Max-proofing recommendations needed ASAP, please!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cant say anything for quality but I did see a cat wheel at target ... maybe that would suffice to help till the real wheel can be bought...

Lol.. Zoey can open latches , get thru magnets and I swear walk on walls ... I literally got on the floor like a cat to see what looked fun.. then got on the furniture to find some up above things.... BOY did I learn alot( ohh and yes Mom thought I was nuts)

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Mine enjoy removing the floor vents and climbing into the A/C/Heating ventilation system under the floor. This drives me and Teri nuts and it's dangerous. I'm sure they know this and relish making us crazy!
We had to have someone come in and actually drill holes to screw them into the floor. At the other house we had those heavy duty iron returns, but they still tried to lift them. At this house they were standard and I knew we would have big problems if we didnt have them screwed in.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

We had to have someone come in and actually drill holes to screw them into the floor. At the other house we had those heavy duty iron returns, but they still tried to lift them. At this house they were standard and I knew we would have big problems if we didnt have them screwed in.
I'm going to have to do that as well. Right now we have heavy items placed partially over the vents and that's working, but it's not a permanent solution.

Occasionally I wish cats weren't so smart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I guess I have to agree with the "if it's closed I MUST get into it" idea.

Last night, right under Max's nose, I closed an empty pizza box, leaving it on the counter.

Later I found it on the floor, with Max trying like CRAZY to get it opened again, which made me laugh my butt off to watch him. He did NOT succeed in getting it open, so I left it on the floor for him to continue playing with.

There were no cabinets doors found open last night, so it isn't an every day thing, it's just a matter of what he decides to turn his attention to next!

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The baby locks that are the magnet that I have dealt with are impossible to open. I babysat for a family that had them and I couldn't find the little key for them I finally had to suck it up and call the parents because i could not pry the doors open.

Leslie

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gingersmom when I read this I thought you were talking about Ping and Pong. It has always been a battle with them.

I don't know if this has been suggested yet (just skimmed the first page) but here is what we do.

The cabinet under the sink has double doors that open in opposite directions. I keep the trash can in front of that where the 2 doors meet. I have done this for several months and neither one has moved it yet.

The cabinet beside that I also have to block or they can still get in the chemical cabinet. I use a sugar container that the hubby bought (has sugar in it and a good size) to block where those doors meet.

My husband experimented with another idea so that I can move the trash can and so far this on this cabinet. Our cabinets do not have knobs they have handles. So he took a metal clothes hanger and slides one corner through the slats all the way up to the hook part of the hanger. Then folds the corners over the handle. The doors still open a little but neither cat can fit through it.

Now in the bathroom you could just block with something heavy enough the cat(s) can't move it.