Matilda passed away tonight....

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I agree with this. I am so sad for you. I am about cryin
g, reading this.
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Don't blame yourself - you did all you could, and don't blame momcat - she was obeying her instinct to ignore or even kill a sick kitten so it doesn't endanger the rest. Some things are not meant to be, and Matilda simply did not make it. I am sorry for you - it is always a hard 'what if?'

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Katie, I'm very very sorry but don't blame yourself. You know, Matilda is much happier at the Bridge, her little body is perfectly healthy now. She has no sickness and no pain now. All she knows now is complete peace and joy. I hope you will find peace and know that you made her feel loved during her short stay in this world.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Katie, I'm so very sorry. You have grown to love and cherish this precioius little baby so dearly. You gave Matilda the very best of care, and so much unconditional love. She was called to Heaven after such a short stay here with us, your heart must be shattered. She knows the love you have for her, and she loves you so much as she now plays happily in perfect health among the angels.

kittylady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I am very sorry for your loss of Matilda. Please dont blame yourself. You did the best you could and thats all anyone can do.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about Matilda. Please don't blame yourself. It sounds like you did everything you could to love and care for her. Will keep you and sweet baby Matilda in my thoughts and prayers.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry that little Matilda lost her fight. You did all you could, and more.

"What ifs" are natural, but ultimately, without value. What if you had taken her to the adoption event, and she passed away there? You would have felt guilty for taking her out. What if you had sat with her, rather than preparing the KMR, and she had died? You would have felt guilty that she needed food that you did not prepare for her.

What would you say to someone else if they had posted the same scenario? Would you have felt they did something wrong? No, you wouldn't. Please give yourself the same comfort you would have given to one of us in the same situation. You took great care of Matilda, and loved her fiercely. It just wasn't meant to be for your little girl.

You and Matilda are in my thoughts and prayers.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Katie, I was hoping little Matilda would make it through...I'm so very sorry to hear this.....God bless this little angel.