epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by saya

OMG!!

this is hilarious!
this would drive me crazy though...
We're a bit strapped for space - I really need to find somewhere else I can put one of the litterboxes other than in our bedroom - it wouldn't annoy me so much except when you are woken at 3am by the 'scratch scratch scratch' of litter it isn't exactly endearing, especially when it's likely to go on for 15 minutes at least while he gets it just so, by which time sleep is a distant memory! I usually end up getting up to a) check that he's not having problems going to the toilet and b) to scoop just to get him to stop scratching at the **** thing!

AAAAAARGGHGGGHH!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Having had one cat (RIP, Pussy Willow) who viewed every flowerpot as an "extra toilet", I really appreciate Jamie's fastidiousness. He not only covers up everything, he goes back and moves every clump and batch of litter-coated poo to the back left-hand corner of his box, making scooping a really easy task. Get this: When he has to spit up, he also uses/tries to reach his litter box!

The only problem we've encountered is when he doesn't like a certain brand of litter, as he'll spend hours scratching it out of his box, down the upstairs hallway (where his litter box is located), and then down the stairs. One time, I was trying out crystal litter, and became concerned that Jamie might be constipated, because he wasn't doing "#2" in his box. I made an appointment with the vet, and then discovered that he'd found an open bag of his usual litter on a shelf in our cellar, and had been pooing in it!

He destroyed, i.e., smashed, his litter box last year, and we still haven't figured out what prompted that, as he'd been using it for over 7 years. He seems quite pleased with its "jumbo" replacement, though my back isn't!

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In the bedroom we have 2 open boxes sitting side by side. China will do her business in one box and try to cover it up using the litter from the other box.

We also have a 3 year old "mental" cat who, somehow, balances all 4 feet on the edge of the box in order to go. He kinda sways but somehow keeps his balance to do his business. He will not touch the litter or even cover up his business.