Max

SimoneAms

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, new member here. It's not good that the first post I make is about my cats passing.
I sadly had to have Max put to sleep last Saturday evening.
He'd been unwell, struggling to poop, but that wasn't unusual for him to have trouble.
I'd changed his diet to provide more fluid and fibre.
An X-ray showed his intestines had filled his lower belly in a major prolapse and were looped, twisted and blocked with faeces.
The vet said the X-ray showed no sign of Max having an abdominal lining, it ended just under his rib cage and said it was a congenital deformity along with other features he had.
I knew he was a bit of an unusual cat, but I adored him just the same.
Sadly, the vet wanted me to agree to Max being operated on, just to open him up to satisfy their curiosity at such an abnormality. No cure and poor prognosis for survival.
I could not agree to my Max being treated like a lab rat. He was suffering and frightened.
Made the hardest decision out of pure love to say goodbye. I held him with his paws resting on my shoulder while I told him I loved him and that he is a good boy. He fell asleep resting his head on my shoulder before becoming very heavy.
My heart hurts for him. He was only 4.
Trying now to believe that he is still somewhere out there and he is happy. I get his ashes back soon in a rainbow bridge tin with his name on it.
It will sit between two ceramic cats, one of which is wearing Max's collar, which I gently took off him so he can be free.
FB_IMG_1658563938731.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry that you found us under such sad circumstances.

Max looks like such a sweet boy. I think you made the right decision to let him pass as peacefully as possible.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

:hugs:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is not always easy to do what is best, S SimoneAms You spared your beloved cat a time of agony. Cercease. Now you grieve. But you did the right, the loving thing. Mourn, because you love your cat. Be comforted that you did the right thing. My condolences.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart hears your pain and reaches out to you in shared sorrow. You really had no other choice. You could not let him suffer from something that would get worse in the future. This was something that would not resolve and would forever cause him pain and further vet visits. To have him survive and find the happiness and joy of being in your life for 4 years is a testament to the love and care that you gave him. You gave him what he wanted most in life, someone to love him.
i, too, posted my first post seeking empathy, it helps to share your agony with someone who understands loving and losing these amazing little ones. There are no words to bring comfort, but just know that his love will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers, and we are here anytime you need us. Time is the ONLY thing that helps heal a broken heart, to let a tormented mind and soul heal.
Love is spiritual, so eternal. his bond of love will always be tied to your soul. Eventually, the good memories, the comfort he sends you even now, will fill that empty void in your home and heart. My sincere condolences, I know how devastating this can be. For now, just get through the next hour, the next day, one day at a time.......RIP precious Max. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Sweet little Max, poor baby. It's always hard to let them go especially when they're so young. You gave him the best love and care you could and made the right decision to not let him suffer further.

Rest in peace, little Max. :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Max, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a beautiful boy he was, is, and always will be! Such a short life, but one filled with love, because you were willing to take on a cat with "issues." So many are not. And now, from his new home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, Max blesses you and sends his love, translated and purified into Love, back to walk with you down through all your days. Because Love abide. Always, forever, Love abides.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you.

Nemo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That picture shows what a beautiful kitty Max was! I feel for your loss. I've recently lost a young kitty myself due to FIV (and posted here about it). I won't lie to you--if you had a relationship with Max, you WILL mourn your loss for some time. But look at that mourning as a value on the relationship, as I have come to do. You were Max's human. And for a cat to claim a human as its own is nothing short of wonderful.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sincere condolences! :grouphug::redheartpump: These situations are never easy, and you are not alone in dealing with them. He looked like such a precious little kitty!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sweet little face really touched my heart :bawling2:
You clearly loved him, and no doubt he loved you, and it's so unfair that he had to leave you at such a young age. I always wonder what they, up there, have in their minds when they call such sweet and young angels to them.

Max, you lived a short life, but it was so rich with love that it is like you lived 10 lives. Your family will never forget you.
RIP sweet Max.