, the latest pkg was a $12, 12 pk one and I already opened one plus Amazon will just tell me to keep it I'm sure, but may donate it to a good cause... want to wait couple of days to be sure I'm right. He is doing much better now than a yr ago(!) anyhow, without fishy food and my 'free feeding' all day (no appreciable wt gain tho').

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks, but of course it's the other way around... will try to remember your beautiful words when he wakes me at 5 a.m.:lol:

FWIW - it wasn't the fish he couldn't handle (apart from likely being early H-T), but the 'Meaty Selections' (beef, chicken).

Mighty Orange

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm in the process of trying to find the allergen for peanut butter. She eats dry so Im switching to a non chicken to see if that stops her. What a pain. LOL

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just didn't want to lead newbies astray :lol:

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope the peanut butter thing goes OK - I know that very allergic kids only need to breathe it in sometimes to be affected (I don't mean dead, but...) so I was always careful with pets to let them sniff from a foot+ away before getting any closer (and I eat the stuff with no problem, but worried about others. Do pets/animals eat it too (besides squirrels, etc)?