May be going to the ER in a bit…

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I hope it's nothing serious and you'll be feeling OK soon. I'm glad your bloodwork was OK and you're back home now.

My brother had something similar to this a couple weeks ago and his was diagnosed as that stomach bug that's going around. He was ill for almost a week. And whatever that bug is, it's going around here at work, too.

for you to feel better.

elayman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

My blood work didn't look too bad so he let me come home. I still have a bit of a fever and feel awful.
Congratulations.
Did they give you something to eat ? My own severe regurgitation, even from a virus, would have caused a drastic chemical change in glucose levels at least. That's pretty amazing that it didn't effect your blood counts.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When the body detects a toxin, be it bacteria or virus, it will either shut down the digestive process and force it out via vomit or speed things up and force things out via diarrhea---or BOTH!!! ICK! It would not be unusual for food to still be in the stomach if the former occured. It has happened to me with an enterovirus.

Hope the tummy settles soon. Keep sipping on Gatorade or some other bland fluid.

Hugs,

Cally

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't dismiss the possibility of it being a virus - it is not uncommon this time of year. Once the Norovirus starts going around it spreads quickly - commonly known as the Winter Vomiting Virus - here's a link that might provide a little more information http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle3126026.ece

Stay hydrated, make sure you get your essential minerals and salts.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The thing is, I have had problems with food staying on my stomach far longer than it should for years. It's why I've adapted to only eating once a day. :/
Maybe it could be a virus on top of that existing problem, but something else is going on.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear this, I hope you'll feel better soon and won't have to go to the ER. If you do, I hope it's nothing serious and they will send you home.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to have a script filled for some anti-nausea med. Hopefully that gets me through the weekend ok. I'm just glad I had one to take earlier and was able to take some acetaminophen. This headache is ridiculous.

Oh, it was funny earlier. During the winter I keep the heat set to around 75F and was wondering why I was feeling so hot. (normally that's comfortable) I thought I was just feverish until I stepped out on the front porch to get the mail. It was 60F out! The house was just too hot inside.

Thanks for the vibes everyone.

I will be talking to the doc about GI stuff Monday and maybe switching GI docs since the one I did see kind of ignored some stuff. The good thing is that the other local one who will be doing my DH's endoscope Tuesday seems pretty cool - in a quirky odd sort of way. I can appreciate another person who collects and keeps rocks on their desk.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, you poor thing! I hope your tummy settles down, the headache goes away, and you can get some serious rest this weekend. Sending loads of healing that it's a virus and nothing more.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope it's nothing serious and that you feel better soon!

elayman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I had to have a script filled for some anti-nausea med. Hopefully that gets me through the weekend ok. I'm just glad I had one to take earlier and was able to take some acetaminophen. This headache is ridiculous.
Wow - I'm sorry you are still having so many symptoms and also hope the doc has some practical suggestions.
Nausea and abdominal pain are bad enough but to add in migraines would just make me want to curl up in a dark room with an ice pack and die.

Any narcotics around ? Of if it digests in the stomach, how about a regular painkiller combo pack - Alleve/Advil/Tylenol etc..

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Narcotic painkillers make me vomit.
I did take a Zofran and some acetominophin, I should be able to take some more soon.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooooh Zofran is good stuff! I wished I had have gotten all the refills I had when I first got prescribed it. It lasted me a fair while, and was awesome through my pregnancy, but I was so bummed when it finally ran out

Hope you're feeling better!